Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Wow, so many pages of messages this morning. Every one must be waiting to hear some news. ;)
And kiwikris, no I have been forgetting to fax off my request for FOSS notes. Maybe in the morning.

So anybody else waiting impatiently for the timeline update?
I bet boasorte beats me to it. Woo go boasorte!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
PUZZLED said:
hello Asta, just one question here as you said If you request for OWP ,Then u dont need to extend ur visa? Because i keep on extending my visitors visa every 6 mos for a year now while waiting for my spouse sponsorship for PR to stay legal. I didnt apply for OWP till now. If I decide to apply soon for OWP does it mean I dont need to extend my visa anymore ? Thank you in advance
did u get AIP already? if so, u can apply for open work permit right away. and then u wouldnt need to extend ur visa anymore.
if u didnt receive AIP yet, i would advise u to wait for it, and after receiving it apply right away.

i didnt apply for OWP with my application (mistake!). i applied for stay extension, i asked for 6 months but they extended for 1 year.then when i got AIP, i applied for OWP and received it after a month. and after 2.5 months i got landed.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
I have a question, and was wondering if someone can help me. I applied back in November 2010 with OWP and also extended my stay. Since my passport was gonna expire in april, they extended my visa to March 31. Since that date is fast approaching, do I have to apply for another extension?

Thanks so much in advance.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Asta said:
did u get AIP already? if so, u can apply for open work permit right away. and then u wouldnt need to extend ur visa anymore.
if u didnt receive AIP yet, i would advise u to wait for it, and after receiving it apply right away.

i didnt apply for OWP with my application (mistake!). i applied for stay extension, i asked for 6 months but they extended for 1 year.then when i got AIP, i applied for OWP and received it after a month. and after 2.5 months i got landed.
Thanks for the reply. NO i didnt got the AIP yet and im still waiting its been a month now since i got my CSQ in quebec . Anyway for OWP does it has expiration too like the visitors visa? I was thinking of applying for OWP once i got my AIP and hopefully I can have it sooner. ;)

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!
I just have some questions for you. im going to explain my situation so you can advise me.

I have a student status here in Canada. It will expire on may 24th.
I got married here and my PR appication (along with OWP) was received on may 27th, 2010.
I got my CSQ march 8th.

Today I talked to somebody who want to hire me, but since it is not legal to work in Canada as a student and i didnt receive AIP or OWP and i dont know how long it will take... I dont know what to do.
the employer told me that i should just go to "service canada" and tell them i got a job offer and they would help me get a SIN and a permit "fast".

1.Is this true?
2. would it be wise to do it, since my AIP its supposed to be issued soon (hopefully)

I really dont know what to do :(

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
coldgirl said:
I have a question, and was wondering if someone can help me. I applied back in November 2010 with OWP and also extended my stay. Since my passport was gonna expire in april, they extended my visa to March 31. Since that date is fast approaching, do I have to apply for another extension?

Hi! If you dont have the OWP yet, then you have to apply for your extension right away . You must apply for your extension ONE MONTH BEFORE YOUR EXPIRATION DATE.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
coldgirl said:

You need to renew your passport first before you can apply for extension. They will not extend your visa if your passport is expired. Also you will need a valid passport for landing as well.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
PUZZLED said:
Thanks for the reply. NO i didnt got the AIP yet and im still waiting its been a month now since i got my CSQ in quebec . Anyway for OWP does it has expiration too like the visitors visa? I was thinking of applying for OWP once i got my AIP and hopefully I can have it sooner. ;)
yes it does have an expiration date. mine was for 1 year. good luck!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Cmilo said:
Hi everyone!
I just have some questions for you. im going to explain my situation so you can advise me.

I got married here and my PR appication (along with OWP) was received on may 27th, 2010.
I got my CSQ march 8th.

Today I talked to somebody who want to hire me, but since it is not legal to work in Canada as a student and i didnt receive AIP or OWP and i dont know how long it will take... I dont know what to do.
the employer told me that i should just go to "service canada" and tell them i got a job offer and they would help me get a SIN and a permit "fast".

1.Is this true?
2. would it be wise to do it, since my AIP its supposed to be issued soon (hopefully)

maybe this will help:

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/work_permits.shtml

i know that employer has to help u to get work permit.

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asta said:
maybe this will help:

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/work_permits.shtml

i know that employer has to help u to get work permit.
Thank you! Im in a sort of a dilema here... i dont know if i should wait for my OWP since i already applied along with my PR application...
I mean its still 150$ more... that i might be wasting, due to the processing time and so on...

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
adzees said:
Yes it does have an expiry date. But with an open work permit you are eligible for work anywhere in Canada, and you will also be eligible for Provincial Health Care. Plus you can have a Driving License too. So it is worth it to spend extra $75.
Thanks I really appreciate it , but first I should wait for my AIP before i can apply for my OWP . Im living in MONTREAL their requirements and processing time is not the same. :)

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Love_Young said:
Well PUZZLED, you have to think on it this way. With a work permit you get more privilege than just visitor status.
I read in a manual that it depends on how long they think it might take to finish the rest of the processing for the application.
It is usually issued for 1 year sometimes for 2 years.
Hi! Yes you got a point there, like i dont really have any idea how long the processing will take ::) but i still have'nt got my AIP yet its been a month since i got the CSQ and im still waiting .... ??? Once i got the AIP i will definitely apply for OWP as it gave me so much advantage than being on a visitors status. Thanks!!! Hope is well on your side ;)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Cmilo said:
Hi everyone!

I got my CSQ march 8th.

1.Is this true?

That guy has no idea what he is talking about. Service Canada can't help anyone get a permit. They can issue a SIN but only if you already have a work permit or PR. Could he seriously not be willing to wait to hire you after a couple of more weeks of waiting? If he is really interested in hiring you, he would wait. That is just my 2 cents though.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Hey Inlanders

Quick question, do you think it is appropriate to order FOSS notes? I applied in September of 2010, would I actually find useful information in the 100 page document? Also, what is the contact info if I do decide to order them.

Thanks for the advice.