Pre-Assessed..
hi guys
today received the letters for aproval two leters mine and my sponsor
but they didn't ask for more documents so iam waiting for the final answer
take care guys
much luv

R

robrod

2 out of 2 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Not bad at all!!...
Congrats, Mimi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... See, I knew both of you (Mimi and Kris) were going to get your AIP letters today, this week for sure!... And Adzees is next and then Janadian!...
I got exactly the same letter than yours, but on mine it asked for 3 additional documents.
Since they didn't ask you for any, you are going straight to the final stage... "Decision Made" status will come up in the main log-in page on your e-cas (instead of "In Process" as it shows now), and then about 2-3 weeks later, you will receive the "Decision Made" letter from Vegreville.
Not sure how long it will take for DM status to appear on your e-cas as mine had to wait first for one document to make it back to Vegreville from Mexico... I would estimate a month, though.
Congrats again!..
Who is next???... I'm even higher now!!!.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OOOMG! So happy for y'all, the wait is almost over. Hang in there!
:) You all deserve it! xo

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Black-Berry said:
Congrats Kiwikris.. i am happy for you!.

As for the work permit, I read on CIC website that they give you the permit according to how long it takes to reach your final stage. .
Rob maybe that is why they only gave you 4 months?. Because they knew you would get your work permit before then. The time is approximate i believe.
but anyhow Congrats!..

Janadian and Mimi cant wait to hear your good news!..I am praying for you both my friends :).

Adzees, No news is good news! My status on the website wa changed so fast even before they put my processing time. i believe even now my processing time hasnt been ut!. SO its more than ikely they are on Early feb.. Most likely they have sent your WP have you tried calling them to see what happened?

Rob... Thanks for reaching out to me. it means alot..
BB, yes i did call them . Call center guys didn't see any update and asked me to call back in a month if i don't hear till then. And i never applied for work permit, because i already have one for last 4 years. And it is still valid for another 8 months.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
robrod said:
2 out of 2 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Not bad at all!!...
Congrats, Mimi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... See, I knew both of you (Mimi and Kris) were going to get your AIP letters today, this week for sure!... And Adzees is next and then Janadian!...
I got exactly the same letter than yours, but on mine it asked for 3 additional documents.
Since they didn't ask you for any, you are going straight to the final stage... "Decision Made" status will come up in the main log-in page on your e-cas (instead of "In Process" as it shows now), and then about 2-3 weeks later, you will receive the "Decision Made" letter from Vegreville.
Not sure how long it will take for DM status to appear on your e-cas as mine had to wait first for one document to make it back to Vegreville from Mexico... I would estimate a month, though.
Congrats again!..
Who is next???... I'm even higher now!!!.
thanks Rob for the good wishes.. Hopefully every one will hear good news soon.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Congats Mimi!.. I wish i had good news to give!..

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Black-Berry said:
Congats Mimi!.. I wish i had good news to give!..
BB stay strong.. i know you will.. soon .. :)

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Congratulations Mimi!!!! Just a little bit longer for us I hope! We will have to see what happens next. :)

I'm am positive it won't be much longer for you Adzees ( I would try calling agian on Fri or next week as you will speak to a different person and they could send an e-mail or something may have happened??) and Janadian, not long now.

BB, it is good to see you back and I know you will hear something soon!

Thank you Boasorte and welcome :)

What a great day and thanks Robrod for your support and encouragement!

So you think maybe 2-3 weeks till the next letter? I hope so but won't hold my breath, just happy right now to be at this stage. I guess no interview required??
I was wondering why my OWP is 2 years....I hope it doesn't take that long we are hoping to back to NZ in Feb 2012. Also my passport actually expires in March 2012 and the NZWHP was for one year only and expired in Sep 10.
They have not requested any other information. I included a police check for Candada in the original application so I am hoping that helped.

Mona_Barca welcome and happy to try and answer you question.
I actually only found out about my started processing date after I checked ecas this weekend. I called in and got my client ID number only last week after they were late in getting my letter to me. I have heard from others though that they have called up after approx 1.5-3 months after application has been received and been able to get client ID after telling them which day application was received. So I would try calling them. From what others have said the 2-3 month time line is about right so they should be openeing your application any day now :) I wish I had known about this site way back when we were starting our application as it is good to be able to speak with others going through the same thing and like Mimi we are on about the same timeline and can guage things a bit better.

I didn't make it to OHIP today but it will be interesting to see if I have to wait 3 months again as I am still working and paying taxes!

Thanks again everyone for your well wishes and I know this week will bring many more positive outcomes for you. :)

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks everybody
in my boyfriend's letter (my common-law pantner and sponsor)aproval sponsorship letter it says they will contact me shortly but who knows.
Robrod ur a magician i think ur prediction are rights
kiwikris all the best
adzees keep calling them dnt get tired
BB did you ask for them foss notes today?if no do it tomorrow
much luv to ya all

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
I would call them everyday, but the problem is that i work 8-430 monday to friday. I hope that i will hear something positive this week. Fingers crossed

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
adzees said:
I would call them everyday, but the problem is that i work 8-430 monday to friday. I hope that i will hear something positive this week. Fingers crossed
So call earlier, or later. You're more likely to get through then anyway:

http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
matthewc said:
So call earlier, or later. You're more likely to get through then anyway:

http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre
Thanks matthewc.. i thought its 8-4 local time only..

kaismum

Oct 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2009
Doc's Request.
05-08-2010
Hi,

I'm just joining in.

I'm on my second stage. Sent the last document they asked for over a month ago, but still there is no answer.

Do you think it is worth applying for the open work permit?

Thanks.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Ok am confused.. i know everyones getting A.I.P. but i think ive been married for a longer time than everyone here who is getting approved.. I met my husband in 2000 and got married in 2002 two years after dating. Does anyone know which criteria they use in the first stage?. Is it just genuiness they look for?. I have never done anything illegal in my whole entire life. Before that i had been to Canada six to seven times with dh or alone to tour/visit/vacation . Always went back to Bermuda after three or four days.I have never overstayed it..
I also had never had an interest of moving to canada. Even though my hsband was canadian all along.

Dont you think if i was in this for convenience i would have rushed dh to move here so that i could get PR status?

I moved here 8 years after marrying him.. With him. More in love with him than ever. Why me?.

Although i am kenyan and have a Kenyan passport, I am a permanent resident of a British colony (Bermuda) Which is considered the third richest country in the world. I have lived in Bermuda since 2001 Loved it there Still do. We left Bermuda because we wanted something different thats all!. We loved our life there. We also didnt want our kids to grow up spoilt rich rotten. Everything was perfect for them out there .... and us...
I dont understand why mine was singled out. Im still baffled!. Even though i didnt send much at the beginning , in my eyes whatever i sent was pretty strong.
Sometimes you cant even put value to your love. Sometimes less is more!./ Sometimes just once picture speaks a thousand words.

I have everything on my side.,. why me??
Which leads me to believe something else is wrong?.
Today i spoke to someone who used to work as an officer at Vegreville, and she was completely shocked at my case and i didnt recieve AIP right away. They have never even ever upated my case on ecas. I sent my medicals... No update... I sent my police cert... no updates.. They sent me a form requiring moe information.. I sent it back.. Still no update!.

this person i know says it must be something else but not the genuity of my relationship. She also said it might be something so so minor and its prob just the officer who was looking at my file. I had taken copies of everything i sent. and i gave her to look at them for me. SHe said she is so baffled and it looks great. . She said our case sounded pretty straight forward..

I will just wait. Today i ordered my FOSS notes. so ill wait and see. they may not say much but its worth giving it a go. Also i went to the CIC office where my file was transferred here in nanaaimo They dont take walk-ins only on Thursdays. So Thursday i will go in the morning. Maybe i will see how busy it is so i can have an idea. I will go with my husband and three kids aged 17,7 and 6 (all who are canadian)

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello black-berry
first sorry for what ur going through i knw its not easy n thus why i said order foss notes because up to now you don't know why ur file have been transferred and by the way ur not refused its just they transfer it who knows maybe next week they will call you for the interview before any of us?
and about being coming from bermuda as a permanent resident, immigration laws dont work that way because even people from USA which is considered to be a super power , china who now control the world economy they get denied why that? because immigration have their own rules and regulation ,the immiration lawyers if you ask them they will advice you from the start to have a lot of proof we are not suppose to say oh iam married for ten years they will aprove me i have children no things dont work that way at all its not because um bcoz i got approved no i have been sending proof like a mad woman thus why keep telling people to keep sending more evedence especially with new law anything small n minor the immigration officer will slap it on our face since in canada class no right of appeal,so for me i think order foss notes and you will knw from there,thus why even here in canada the law in ontario are different from Alberta .and remember canada want more skilled class why so?so that to compete with the world competetion in the future people under spouse and common law class ,old people and refugees will be denied bcoz they want skilled labour so people dont leave things hanging on ur application immigration officer have more power now more than ever they want quality of ur evedence not how long you have been married or children ithose are not proof of ur relationship otherwise everybody could be approved .and east africa is among the suspious countries especially if you meet online and there is age difference ,children from previous relationship applicants need to be very careful in the application and proof they provide they are not angels n they dont know us