App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Hello.. we sent everything together, OWP to change status and for work permit, Police Clearance from my husband's country, Medical Exams receipt, many have done so to speed up the process., because it add three months to your waiting time, each time CIC request information.

Ciao

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
nazam80, you can only apply for a work permit with your application and it will take about 10 months to get approved. Until then you cannot work. You can also try to get an LMO (Labor Market Opinion) if you have a job offer.

nazam80 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am here in Canada as a visitor visa. I have another 6 months visitor visa. My Wife is Canadian and we moved from UK to here. We are going to apply from Canada in country. So could anyone tell me that once we applied for the first stage, while waiting for the approval can i apply for work permit?

Naz
nazam80, you can only apply for a work permit with your application and it will take about 10 months to get approved. Until then you cannot work. You can also try to get an LMO (Labor Market Opinion) if you have a job offer.

nazam80 said:
Hi Everyone,

Can someone please tell me whether i need to attach police clearance Certificate from Canada or Not with my application??

Plz can someone reply as i need to gather all the documents and apply as soon as possible.

Naz
My husband is the applicant and he did his fingerprints and attached a police certificate from Canada. We wanted to make sure we had everything but I know that some people did not do it and it was not requested of them. If I were you I would do it. It only costs us $75 and it is worth it because if they ask for more information then you end up waiting longer.

yumamy said:
yes, i have client id number, i already checked my e-cas...
they wrote...(We received your application for permanent residence on May 2, 2011.---- We started processing your application on May 11, 2011.)

sorry, what does it mean AIP ?
AIP means Approved In Principle. That is what you get after 1st stage approval.

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazam80 said:
Hi Everyone,

Can someone please tell me whether i need to attach police clearance Certificate from Canada or Not with my application??

Plz can someone reply as i need to gather all the documents and apply as soon as possible.

Naz
NO. they will do the background check themselves. save your money and only submit what's on the list. i just got approve last friday. the only police certificate you have to submit is if you stayed in another country other than canada for more than 6 months. only YOU. this does not apply to your sponsor.

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So i received a letter from CIC today, dated July 4, asking for a client history update form, they are basically asking my addresses, employment status, organizations i belong and educational background from the date i landed in canada up to today, has anyone received something like this? i hope this means that they are already working on my file.

And oh i am in Vancouver by the way :)

yumamy

Jul 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2-2011
whiteapple said:
NO. they will do the background check themselves. save your money and only submit what's on the list. i just got approve last friday. the only police certificate you have to submit is if you stayed in another country other than canada for more than 6 months. only YOU. this does not apply to your sponsor.
congratulations... it took 9 months..

so what will be second step... ??
you will apply open work visa?? or what will be...

Heidyincnd

May 25, 2011
Woodbridge Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
1 May 2012
File Transfer...
12 Sept 2012
Med's Request
Waived
Med's Done....
25 May 2011
Interview........
5 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Waived
LANDED..........
5 Oct 2012
ryan_stw said:
So i received a letter from CIC today, dated July 4, asking for a client history update form, they are basically asking my addresses, employment status, organizations i belong and educational background from the date i landed in canada up to today, has anyone received something like this? i hope this means that they are already working on my file.

And oh i am in Vancouver by the way :)
Hi,

Congrats you for this good news. I sent my application on 22 June and CIC received on 23 June but until now I still heard nothing from them. What I was wondering is why people in this forum got a very short time counting from time they sent the appl. till their application in process but not mine. Do you think mine has something wrong?
I hate waiting feeling....
Good luck

ryan_stw

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heidyincnd said:
Hi,

Congrats you for this good news. I sent my application on 22 June and CIC received on 23 June but until now I still heard nothing from them. What I was wondering is why people in this forum got a very short time counting from time they sent the appl. till their application in process but not mine. Do you think mine has something wrong?
I hate waiting feeling....
Good luck
Thanks. You shouldn't be too far away, based on the the current timelines, they open the envelope (meaning in-process) around 3 weeks from the time application was received, since they got yours on june 23, it should be on process by this week, try calling cic and ask for status and client number if you dont have it yet.

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I have a quick question:

How long it takes to get your OWP (open work permit)?

PS: i have sent my OWP and my PR together

Thank you!

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone, another new face on the forums :D we just sent our paperwork and it was received on july 11th by T.TYLER. Let the good times role!!! 8)

Heidyincnd

May 25, 2011
Woodbridge Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
1 May 2012
File Transfer...
12 Sept 2012
Med's Request
Waived
Med's Done....
25 May 2011
Interview........
5 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Waived
LANDED..........
5 Oct 2012
ryan_stw said:
Thanks. You shouldn't be too far away, based on the the current timelines, they open the envelope (meaning in-process) around 3 weeks from the time application was received, since they got yours on june 23, it should be on process by this week, try calling cic and ask for status and client number if you dont have it yet.
Thanks a lot for your advice, I will call them by end of this week.

Good luck and keep smiling always
Cheers,

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Welcome Sluma. You have to promise us that you are not gonna jump ship and leave us here. You have to promise to give us your updates all the way until the end.

(Currently taking 9-10 months from date app was received to hear by CIC about AIP)

Now approving apps received on or after Sept.25, 2010 - 7 day jump

Name Application Received In Process Decision Made AIP Total TimeforAIP PR/LANDED

Dominican22 Jan.12 Feb.23

fleo Jan.24

sesamerush Jan.27 Mar.8

newcanuck Jan.31 Mar.9

dorina Feb.3 Mar.10

Canadagirl85 Mar.14 Apr.8

missha Mar.18 Apr.12

jadarius Mar.22

citlali2010 Mar.28 Apr.19

gemauru Mar.30 Apr.18

angtao Mar.31 Apr.19

chau01 May 2 May 11

Yumamy May 2 May 11

ryan_stw May 3 May 18

canadiancitizen May 9 May 24

Valhalla May 12 May 26

Lordsloman May 17

Berber_amazigh May 18 May 30

Heidtincnd June 24

Weerth July 8

Sluma July 11

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Yumamy, whiteapple has been approved for both stages at the same time. Some people get 1st and second stage approval at the same time and others get AIP and have to wait for 2nd stage which they check for Medical, security, background checks and other verifications for person being sponsored. This can take up to 0 months for the 2nd stage but it is usually done fairly quickly after AIP for some people.

Heidi, you won't hear anything from CIC until AIP unless they request more or missing information from you. To find out your client id number you can look at an old visitor extension or call CIC and they can give it to you once your file is in process. Try calling them tomorrow.

Berber, an open work permit takes about 9-10 months. If you applied for an OWP permit then you will get it with AIP.

ryan, that is normal for them to request more info if something is not clear or is missing. Plus, once your file is in process they look at it from time to time. Every time they work on your file they put a BFD (bring forward date) on it and work on them periodically.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi

Can someone tell me that if I obtain LMO for work permit while I am visitor here and my pr application is in progress, can I apply for work permit for that LMO. I might get an offer for teacher post. I know normally you ve to apply out of country for work permit.

Naz

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yumamy said:
congratulations... it took 9 months..

so what will be second step... ??
you will apply open work visa?? or what will be...
yes angtao is right. 2nd step will be background checks, etc. i submitted my application for open work permit together with my application for PR. So i got my work permit when i got approved for 1st stage. but only after 2 days, i got approved for stage 2... i'm just waiting for the landing date.

sluma

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Welcome Sluma. You have to promise us that you are not gonna jump ship and leave us here. You have to promise to give us your updates all the way until the end.

(Currently taking 9-10 months from date app was received to hear by CIC about AIP)

Now approving apps received on or after Sept.25, 2010 - 7 day jump

Name Application Received In Process Decision Made AIP Total TimeforAIP PR/LANDED

Dominican22 Jan.12 Feb.23

fleo Jan.24

sesamerush Jan.27 Mar.8

newcanuck Jan.31 Mar.9

dorina Feb.3 Mar.10

Canadagirl85 Mar.14 Apr.8

missha Mar.18 Apr.12

jadarius Mar.22

citlali2010 Mar.28 Apr.19

gemauru Mar.30 Apr.18

angtao Mar.31 Apr.19

chau01 May 2 May 11