Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Newbride said:
we met online dating in january 2013, we married June 2013 and application in August 2013. But sent many proofs of our chats on dating sites, emails, photos, moneygram reciepts, hotel reciepts when he visited my country, photos, e.t.c
So you got married after spending only 4 days together in person, and have an almost 20 year age gap? Wow unfortunately that is a major red flag, and no doubt the VO will be very suspicious of your application. Their thinking will be that you married an older Canadian simply to gain immigration status.

What country are you from?
Why did you not spend more time together in person before getting married?

Newbride

Feb 4, 2014
Rob_TO said:
So you got married after spending only 4 days together in person, and have an almost 20 year age gap? Wow unfortunately that is a major red flag, and no doubt the VO will be very suspicious of your application. Their thinking will be that you married an older Canadian simply to gain immigration status.

What country are you from?
Why did you not spend more time together in person before getting married?
During our online dating we shared quite alot and discussed many things about our past lives and many others. we would even skype, emails and call each other. We are so open to each other, he is the one who proposed when he came and i had anticipated it becuase we had been so close and in love. No, he stayed in my country (zambia) for 4 days, then later i went to his country (Burundi) where i stayed until we married (2weeks). He could not stay longer becuase of his job which is very tight in canada. He came back to visit me for 1 week and we travelled to Tanzania for a holiday.
For sure everything between us is so real and we plan a traditional party in December this year.

Leopold_31

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Guys could you tell me how my application looks from outside. I just wanna know should I expect an interview for my wife.

In summer 2011 I posted a personal ad in my home country Christian magazine
First letter she wrote to me was October 2011, just asking about Christian communities in Canada but we did not talk much
In august 2012 she was deleting her old emails and decided to look me up to see what I looked like (I did not post a picture with my ad). She found my profile on social media website and I had some pictures of traveling to her home country (I had no idea she was from there because when she wrote me she was living in another country, I just went there to visit family). She commented one of my photos (did not know who it was at first) and we casually started talking.
For half a year we were writing letters to each other as friends, we talked on Skype maybe twice a month.
Gradually we began to like each other and in March 2013 decided we should meet in summer. We started to talk more and more. Our talks became more personal and we started to Skype for many hours.
In July 2013 she moved back to her home country and I came for 3 weeks. We spent time together for 3 weeks, visiting her family, she met my family etc.
After I came back to Canada in a week I proposed because I felt I could not live without her and want to spend out lives together.
We married in November 2013
My parents, brothers came with me from Canada to attend the wedding. Her family traveled from another country to be there. We had a beautiful church wedding with about 30 people.
We are both same age, same religion, same language, same education. I think lookwise we are pretty close. We are late 20s never been married before, no kids.
My wife does not even want to come to Canada but of course CIC won't believe that.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Leopold_31 said:
Guys could you tell me how my application looks from outside. I just wanna know should I expect an interview for my wife.

First letter she wrote to me was October 2011, just asking about Christian communities in Canada but we did not talk much
In august 2012 she was deleting her old emails and decided to look me up to see what I looked like (I did not post a picture with my ad). She found my profile on social media website and I had some pictures of traveling to her home country (I had no idea she was from there because when she wrote me she was living in another country, I just went there to visit family). She commented one of my photos (did not know who it was at first) and we casually started talking.
For half a year we were writing letters to each other as friends, we talked on Skype maybe twice a month.
Gradually we began to like each other and in March 2013 decided we should meet in summer. We started to talk more and more. Our talks became more personal and we started to Skype for many hours.
In July 2013 she moved back to her home country and I came for 3 weeks. We spent time together for 3 weeks, visiting her family, she met my family etc.
After I came back to Canada in a week I proposed because I felt I could not live without her and want to spend out lives together.
My parents, brothers came with me from Canada to attend the wedding. Her family traveled from another country to be there. We had a beautiful church wedding with about 30 people.
We are both same age, same religion, same language, same education. I think lookwise we are pretty close. We are late 20s never been married before, no kids.
My wife does not even want to come to Canada but of course CIC won't believe that.
If she doesnt want to come to Canada, why apply?
You should be careful with your wording, especially in your application.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Leopold_31 said:

The fact that you have spent very little time physically together might be the thing that arouses suspicions and that might make them ask for an interview. The fact that your family made the trip and attended the wedding is a plus. The fact that your relationship evolved and was not full on from the start is a plus.

But please, whatever you will need to do, don't ever mention to CIC that your wife does not want to go to Canada. If she is called in for a interview, ask her not to mention anything even related to her actually not wanting to go to Canada. Don't even joke about it. Just like drop-dead-gorgeous Graihn said, why apply if she doesn't want to go?

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Betina said:
The fact that you have spent very little time physically together might be the thing that arouses suspicions and that might make them ask for an interview. The fact that your family made the trip and attended the wedding is a plus. The fact that your relationship evolved and was not full on from the start is a plus.

But please, whatever you will need to do, don't ever mention to CIC that your wife does not want to go to Canada. If she is called in for a interview, ask her not to mention anything even related to her actually not wanting to go to Canada. Don't even joke about it. Just like drop-dead-gorgeous Graihn said, why apply if she doesn't want to go?
Haha, dam. I shouldn't have said that :)

Anyhow, it seems to me that they're relationship had a very natural progression from being friends to actually starting dating and falling in love. I don't see how they would have a problem if they can clearly prove everything they have stated re their relationship.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Graihn said:
Haha, dam. I shouldn't have said that :)

Anyhow, it seems to me that they're relationship had a very natural progression from being friends to actually starting dating and falling in love. I don't see how they would have a problem if they can clearly prove everything they have stated re their relationship.
Yes, it does seem that way, that's why I said it's a plus for them. The fact that they had a religious ceremony is again a plus, seeing as they are from a religious community. It also depends what country she's from - if their financial situation is fairly similar, I don't think they will have any problems. Just don't tell anyone about the not coming to Canada part :-D

Leopold_31

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Oh it could be that bad if I mention she doesn't want to come to Canada?
The thing is we had long talks trying to decide where should we live as a family once we decided. I say Canada obviously, she says does not want to move from her country because she is afraid of moving to a new country with new language and doesnt want to leave her family behind.
But reality is I don't have much to do in her country and she doesnt earn that much. I got a pretty decent job in Canada. After I explained everything to her she agreed. Now its better she is actually waiting for reply from CIC because that means we can be together.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that she is not interested in immigration per se. She wants to come to Canada to be with me, because I happen to be Canadian. I did not know it was such a bad thing to say this. I should tell her to not mention this.

Feb 3, 2014
Feb. 4th 2014 at 11:11 am EST
By Waiting my wife

Hi my question is my wife an I we got married at city hall in Thailand but took us like a week to do with all the running around so no buddy was there. Plus my famy could not make it because the trip is so far to Thailand an her mom an dad could not as well since there from a small town. After we got married we went back to the island where we stayed an had a small parity with some of our friends. Both famyd no we got married but could not celebrate together. In like a week we went back to her small town and celebrate with your family a little bit after the marriage. We gave them pic of both little parity see had. That was one year ago. This Christmas I went back my wife an I meet my mom an dad in Phuket an took pic with them. Then went back to her small town but my dad an mom could not come they had to go back to work. When we were in her small town we took wedding pictures with her and her family. Grafter we took the pic I email them to Singapore.

So my question is will they get the new pic of us, an or will this hurt us god pr because how everything just worked out for us. I'm just scared that they may think we are a fack marriage. But we love each other do much an as u all no this process is long an hurts.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Leopold_31 said:
I guess the point I am trying to make is that she is not interested in immigration per se. She wants to come to Canada to be with me, because I happen to be Canadian. I did not know it was such a bad thing to say this. I should tell her to not mention this.
Saying she wants to come to Canada because she wants to be with you is definitely good. Just do not mention the part about not wanting to come to Canada in general. CIC will look at that as being bad and suspect it may cause problems with your relationship since she is in a place she does not like.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Leopold_31 said:
Some people apply get PR status but really have no intention to actually move or settle in Canada. They will maintain minimum 2 out of 5 years residency obligation, but otherwise continue to live in their home country, and just use the PR in case they need services from Canada (like healthcare).

So if the VO thinks there is a chance the applicant does not really intend to move to Canada, they could deny the application.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Waiting my wife said:
Feb. 4th 2014 at 11:11 am EST
By Waiting my wife

Hi my question is my wife an I we got married at city hall in Thailand but took us like a week to do with all the running around so no buddy was there. Plus my famy could not make it because the trip is so far to Thailand an her mom an dad could not as well since there from a small town. After we got married we went back to the island where we stayed an had a small parity with some of our friends. Both famyd no we got married but could not celebrate together. In like a week we went back to her small town and celebrate with your family a little bit after the marriage. We gave them pic of both little parity see had. That was one year ago. This Christmas I went back my wife an I meet my mom an dad in Phuket an took pic with them. Then went back to her small town but my dad an mom could not come they had to go back to work. When we were in her small town we took wedding pictures with her and her family. Grafter we took the pic I email them to Singapore.

So my question is will they get the new pic of us, an or will this hurt us god pr because how everything just worked out for us. I'm just scared that they may think we are a fack marriage. But we love each other do much an as u all no this process is long an hurts.
How long were you dating or meet face to face before getting married?

Leopold_31

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Rob_TO said:
Some people apply get PR status but really have no intention to actually move or settle in Canada. They will maintain minimum 2 out of 5 years residency obligation, but otherwise continue to live in their home country, and just use the PR in case they need services from Canada (like healthcare).

So if the VO thinks there is a chance the applicant does not really intend to move to Canada, they could deny the application.
Man thats scary. She does want to move and live in Canada with me now, we want to start a family and have our own home. Its just in the begining she was scared of the idea.

Thank you everyone for the heads up

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Leopold_31 said:
The thing is we had long talks trying to decide where should we live as a family once we decided. I say Canada obviously, she says does not want to move from her country because she is afraid of moving to a new country with new language and doesnt want to leave her family behind.
But reality is I don't have much to do in her country and she doesnt earn that much. I got a pretty decent job in Canada. After I explained everything to her she agreed. Now its better she is actually waiting for reply from CIC because that means we can be together.

I wouldn't mention it to CIC, but I fully understand where she is coming from...
I am *only* immigrating to Canada because of a promise I made to my Canadian wife before we were married. I'm giving up a good job, my family, my property, some of my hobbies and lots more... Yeah, I definitely understand....

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Yeah, my wife was reluctant to leave her friends, family and good job behind for me. Many can understand the sentiment.