+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

roopan06

Feb 15, 2024
For those who are wondering why the status is "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" for too long. Sometimes there might be some updates on the application but the status on passport.gov.in website doesn't reflect it.

To know the exact status of the application there is a workaround. Please follow the steps below

These steps might be difficult to follow for some but it might help some web developers/software engineers out there who might find it a little easier to follow than others.

1. Go to https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
2. Right click on the page and click on inspect from the menu
3. There will be browser related developer tools which will open adjust the height of developer tools so that you will be able to click on Track status dialog
4. Click on the Track status dialog and fill out the information regarding your application and click Track application status button
5. Now in the browser developer tools you can see network tab which is basically 4th option in chrome click on it
6. Now you can see a service call that is made with name trackStatusForFileNoNew click on it and this service returns a response which contains all the status updates on your application
7. If you scroll through the service response you will be able to see statusMap -> StatusId object when you click on it it will again return a list of all updates on your application and who performed that action and on what date it is updated.

I applied in BLS Ottawa and my status updates gave all the information. I even knew my passport number and the tracking number of the courier for the passport that has been printed in Delhi and dispatched to Ottawa. Using that tracking number I was able to find out that they have dispatched it through DHL Express and was able to track when it is delivered to HCI Ottawa.

I used aftership to know the name of courier through which my passport is dispatched from new delhi and to follow the status updates of delivery https://www.aftership.com/track

Once it is delivered I called the HCI Ottawa and requested them if I can pick up my passport in person as I had my flight in two days after it was delivered to HCI. Luckily I got my passport just in time before my travel date. I know it is stupid to book the tickets in advance but I didn't realize that the passport renewal process is so slow especially in BLS Ottawa.

Normally HCI dispatches the passport to BLS Ottawa after a week once they receive it and BLS Ottawa takes 1 or 2 days to dispatch it to applicant via Purolator.

My status updates on backend:

EVENT_DESCEMP_ACTIONSTATUS_DESC
1Passport Number XXXXXX dispatched through International Post/Courier with tracking no XXXXXXXX to issuing Mission/Post.Passport sent by CPPF to Issuing Mission/PostPassport sent by CPPF to Issuing RPO
2QC Accepted and Dispatch Initiated: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalDispatch InitiatedDispatch Initiated
3Printed: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalPrintedPrinted
4nullPrint InitiatedPrint Initiated
5PVR for XXXXXXXXX-PPF-CA is Approved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceApproved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceSubmitted
6PV InitiatedPV Initiated
7Granting Status Set as 'Clear'ClearApplication Granted on pre police verification basis
8Sent To GoGranting Initiated
9nullApplication Form UpdatedSubmitted
10Grant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to CSE
11Sent To GoGranting Initiated
12nullApplication Form SubmittedSubmitted

Thank you so much for this!!! Appreciate it.

Reactions: ssvsh95

adacanada007

Jun 26, 2024
Just received my passport today. My entire timeline for anyone looking for Toronto Appointments' current processing time:

1. Application Submitted: 24th Jun
2. Under Process: 24th Jun
3. In transit from BLS to Consulate: 24th Jun
4. Processing at Consulate: 25th Jun
5. Fees Received; under review at Embassy: 25th Jun (File no. didn't display; got it through inspect mode 10 days later)
6. Print Initiated: 11th July (Police verification skipped; probably because I got a PCC recently)
7. Printed: 31st July
8. In transit to BLS: 6th Aug
9. Ready for Dispatch/Purolator picked up: 7th Aug
10. Received: 8th Aug

The entire process took 45 days!

Hi , I applied for Passport recently and i did my PCC just before a month . Did you contacted consulate to let them know of that you did PCC or they didn't initiate your PV on their own .

ssvsh95

Aug 29, 2024
Can someone inform whether the renewal of passport is taking more time in Vancouver.Appliedon 20.08.2024 at BLS Vancouver but
status is 'processing at Indian //embassy/consulate".

MS201812

Jun 10, 2018
Does anyone know if BLS updates the tracking information with the Purolator tracking number or not? My status on BLS tracking says "dispatched via courier" but there is no tracking number. This status update happened today.

MS201812

Jun 10, 2018
Does anyone know if BLS updates the tracking information with the Purolator tracking number or not? My status on BLS tracking says "dispatched via courier" but there is no tracking number. This status update happened today.
Got my passport today so they never sent me any tracking information!

mjsg1001

Sep 12, 2024
Can someone inform whether the renewal of passport is taking more time in Vancouver.Appliedon 20.08.2024 at BLS Vancouver but
status is 'processing at Indian //embassy/consulate".
Same here have applied for renewal on 21st-Aug from Vancouver and its still in status: "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. "

harshkey

Jun 22, 2009
For those who are wondering why the status is "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" for too long. Sometimes there might be some updates on the application but the status on passport.gov.in website doesn't reflect it.

To know the exact status of the application there is a workaround. Please follow the steps below

These steps might be difficult to follow for some but it might help some web developers/software engineers out there who might find it a little easier to follow than others.

1. Go to https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
2. Right click on the page and click on inspect from the menu
3. There will be browser related developer tools which will open adjust the height of developer tools so that you will be able to click on Track status dialog
4. Click on the Track status dialog and fill out the information regarding your application and click Track application status button
5. Now in the browser developer tools you can see network tab which is basically 4th option in chrome click on it
6. Now you can see a service call that is made with name trackStatusForFileNoNew click on it and this service returns a response which contains all the status updates on your application
7. If you scroll through the service response you will be able to see statusMap -> StatusId object when you click on it it will again return a list of all updates on your application and who performed that action and on what date it is updated.

I applied in BLS Ottawa and my status updates gave all the information. I even knew my passport number and the tracking number of the courier for the passport that has been printed in Delhi and dispatched to Ottawa. Using that tracking number I was able to find out that they have dispatched it through DHL Express and was able to track when it is delivered to HCI Ottawa.

I used aftership to know the name of courier through which my passport is dispatched from new delhi and to follow the status updates of delivery https://www.aftership.com/track

Once it is delivered I called the HCI Ottawa and requested them if I can pick up my passport in person as I had my flight in two days after it was delivered to HCI. Luckily I got my passport just in time before my travel date. I know it is stupid to book the tickets in advance but I didn't realize that the passport renewal process is so slow especially in BLS Ottawa.

Normally HCI dispatches the passport to BLS Ottawa after a week once they receive it and BLS Ottawa takes 1 or 2 days to dispatch it to applicant via Purolator.

My status updates on backend:

EVENT_DESCEMP_ACTIONSTATUS_DESC
1Passport Number XXXXXX dispatched through International Post/Courier with tracking no XXXXXXXX to issuing Mission/Post.Passport sent by CPPF to Issuing Mission/PostPassport sent by CPPF to Issuing RPO
2QC Accepted and Dispatch Initiated: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalDispatch InitiatedDispatch Initiated
3Printed: Passport No. XXXXXXXX of type Ordinary-NormalPrintedPrinted
4nullPrint InitiatedPrint Initiated
5PVR for XXXXXXXXX-PPF-CA is Approved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceApproved and Submitted as Clear by PoliceSubmitted
6PV InitiatedPV Initiated
7Granting Status Set as 'Clear'ClearApplication Granted on pre police verification basis
8Sent To GoGranting Initiated
9nullApplication Form UpdatedSubmitted
10Grant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to EOGrant On Hold Send to CSE
11Sent To GoGranting Initiated
12nullApplication Form SubmittedSubmitted
I cannot find the service call that is made with name trackStatusForFileNoNew in the network tab after following instructions. Could someone help me if this still works to find the latest update please?

roopan06

Feb 15, 2024
I cannot find the service call that is made with name trackStatusForFileNoNew in the network tab after following instructions. Could someone help me if this still works to find the latest update please?
Yes, it still works the same way. Under the Network Tab, there should be a column on the left named "Name". It lists various service names. Last in that list should be trackStatusForFileNoNew. Clicking on it will expand another dialog box on the right side, where you can find the relevant info under the Response tab.