Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Leopold_31 said:
Man thats scary. She does want to move and live in Canada with me now, we want to start a family and have our own home. Its just in the begining she was scared of the idea.

Thank you everyone for the heads up
Now don't have her go to the other extreme and have her tell the VO that it's her childhood dream to move to Canada and she would die if she failed :D :D :D :D That's not good either :D

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
keesio said:
Yeah, my wife was reluctant to leave her friends, family and good job behind for me. Many can understand the sentiment.
Especially when you come from a country where things are stable.
Some have the agenda to marry someone to be brought over and eventually bring their whole family over to create better lives for everyone involved, which is honorable, but deemed wrong.

Leopold_31

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Waiting my wife said:
Feb. 4th 2014 at 11:11 am EST
By Waiting my wife

Hi my question is my wife an I we got married at city hall in Thailand but took us like a week to do with all the running around so no buddy was there. Plus my famy could not make it because the trip is so far to Thailand an her mom an dad could not as well since there from a small town. After we got married we went back to the island where we stayed an had a small parity with some of our friends. Both famyd no we got married but could not celebrate together. In like a week we went back to her small town and celebrate with your family a little bit after the marriage. We gave them pic of both little parity see had. That was one year ago. This Christmas I went back my wife an I meet my mom an dad in Phuket an took pic with them. Then went back to her small town but my dad an mom could not come they had to go back to work. When we were in her small town we took wedding pictures with her and her family. Grafter we took the pic I email them to Singapore.

So my question is will they get the new pic of us, an or will this hurt us god pr because how everything just worked out for us. I'm just scared that they may think we are a fack marriage. But we love each other do much an as u all no this process is long an hurts.
To me as an outside person it is suspicious her mom and dad did not attend the wedding even though they are from Thailand. Even if they are from a small town, they could not attend their daughters wedding?
And I don't get why you took "wedding pictures" one year later. What does that supposed to mean?

Feb 3, 2014
I was there for. 3 months we meant she worked at the hotel I stayed at. I went home an we talk all the time two times a day. Then I went back for 4 more months we got married then. I went home to start this process. An then went back for Christmas this year

Leopold_31

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Betina said:
Now don't have her go to the other extreme and have her tell the VO that it's her childhood dream to move to Canada and she would die if she failed :D :D :D :D That's not good either :D
I see what you are saying :)

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Waiting my wife said:
I was there for. 3 months we meant she worked at the hotel I stayed at. I went home an we talk all the time two times a day. Then I went back for 4 more months we got married then. I went home to start this process. An then went back for Christmas this year
Ok, that is not bad. You spent 7 months together before getting married. You do have some challenges with no family at the wedding, etc. But having pics of some post wedding celebration with some family is good. Hopefully you sent in a lot of proof of your relationship.

Feb 3, 2014
Yes we sent 6000 pages of Facebook texts an 3000 pages if skype texts an all the pics we had with the 7 months together.
But the wedding pics we sent after we sent the application. You think they will get ?

Leopold_31

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Waiting my wife said:
Yes we sent 6000 pages of Facebook texts an 3000 pages if skype texts an all the pics we had with the 7 months together.
But the wedding pics we sent after we sent the application. You think they will get ?
Wow that is a lot of pages :eek:
I still don't get how can you say wedding photos if you did not take them at wedding but a year later.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
"wedding pictures" taken at a time long after the "wedding" will ring alarm bells. They may be seen as "created for immigration purposes", regardless of their true intent.

Feb 3, 2014
Her mom an dad work they have smash shop that seek rice. They could not make it to just to see us get married at city hall. So a week after we got married we went to her small town 10 hour bus rid to get there. Celebration with them. So they did not need to travl there an back just for one day.

Plus we just did the pics for just us.

Leopold_31

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Waiting my wife said:
Her mom an dad work they have smash shop that seek rice. They could not make it to just to see us get married at city hall. So a week after we got married we went to her small town 10 hour bus rid to get there. Celebration with them. So they did not need to travl there an back just for one day.

Plus we just did the pics for just us.
Well it seems pretty confusing to me. I just hope you explained all of this to the CIC in a nice letter, especially the part where you sent the wedding pics to them one year later.

Feb 3, 2014
Yes in the app we told them we would do another celebration with pictures later. We wanted my hole family to come but no boddy but my mom an dad could make it. An we told them when she gets to canada we will have another celebration with my family. An yes we told them when sent them as well.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Regarding the subject of not wanting to immigrate to Canada. My husband has dual citizenship Canadian/German (born in Canada, father is German) and I am from Romania. We met for the first time in 1999 when I was 16 years old and he was 21, he was visiting Romania. We stayed in touch as friends for about a year, but then we lost contact, Internet wasn't very popular back then.

We resumed contact in April 2008, through Facebook. Talked on skype, facebook and telephone till September when we decided to meet again. My husband had been working in Germany since March 2008 at that time. We spent 3 weeks in England, vacationing. When we both said goodbye and separated at the airport, we realized we wanted more from the relationship, we wanted to get serious.
My parents invited my husband for the winter holidays in Romania, to meet him. He stayed 2 weeks at my parent's house in December 2008 and he proposed to me on Xmas day. I said yes, and after he arrived back in Germany, he made plans for my arrival here. I was somehow sad for leaving my home country, my family, my friends. But that didn't count much, I was in love and I would have done anything to be with the person I love. We discussed him moving to Romania, but looking at the job prospects for him and the low salaries, he wasn't very happy about it.

Anyway, I arrived in Germany in February 2009, we got married in June 2009. Both our families were at the wedding. We had a civil registry ceremony and a religious one on the same day. We are both of different religions, but we're not very religious people, we're more spiritual. I was baptized in the Othodox religious when I was 3 months old, had no say in it :)

We've been in Germany for 5 years, but we just decided to move to Canada. I wasn't ready to move so far away from home and my husband was still working on building a nice career for himself. He misses Canada and he is not very happy here. We have no family here and no friends.

So yes, I understand not wanting to leave your comfort zone, but I would go to the end of the world to be with my husband.

Edit: I forgot to mention, that we have no children, but not by choice. It's because of medical reasons. I was actually wondering if this will raise a red flag with the VO. Married for almost 5 years, but no children. What do you think?