+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Randhawa06

Jul 24, 2024
I’m permanent resident in canada and I applied renewal of my Indian expired passport on 10 July as I have change in appearance. Any idea when I will get my passport as it shows processing at consulate general from 12 July

zeel1999

May 7, 2022
Hello, i made passport renewal application few days ago in brampton. I filled out all info correctly however i just saw that the last name on the receipt is having a typo. Will this create an issue? Do i have to make application again?

mmohann1204

Jul 24, 2024
HI I have applied (By Appointment) for Passport Renewal(Change in Marital Status, Addition of spouse name and adding Canadian address) in BLS Brampton. Initially I created a file in the passport seva, but the advisor in BLS said information in the file has to be updated as it has some wrong information.
So they asked me to pay premium service so they can refill my application and apply. They have created a new application in passport seva but not on my login, they used theirs.
And advise me to use the https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/track-application.php this link to track my application. But i cant use any passport seva site to track my application as BLS used their profile to create my application.

Time Line :

June 21 - Submitted the application at BLS Brampton.
June 21 - Processing at Consulate (In BLS tracking site)
July 10 - Received email about my Passport verification request has sent to the Police dept in my district with the file number ( still Processing at Consulate (In BLS tracking site) )
July 16 - Our district Police station confirmed that PV over and replied through online by 2;00PM Processing at Consulate (In BLS tracking site)
Still no update yet.

Trying to contact BLS through their number also submitting the request on the Contact us page but no luck.

I need my passport by Aug 15, got an family emergency and have to take flight on Aug 16

Any luck will i get my passport before the date? also any other way to contact BLS to get update on my profile?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

ssi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
HI I have applied (By Appointment) for Passport Renewal(Change in Marital Status, Addition of spouse name and adding Canadian address) in BLS Brampton. Initially I created a file in the passport seva, but the advisor in BLS said information in the file has to be updated as it has some wrong information.
So they asked me to pay premium service so they can refill my application and apply. They have created a new application in passport seva but not on my login, they used theirs.
And advise me to use the https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/track-application.php this link to track my application. But i cant use any passport seva site to track my application as BLS used their profile to create my application.

Time Line :

June 21 - Submitted the application at BLS Brampton.
June 21 - Processing at Consulate (In BLS tracking site)
July 10 - Received email about my Passport verification request has sent to the Police dept in my district with the file number ( still Processing at Consulate (In BLS tracking site) )
July 16 - Our district Police station confirmed that PV over and replied through online by 2;00PM Processing at Consulate (In BLS tracking site)
Still no update yet.

Trying to contact BLS through their number also submitting the request on the Contact us page but no luck.

I need my passport by Aug 15, got an family emergency and have to take flight on Aug 16

Any luck will i get my passport before the date? also any other way to contact BLS to get update on my profile?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi, I applied on June 19th and see the status changed in BLS website to "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre" last Tuesday and see no further progress. Can you let me know your status?

mmohann1204

Jul 24, 2024
Hi

In Bls still it says Processing at Consulate General and no update yet.

Also I tried to check the status on passport seva and it shows as Print has been initiated for passport.

Not sure how long it’ll take.

Also in your case try to call BLS and ask if you can come and pick up the passport if it says consulate to BLS

Ashu27

Mar 27, 2024
Hello all,
I have Canadian Permanent residency, my Indian passport is set to expire in August next year. I am going to India in September and thinking of renewing it there. Should I renew it in India or from BLS Toronto/ Brampton?
Please share your experience if any of you have done this lately.
Thanks in advance.

ssi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
Hello all,
I have Canadian Permanent residency, my Indian passport is set to expire in August next year. I am going to India in September and thinking of renewing it there. Should I renew it in India or from BLS Toronto/ Brampton?
Please share your experience if any of you have done this lately.
Thanks in advance.
If you dont have any changes in passport details, please renew it from India. You will get in a single day.

Reactions: Ashu27

Ashu27

Mar 27, 2024
If you dont have any changes in passport details, please renew it from India. You will get in a single day.
Thanks. What if I have some changes like address change, name change etc. I can wait 4 weeks for passport as well?
Also do I need to inform IRCC for new Passport #.

ssi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
Thanks. What if I have some changes like address change, name change etc. I can wait 4 weeks for passport as well?
Also do I need to inform IRCC for new Passport #.
Depends on the profile, if you are there for atleast 4 weeks, you can renew it there. It will cost just 1500 rupees compared to 200 dollars you will spend here. Also, if you are a PR, you need not update ircc on passport change

Reactions: Ashu27

cloudwarrior

Jul 29, 2024
I submitted my application today for passport renewal from BLS Winnipeg on normal mode. Added spouse name, added canadian address, No change in Indian address.
Will there be police verification?

Ashu27

Mar 27, 2024
Depends on the profile, if you are there for atleast 4 weeks, you can renew it there. It will cost just 1500 rupees compared to 200 dollars you will spend here. Also, if you are a PR, you need not update ircc on passport change
My wife is changing her name on her passport. Does she need to update the PR Card as well. She will be going to India to re-new her passport. Is there going to be any problem when she comes back to Canada with her name changed on her new Passport?

Feb 16, 2023
Hii,
I’m applying for passport renewal next week.
Did anybody who is a PR used Indian address to print on passport?
Is it Mandatory to use Canadian address or is it okay to use Indian address as well?

Please share your experiences.

ssi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
Hii,
I’m applying for passport renewal next week.
Did anybody who is a PR used Indian address to print on passport?
Is it Mandatory to use Canadian address or is it okay to use Indian address as well?

Please share your experiences.
Absolutely mandatory to use Canadian address in printed address. You must provide Indian address in Other Address.