18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
adzees said:
See i am only hour away from Vegreville, So mail comes by faster.
An hour away and it took 10 days! Eie curumba it will be 30 days for me in Ontario by the time they deliver by donkey lol.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
adzees said:
Did you fax the request? or send it through a regular mail.. See i am only hour away from Vegreville, So mail comes by faster.
Faxed both times, Ive never known such slowness in my life till I moved here , the case of hurry up and wait lol

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
angtao said:
anyone?

Hey guys,

What is AOR? I know it means Acknowledgement of receipt. Is this the same as when your application starts processing?
dont worry bout it. its for outlanders. u applied inland so it doesnt concern u.
some people mark their AIP date on "AOR" info in this thread.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
angtao said:
Is App when your file arrives to the Visa office?
app. = application
app. filed - application filed/ either when u sent it out or when it reached CIC.

im guessing ur asking about shortcuts under users' names right?

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
kiwikris said:
An hour away and it took 10 days! Eie curumba it will be 30 days for me in Ontario by the time they deliver by donkey lol.
Yeah this includes. sending my request, including weekend and 96 pages of FOSS notes :)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
adzees said:
Yeah this includes. sending my request, including weekend and 96 pages of FOSS notes :).

Kiwi you are in Ottawa right. I have spent 7 years in Ottawa, and i still miss it. :S

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
96 pages wowsers, wonder how long mine will be...
Yes in Ottawa and I think it is crazy the extreme differences in temperature lol but I enjoy it here ;D
How do you find Alberta? I have not been there...yet :)

Lol just saw that the population of Vegreville is just over 5000, hmmm wonder how many of them work at CIC!

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Cmilo said:
I think im going crazy...
i cant wait anymore :(
im getting really depressed
when do you think I might get an answer?
:S
hi cmilo , i phoned the CIC two days back and ask them about my status or when can I receive the AIP but they told me I just have to wait no definite answer ::) and its quiet too depressing its gonna be one month since I got my CSQ . I just hope this will be over soon .

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
has anyone sent their stuff from home to Canada after PR - how to do it without custom fees. Its easier for outlanders but how about us already here?

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Asta said:
did u send ur application already? if not, u have to add application for open work permit and pay 150. sending it together with application will get ur OWP together with AIP. if u sent ur application without OWP then have to request for it after u receive AIP. if u sent application just now u can send OWP request separately and in cover letter ask them to add it to ur application and ask to procede it AFTER they grant ur AIP. and write that on the envelope of OWP request, that "to procede after AIP" or smth like that. cause they sometimes mess it up and procede ur OWP before AIP and ofcourse deny it. and ur money is wasted. so best way to request for OWP - together with application or after AIP.

what about visa extention? u have to have a legal status in Canada. when ur visa expires? if u request for OWP, then u dont need to extend ur visa. hope that helps. ask if smthing is not clear ;)
hello Asta, just one question here as you said If you request for OWP ,Then u dont need to extend ur visa? Because i keep on extending my visitors visa every 6 mos for a year now while waiting for my spouse sponsorship for PR to stay legal. I didnt apply for OWP till now. If I decide to apply soon for OWP does it mean I dont need to extend my visa anymore ? Thank you in advance

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
kiwikris said:
96 pages wowsers, wonder how long mine will be...
Yes in Ottawa and I think it is crazy the extreme differences in temperature lol but I enjoy it here ;D
How do you find Alberta? I have not been there...yet :)

Lol just saw that the population of Vegreville is just over 5000, hmmm wonder how many of them work at CIC!
I am in Edmonton, and basically you can drive to Vegreville in an hour.. so I am not sure the people who works there are actually from Vegreville. They may live in Edmonton, but drive down there to work. You never know.
Yeah mine has all the information about my study permits, work permit, Temporary Resident Visas, and now the PR application.
Alberta is colder than Ottawa for sure :) .... Plus ther weather is dry here....
Which part of Ottawa you live in?

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
PUZZLED said:
hello Asta, just one question here as you said If you request for OWP ,Then u dont need to extend ur visa? Because i keep on extending my visitors visa every 6 mos for a year now while waiting for my spouse sponsorship for PR to stay legal. I didnt apply for OWP till now. If I decide to apply soon for OWP does it mean I dont need to extend my visa anymore ? Thank you in advance
Yes you are CORRECT. If you have a work permit then you do not need to renew your visitor record. Possession of Work Permit itself put you under people with status category.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
adzees said:
Yes you are CORRECT. If you have a work permit then you do not need to renew your visitor record. Possession of Work Permit itself put you under people with status category.
Thank you adzees for the reply , does OWP has expiration date too like how long they will issue OWP? Because I was just wondering for the extension of visitors visa its $75 and for OWP its $150 , its double the fee ::)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
PUZZLED said:
Thank you adzees for the reply , does OWP has expiration date too like how long they will issue OWP? Because I was just wondering for the extension of visitors visa its $75 and for OWP its $150 , its double the fee ::)
Yes it does have an expiry date. But with an open work permit you are eligible for work anywhere in Canada, and you will also be eligible for Provincial Health Care. Plus you can have a Driving License too. So it is worth it to spend extra $75.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
PUZZLED said:
Well PUZZLED, you have to think on it this way. With a work permit you get more privilege than just visitor status.
I read in a manual that it depends on how long they think it might take to finish the rest of the processing for the application.
It is usually issued for 1 year sometimes for 2 years.