+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Manasanitin

Jul 30, 2024
For those who are wondering why the status is "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" for too long. Sometimes there might be some updates on the application but the status on passport.gov.in website doesn't reflect it.

To know the exact status of the application there is a workaround. Please follow the steps below

These steps might be difficult to follow for some but it might help some web developers/software engineers out there who might find it a little easier to follow than others.

1. Go to https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
2. Right click on the page and click on inspect from the menu
3. There will be browser related developer tools which will open adjust the height of developer tools so that you will be able to click on Track status dialog
4. Click on the Track status dialog and fill out the information regarding your application and click Track application status button
5. Now in the browser developer tools you can see network tab which is basically 4th option in chrome click on it
6. Now you can see a service call that is made with name trackStatusForFileNoNew click on it and this service returns a response which contains all the status updates on your application
7. If you scroll through the service response you will be able to see statusMap -> StatusId object when you click on it it will again return a list of all updates on your application and who performed that action and on what date it is updated.

I applied in BLS Ottawa and my status updates gave all the information. I even knew my passport number and the tracking number of the courier for the passport that has been printed in Delhi and dispatched to Ottawa. Using that tracking number I was able to find out that they have dispatched it through DHL Express and was able to track when it is delivered to HCI Ottawa.

I used aftership to know the name of courier through which my passport is dispatched from new delhi and to follow the status updates of delivery https://www.aftership.com/track

Once it is delivered I called the HCI Ottawa and requested them if I can pick up my passport in person as I had my flight in two days after it was delivered to HCI. Luckily I got my passport just in time before my travel date. I know it is stupid to book the tickets in advance but I didn't realize that the passport renewal process is so slow especially in BLS Ottawa.

Normally HCI dispatches the passport to BLS Ottawa after a week once they receive it and BLS Ottawa takes 1 or 2 days to dispatch it to applicant via Purolator.

My status updates on backend:

EVENT_DESCEMP_ACTIONSTATUS_DESC
1Passport Number XXXXXX dispatched through International Post/Courier with tracking no XXXXXXXX to issuing Mission/Post.Passport sent by CPPF to Issuing Mission/PostPassport sent by CPPF to Issuing RPO
2QC Accepted and Dispatch Initiated: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalDispatch InitiatedDispatch Initiated
3Printed: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalPrintedPrinted
4nullPrint InitiatedPrint Initiated
5PVR for XXXXXXXXX-PPF-CA is Approved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceApproved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceSubmitted
6PV InitiatedPV Initiated
7Granting Status Set as 'Clear'ClearApplication Granted on pre police verification basis
8Sent To GoGranting Initiated
9nullApplication Form UpdatedSubmitted
10Grant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to CSE
11Sent To GoGranting Initiated
12nullApplication Form SubmittedSubmitted
Hi @TrueIndian . Thank you for your detailed info and the link to track. I got it very useful to track my passport renewal status.
Just wanted to know few more things. My passport is at the stage " Printing Initiated" on July 27. I know it takes 1 more month to reach me. Meanwhile, once printing is completed new passport # is shown in this tracking tool right. I have seen it. Now, is there any way to know the expiry dates and issued date before we receive the passport in hand ? Please let me know.

I am in hurry to apply for TRV to travel India. I left with 2 months to my travel date. I need TRV to enter back after my short vacation. Thought of applying for TRV as soon as i get to know my passport # and details and thinking not to wait for the passport hard copy to reach me.

I request your valuable suggestions here please. And need one more info like : I am currently on Open work permit, I am yet to apply for Inland spousal sponsored dependent PR. My e-stamp got expired in April 2024 itself. I have valid Open WP visa till dec 2024. Am i eligible to apply for e-stamping ? If so, how long will it take to process? Is there any fastest way to get it.

please let me know if you have any idea on it.

Thanks in Advance :)
Take care.

Manasanitin

Jul 30, 2024
Hii,
I’m applying for passport renewal next week.
Did anybody who is a PR used Indian address to print on passport?
Is it Mandatory to use Canadian address or is it okay to use Indian address as well?

Please share your experiences.
Hi, I remember me and my husband had same question while applying for passport renewal. My husband is PR and I am not yet. In BLS center they said like : If you are on a PR, Canadian address is mandatory. if you are not on PR like WP, we have options to choose Indian/Canadian address as printable address.

ssi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
Did anyone receive their passport since last week? My passport is in printed state since July 20th.

harpa

May 8, 2024
Hi everyone, can someone please tell what is the best way of apply for Passport renewal from Toronto? in person at BLS office with appointment or through courier. I am a PR holder. Thanks in advance

ssi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
Hi everyone, can someone please tell what is the best way of apply for Passport renewal from Toronto? in person at BLS office with appointment or through courier. I am a PR holder. Thanks in advance
If you are confident that you wont make any mistakes in your application, you can send it via purolator. Or the easiest option is to visit them and submit the application. Note - you will have to call bls to send a purolator label.

Last edited:

harpa

May 8, 2024
If you are confident that you wont make any mistakes in your application, you can send it via purolator. Or the easiest option is to visit them and submit the application. Note - you will have to call bls to send a purolator label.
Thank you

zeel1999

May 7, 2022
Hello everyone, how to track application using file number. Mine was generated today and application date is 17 july

mmohann1204

Jul 24, 2024
Hi My passport is in Printed status since Aug 1 in passport seva portal. And In bls still it shows as processing at consulate general. How long it takes to get my passport to bls Brampton. I got an emergency travel to India on Aug 16. Any luck will I get it before my travel?