Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hi Kamiro,

Did you apply inland?

GARRY1984

Jul 17, 2011
hi all of u guys. i m new here in this forum. can anyone help me to give some idea regarding my inland spouse sponsorship application.
i m sponsored by my wife in nov 2010. exlpaining you--my wife is new immigrant in june 2010. i meet her in work place and we fell. in love each other. and got married in nov 2010.in between that my work permit going to expire in end of nov 2010. but i have an positive lmo.i sent all the applications (spouse,owp,lmo for renew )etc. In june 2010 i got my work permit which i have sent with an lmo. Now my question is that can cic send me an OWP .is their any problem with my case as they think .i m married and just applied for pr as my old work permit going to expire between that>. thanks for ur reply.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me please if we apply OWP, Extension of visitor visa along with PR, Will they send the Visitor permit or ask for passport to put the sticker on it for visitor visa?

Naz

weerth

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
21-05-2013
Hey all,

I have a tricky question, don´t know if is there an answer for that.

I sent 2 envelopes, one with my sponsor´s information/forms and another one with mine. My request for a work permit (with the first stage approval) was in the second envelope.

Now, I´ve heard that for the first stage, they only analyze the sponsor information. Is it true? Will they open my envelope and check my request for the OWP as well?

Gosh, all this process is really mind blowing...

Thanks!

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
weerth said:
Hey all,

I sent 2 envelopes, one with my sponsor´s information/forms and another one with mine. My request for a work permit (with the first stage approval) was in the second envelope.

Now, I´ve heard that for the first stage, they only analyze the sponsor information. Is it true? Will they open my envelope and check my request for the OWP as well?

Thanks!
HI, I believe that after First Stage Approval they issue the OWP if they will take more time for the applicant, Otherwise they send the approval with the first stage.

Good luck and praying for everyone.

Naz

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
weerth said:
Hey all,

Thanks!
Hello... I sent mine all together, sponsor, applicant and OWP... and is in process, however, We insert as a first document, a letter listing all the attchement documentation.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
So finally the Status has changed to 'Complete'

We received your application for permanent residence on January 15, 2010.

We started processing your application on March 23, 2010.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on January 28, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you a letter on June 13, 2011 to , Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

You entered Canada at the Edmonton, Citizenship & Immigration office on July 14, 2011 and became a Permanent Resident.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
adzees said:
So finally the Status has changed to 'Complete'

We received your application for permanent residence on January 15, 2010.

We started processing your application on March 23, 2010.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on January 28, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you a letter on June 13, 2011 to , Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

You entered Canada at the Edmonton, Citizenship & Immigration office on July 14, 2011 and became a Permanent Resident.

Hi adzees,

First of all i would like to congratulate you on your success. Your process took 18 months. Could you please tell me how long it took in your case for the stage1? did you get OWP after stage 1? and the most important how did you passed your time in those terrible 18 months?

Your reply will be really appreciated.

Naz

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Hi Naz,

Actually i had the post graduate open work permit even before applying for Permament Residency. I got my first stage approval exactly after 9 months but unfortunately they lost my medicals and that could have a possible impact on my application processing time for the second stage. Sincr i had the work permit so i do not have to worry about medical insurance or driving license becausr i ha every thing before getting PR status. We even bought the house even before i got the PR status and i work full time. So it was over all not a terrible time for me because i was working and doing every thing like every other person in canada :)

nazam80 said:
Hi adzees,

First of all i would like to congratulate you on your success. Your process took 18 months. Could you please tell me how long it took in your case for the stage1? did you get OWP after stage 1? and the most important how did you passed your time in those terrible 18 months?

Your reply will be really appreciated.

Naz

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
adzees said:
Hi Naz,

Actually i had the post graduate open work permit even before applying for Permament Residency. I got my first stage approval exactly after 9 months but unfortunately they lost my medicals and that could have a possible impact on my application processing time for the second stage. Sincr i had the work permit so i do not have to worry about medical insurance or driving license becausr i ha every thing before getting PR status. We even bought the house even before i got the PR status and i work full time. So it was over all not a terrible time for me because i was working and doing every thing like every other person in canada :)
Thanks for ur reply. I am in Canada on visit visa with my wife. I was in Uk before. by profession I am teacher. I m registered teacher with BCCT(BC college of teachers). If I get an offer for the job is it possible to get work permit from incountey as I dnt want to apply from outside. Plz guide me how can I obtain owp any another way to work as it would be very difficult to sit here without work.

I will appreciate ur reply.

Naz

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Yes if you gets a job you can always apply for a work permit within canada through Vegreville. Although your employe may need to get a LMO (labour market opinion) before you can apply for a work permit.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
adzees said:
Yes if you gets a job you can always apply for a work permit within canada through Vegreville. Although your employe may need to get a LMO (labour market opinion) before you can apply for a work permit.
Hi Adzees

Can you apply if your PR is on going and you are visiting here? I have told by someone that you have to leave Canada and apply from outside which i dont want to do.

What is the procedure to get Postgraduate open work permit. Sorry if i am asking too many questions.

Naz

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
ryan_stw said:
So i received a letter from CIC today, dated July 4, asking for a client history update form, they are basically asking my addresses, employment status, organizations i belong and educational background from the date i landed in canada up to today, has anyone received something like this? i hope this means that they are already working on my file.

And oh i am in Vancouver by the way :)

Hey we got the EXACT same thing... Ours was dated June 23rd. When I checked cease I noticed they didn't input our apt number so I updated that. I thought maybe just us got that letter cause I updated the address:s any news as to why you got this I'm a bit curious now if anyone else got this letter.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Welcome abozzy. You have to promise us that you will update us until the end. LOL

(Currently taking 9-10 months from date app was received to hear by CIC about AIP)

Now approving apps received on or after Sept.25, 2010 - 7 day jump

Name Application Received In Process Decision Made AIP Total TimeforAIP PR/LANDED

Dominican22 Jan.12 Feb.23

fleo Jan.24

sesamerush Jan.27 Mar.8

newcanuck Jan.31 Mar.9

dorina Feb.3 Mar.10

Canadagirl85 Mar.14 Apr.8

missha Mar.18 Apr.12

jadarius Mar.22

citlali2010 Mar.28 Apr.19

gemauru Mar.30 Apr.18

angtao Mar.31 Apr.19

chau01 May 2 May 11