File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Wishing you the very best on your first thanksgiving Black-berry. This will be our second Thanksgiving. It was so very fun teaching my husband our customs here in Canada and with our family because they don't celebrate it either in Jamaica.

Everyone will be all gthering at my mother house on Sunday..there will be grandparents..parents..brothers and sisters..4 kiddies and one preganat belly! And us of course :p
We Make a HUGE turkey with cranberry sauce,stuffing, many different kinds of of veggies and pumpkin pie :D.

Our traditions are: We all sit a beautifully decorated table of gold and reds and orange and browns..We say grace and go around the table and say what we are thankful this year...and after the meal we share these things called crackers that "POP" when you pull them and come with a prize and a joke. The holiday is always filled with good food and fun and family. Definatly one of our favourite holidays. My husband enjoyed it very much..and as tradition goes...the big man of the family carves the turkey..Last year my husband got to do the honors! ;D

Here's to hoping you all have a very special holiday, make many of your own family traditions...
and Thank you Black-Berry for suggesting that we share. :-*

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Black-Berry said:
Just to sidetrack everyone who is waiting!. This is our first Thanksgiving here in Canada ever!. we have never celebrated Thanksgiving but we wanna do it this year. Being this is a new tradition that our family will adopt, I thought its fun to see if anyone else will celebrate it?.
Well my hubby got a turkey and ill attempt to make a pumpkin pie tomorrow :D. Am excited about it and the kids are too!. Anyone else celebrating their first thanksgiving???
In addition...I was thinking for the kids..We used to make something for the center piece for the table when we were little too..as a child it is super special to have your art work displayed for the whole family to see...one year we made a turkey with a stuffed paper bag..we made feathers with colourful cutouts of our hand shape and a cardboard head. Try making a pretend pumpkin or gather coloured leaves. The little ones in our family are all under 4 so they arent quite old enought to make center peices but will soon! So last year we had a pumpkin carved out with a candle inside surronded by leaves..it was nice. Just another Thanksgiving tradition to try if you like :)

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Janadian said:
In addition...I was thinking for the kids..We used to make something for the center piece for the table when we were little too..as a child it is super special to have your art work displayed for the whole family to see...one year we made a turkey with a stuffed paper bag..we made feathers with colourful cutouts of our hand shape and a cardboard head. Try making a pretend pumpkin or gather coloured leaves. The little ones in our family are all under 4 so they arent quite old enought to make center peices but will soon! So last year we had a pumpkin carved out with a candle inside surronded by leaves..it was nice. Just another Thanksgiving tradition to try if you like :)
Aww thanks Janadian!!. and happy thanksgiving to you all!...I never thought of the centrepieces!. my kids are old enough now (6 and 7) so i think i will ask them tonight!. they love that kind of stuff!...
Your story of your family tradition is so touching..

Asta said:
that sounds sweet Black-Berry! u make me wanna have kids now hehe well i wanna have kids for long time now but the situation is not right yet. in my country we dont have Thanks Giving either. last year was my first thanksgiving. me and hubby were visiting Niagara Falls that day, just for one day, and at night came back home. we live with my inlaws, so there were my hubby's relatives invited, well it didnt leave me much impression since im not close with my inlaws or relatives. the only person im close with is my hubby. Thanksgiving is something like Christmas Eve, i dont know if u guys have Christmas Eve. its 24th december night. we have lots of customs and games on that night in Lithuania. and its family dinner just like thanksgiving. i missed that last year, missed my own family and friends back home.
Asta!... having kids makes everything so much fun!. if we didnt have them i dont think it would be such a big deal but they are so so excited about thanksgiving until its contagious!..And niagara falls just sounds like the place to be!. Are you in toronto by any chance. Its also just me and the hubby and kids . i miss my family back home terribly but i dont want my kids to miss it because i dont ave my extended family here. So i will try and make the best of it!.

Love_Young said:
Aww so precious Black-Berry.
Actually my first Canadian Thanksgiving was last year. I am still not used to it being this time of the month.
My Thanksgiving is normally at the end of November. Last year my hubby's mom actually made a second meal for when I would celebrate Thanksgiving at home. She didn't want me to feel lonely or left out from home. It helped a bit but of course it wasn't the same. I think though here in Newfoundland they do things a lot different. We just call it "cooked dinner or jiggs dinner" here. During the cold months we have it at least once a week which is also not something I am used to. I remember crying as a little kid when Thanksgiving was over at home because I would never have a meal like that for another year and so I would start counting down again. I am already determined that when we have children they will celebrate both the US and Canadian holidays. But I mean what is that to cry about as a kid? They will get two Thanksgivings and two independence days. Twice the holidays sounds good to me.

I hope you and the children enjoy your first Thanksgiving. Be sure to take plenty of pictures to remember the event. You only get a first of something one time. :p
love_young That sounds pretty funny and i forgot you are american and anmerican thanksgiving is on a different day!. will you celebrate both then lucky you!.I will take loads of pictures. Today i got a new 16 gb memory stick which can take upto 1000 photos just for the occasion!.. Enjoy your thanksgiving as well!.

GL to all and hope next week we will be a positive week for all :)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Black-Berry said:
Asta!... having kids makes everything so much fun!. if we didnt have them i dont think it would be such a big deal but they are so so excited about thanksgiving until its contagious!..And niagara falls just sounds like the place to be!. Are you in toronto by any chance.
we live in Mississauga ;)

ss06cj

Jun 16, 2010
We sent our app at the beginning of Apr...not expecting to hear anything until the new year.

Meanwhile, my boyfriend's working visa expired in Sept so we had applied to extend it before the expiry...still havent heard from that. Praying in the next couple weeks for that but right now he's on implied status.

I wish they could speed things up.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Aww yay Black-Berry that sounds good. Hopefully you filled up your camera full of memories.

Welcome to our thread ss06cj. Please make yourself at home.
We are all here to support you through the wait. :D

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
MexicaTica said:
A good Thanksgiving indeed....I received my AIP today! :D
Congrats MexicaTica.... :)

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
adzees said:
Congrats MexicaTica.... :)
yayy mexicatica!..
Adzees youre next than janadian than MOI!!. then Asta!. have i missed someone??. hehehe. Good Vibes to all hopefully this week Adzees they will start processing january 12th..

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Black-Berry said:
yayy mexicatica!..
Adzees youre next than janadian than MOI!!. then Asta!. have i missed someone??. hehehe. Good Vibes to all hopefully this week Adzees they will start processing january 12th..
if im not mistaken (my notes says lol) before adzees theres "sgnv" and mimi in a line :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Just sad I won't be able to celebrate with any of you. I will be left here alone without all of you.
I am so happy for all of you and want nothing but good news. Just wish we had all applied closer together.
I won't be hearing anything until April 2011. Oh well, you all show me strength and give me courage in knowing that if you all can make it then so can I. I just hope that some of you if not all of you will come back to visit every now and then to update me of your new and happy life in Canada.

Huge congrats to you MexicaTica. The happiness I feel for you is unreal. You must be so excited.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Love_Young said:
Just sad I won't be able to celebrate with any of you. I will be left here alone without all of you.
I am so happy for all of you and want nothing but good news. Just wish we had all applied closer together.
I won't be hearing anything until April 2011. Oh well, you all show me strength and give me courage in knowing that if you all can make it then so can I. I just hope that some of you if not all of you will come back to visit every now and then to update me of your new and happy life in Canada.

Huge congrats to you MexicaTica. The happiness I feel for you is unreal. You must be so excited.

aww u wont be alone. when we all get AIP, then we will be waiting for PR and will stay in this forum. some people stay here even after they land and help other people. and if u really wanna keep contacts with people here, we can share our emails! messenger IDs so we could chat on msn or yahoo or skype. its not a big problem ;)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Asta said:
aww u wont be alone. when we all get AIP, then we will be waiting for PR and will stay in this forum. some people stay here even after they land and help other people. and if u really wanna keep contacts with people here, we can share our emails! messenger IDs so we could chat on msn or yahoo or skype. its not a big problem ;)
You are very right Asta. Thank you for being there to make me feel happy again. I just don't want to be forgotten about.
If anybody else is up to it, I think the messenger and email thing is a very good idea. I would definitely do that.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Love_Young said:
You are very right Asta. Thank you for being there to make me feel happy again. I just don't want to be forgotten about.
If anybody else is up to it, I think the messenger and email thing is a very good idea. I would definitely do that.
I will definitely stay here until you get your stuff Love_young!. i would never leave you like that!. we are a family and i love the idea of the messenger thing!. it will be awesome to chat with all of you and keep tabs!.
Plus this is only for first stage approval!. whoknows maybe we will be waiting for our PR another six months??..

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with everyone, we are not going anywhere Love_Young. You can count on me. Having people who understand how taxing this process can be is important and I want to be here for you and everyone else.