+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

mmohann1204

Jul 24, 2024
Yes, I collected it from Toronto BLS on Thursday
Oh great, also My passport is in Printed status since Aug 1 in passport seva portal. And In bls still it shows as processing at consulate general. How long it takes to get my passport to bls Brampton. I got an emergency travel to India on Aug 16. Any luck will I get it before my travel?

ssi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
Oh great, also My passport is in Printed status since Aug 1 in passport seva portal. And In bls still it shows as processing at consulate general. How long it takes to get my passport to bls Brampton. I got an emergency travel to India on Aug 16. Any luck will I get it before my travel?
If your passport's status in BLS changes to "In Transit from CG to BLS", by today or tomorrow you will get it by next Wednesday or Thursday.

Oct 16, 2023
I got my passport after 5 weeks but it's validity is only for 2 years, does anybody got their passport recently and how many years it's valid for?

junkie608

Jul 31, 2024
Just received my passport today. My entire timeline for anyone looking for Toronto Appointments' current processing time:

1. Application Submitted: 24th Jun
2. Under Process: 24th Jun
3. In transit from BLS to Consulate: 24th Jun
4. Processing at Consulate: 25th Jun
5. Fees Received; under review at Embassy: 25th Jun (File no. didn't display; got it through inspect mode 10 days later)
6. Print Initiated: 11th July (Police verification skipped; probably because I got a PCC recently)
7. Printed: 31st July
8. In transit to BLS: 6th Aug
9. Ready for Dispatch/Purolator picked up: 7th Aug
10. Received: 8th Aug

The entire process took 45 days!

Last edited:
Reactions: iPunjabi

Randhawa06

Jul 24, 2024
Please help me by replying my message
When I am tracking my passport it shows print initiated from 1st of August. When should I expect my passport back. Any way that I can get my passport earlier because it’s urgent

junkie608

Jul 31, 2024
Please help me by replying my message
When I am tracking my passport it shows print initiated from 1st of August. When should I expect my passport back. Any way that I can get my passport earlier because it’s urgent
It took me 20 days for the passport to be printed since print initiated stage and I saw other responses as well mentioning a similar timeline so perhaps around 20th to 25th of August you should move to next stage

Reactions: Randhawa06

PK_26Aug

Aug 12, 2024
Hi All,

I submitted my passport renewal application online on 19th July and opted for postal service. The current status shows "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate". How long more does it takes to complete all process and get the new passport in Hand. I have to travel to India during 1st week of October.

junkie608

Jul 31, 2024
Hi All,

I submitted my passport renewal application online on 19th July and opted for postal service. The current status shows "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate". How long more does it takes to complete all process and get the new passport in Hand. I have to travel to India during 1st week of October.
Around 6 weeks without the police clearance; up to 8 if police verification is needed

junkie608

Jul 31, 2024
If by mid week of Sep I don't get the passport. Is there a process to contact Consulate to get my old passport?
From what I've heard they're really not good at responding to efforts of contact and that's really sad. But Sep mid is more than a month from now and if your application has started to process, chances are you'd get it by then!

harpa

May 8, 2024
Hi experts, I need your suggestions for the below scenario, I am a PR holder. I am planning to move to Barrie at the end of October, but I have an appointment at BLS on September 16th. I have address proof for both Scarborough(utilities bill) and Barrie(rental agreement). In this situation, should I use the Barrie address or the Scarborough address? Additionally, can someone please tell me if I can apply for passport renewal in person at BLS office, Toronto (Victoria Park) with my Barrie address? After the passport is printed, will they courier it to me, or will I have the option to collect it from somewhere? Appreciate your suggestions.

ssi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
Hi experts, I need your suggestions for the below scenario, I am a PR holder. I am planning to move to Barrie at the end of October, but I have an appointment at BLS on September 16th. I have address proof for both Scarborough(utilities bill) and Barrie(rental agreement). In this situation, should I use the Barrie address or the Scarborough address? Additionally, can someone please tell me if I can apply for passport renewal in person at BLS office, Toronto (Victoria Park) with my Barrie address? After the passport is printed, will they courier it to me, or will I have the option to collect it from somewhere? Appreciate your suggestions.
It all depends on what address you want on your passport. If you want the scarborough address, you can give that in the application and for mailing you can give your barrie address.