waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
SenoritaBella said:
Yes, it did look like that. Thanks, keesio! Is there a spreadsheet or thread for January 2014 applicants? Would like to join.
Not sure if there is one for Jan 2014 folks. I haven't seen one.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
SenoritaBella said:
Yes, it did look like that. Thanks, keesio! Is there a spreadsheet or thread for January 2014 applicants? Would like to join.

@ Desi-girl.. thanks for your reply. It would be awesome to get sponsor approval in a week but I doubt it since they are processing applications received Dec 27th.:D Took about 28 days for AOR. My ecas isn't active yet.
Well, once you get AoR, you automatically get SA really soon. It takes an average of 1 week. CIC-M sits on the files for a month and then opens them to give AoR. When did you apply? ECAS will be up for you once you get SA.

Outland Jan 2014 applicant can join at
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t181570.0.html
but are you outland or inland?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
lol I guess I didn't look very well.

I got my SA about 2 weeks after AOR. Came via e-mail like the AOR.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I'm outland. They received our application Jan 8,2014. Thanks for the link.

Desi-girl said:
Well, once you get AoR, you automatically get SA really soon. It takes an average of 1 week. CIC-M sits on the files for a month and then opens them to give AoR. When did you apply? ECAS will be up for you once you get SA.

Outland Jan 2014 applicant can join at
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t181570.0.html
but are you outland or inland?

Ellasg

Oct 7, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2014
File Transfer...
03-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-04-2014, DM: 19-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
06-06-2014
We received SA via e-mail 2 working* days after AOR.

Leopold_31

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Guys I am new to this what is AoR and SA?
I mailed my application 3 weeks ago an so far nothing from CIC. I thought I should get some kind of reply that my application was recieved?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Leopold_31 said:
Guys I am new to this what is AoR and SA?
I mailed my application 3 weeks ago an so far nothing from CIC. I thought I should get some kind of reply that my application was recieved?
acknowledgment of receipt and sponsor approved.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Hey guys,
What an interesting conversation we had here. Wishing you all the best in your application processing and a Late Happy Valentines! :D

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Desi-girl said:
Hey guys,
What an interesting conversation we had here. Wishing you all the best in your application processing and a Late Happy Valentines! :D
Hi all
Hi Desi Girl( I think you might have replied for this question earlier :-X)

I am wondering about the same question that is being discussed here to see if I fall under the red flag category :eek:

I am PR holder of Canada. from India. I met my wife through family contacts, and thus we have very less chat/ msg/ email histories with us. She is from South Africa( Indian citizen, lived in SA on Work permit). I went to see my familyon Nov 2013( and to marry her if everything goes okay when we see each other). she came to India in end of November. we met and found everything suitable and we decide to get marry. as we met through our families, we involved them in all the rituals and so on. we had engagement and then we got marry.

we married on Dec12th 2013. we had little function involving very close family members only(about 30 People including our parents and siblings) we DID NOT have any reception post our marriage. And as I was under treatment we couldnt go for honeymoon either. ( we DO have nice smiley faced fotos and a trip for mumbai for religious reason for both of us for two days- tickets for them)

she is the same age as i am. she is computer engineer and I am accounting bachelor. we follow the same religion, same language we speak, we live(back home) just in cities side by side. and yeah Desi girl we chat in good amount now and have started saving history.

My worry is that we spent little more than 2 months together( time we met before mrg till i come back to canada) additionally we didnt have our honeymoon nor we trade the gifts( we are of the same thinking), and now she is moving back to South africa( actually to see her sisters who couldnt manage come to marriage) later she is gonna come back and stay with my parents in india after about a month. we do share a joint bank account and stuffs like that, can you people out there can suggest, if my case seems okay and what else do yousuggest??... :-\ ...

thanks in advance

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Shining Moon said:
Hi all
Hi Desi Girl( I think you might have replied for this question earlier :-X)

I am wondering about the same question that is being discussed here to see if I fall under the red flag category :eek:

I am PR holder of Canada. from India. I met my wife through family contacts, and thus we have very less chat/ msg/ email histories with us. She is from South Africa( Indian citizen, lived in SA on Work permit). I went to see my familyon Nov 2013( and to marry her if everything goes okay when we see each other). she came to India in end of November. we met and found everything suitable and we decide to get marry. as we met through our families, we involved them in all the rituals and so on. we had engagement and then we got marry.

we married on Dec12th 2013. we had little function involving very close family members only(about 30 People including our parents and siblings) we DID NOT have any reception post our marriage. And as I was under treatment we couldnt go for honeymoon either. ( we DO have nice smiley faced fotos and a trip for mumbai for religious reason for both of us for two days- tickets for them)

she is the same age as i am. she is computer engineer and I am accounting bachelor. we follow the same religion, same language we speak, we live(back home) just in cities side by side. and yeah Desi girl we chat in good amount now and have started saving history.

My worry is that we spent little more than 2 months together( time we met before mrg till i come back to canada) additionally we didnt have our honeymoon nor we trade the gifts( we are of the same thinking), and now she is moving back to South africa( actually to see her sisters who couldnt manage come to marriage) later she is gonna come back and stay with my parents in india after about a month. we do share a joint bank account and stuffs like that, can you people out there can suggest, if my case seems okay and what else do yousuggest??... :-\ ...

thanks in advance
Send in the emails or phone records between both your families and add explanations about what was going on in terms of marriage discussions.
You can also add explanation on why you did not have reception and honeymoon. And that all family could not attend because of reasons like work, school, etc. Your wedding was on a day when there are no holidays.
giving tickets for proof and also joint bank account is also a good idea with all the current chatting history.
The only red flag you might fall under is no honeymoon and no reception. But you had 2 months together. You can say that you have plans to do a reception in Canada and are planning to visit your wife later to go for a honeymoon.

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Desi-girl said:
Send in the emails or phone records between both your families and add explanations about what was going on in terms of marriage discussions.
You can also add explanation on why you did not have reception and honeymoon. And that all family could not attend because of reasons like work, school, etc. Your wedding was on a day when there are no holidays.
giving tickets for proof and also joint bank account is also a good idea with all the current chatting history.
The only red flag you might fall under is no honeymoon and no reception. But you had 2 months together. You can say that you have plans to do a reception in Canada and are planning to visit your wife later to go for a honeymoon.
Wowww Desi Girl are you a mind reader or what?exactly same explanation that you suggested was in my mind. Actually we dnt have any proof that proves that our family had something going in in between as we belong to a community that get together for religious discourses every Sunday. And thus both the families came in contact with. As we both were out side of india, our family did get enough time to see each other in personon sunday. And thus most of the story taken forward like that. For not having reception, I can explain that we belong to a family in which we dnt have any customs to conduct post marriage reception. And for honeymoon, I can prove that my health wasnt so good I could have enjoyed my honeymoon. I did have all the treatment in paper and thus I believe why may be convinced by these..

Thanks a lot for your precious answer dear fesi girl. God bless you..:)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Desi girl gave very good suggestions and it appears you are also on the right track explaning things. If there are no pictures of when your families met, you can ask members of yours and her family who were directly involved in the marriage discussions to write a narrative of what they did, how the did it, what made them come to conclusion that you are suitable for each other, etc. Also, if your families are meeting even after the marriage, ask them to take pictures.

Shining Moon said:
Wowww Desi Girl are you a mind reader or what?exactly same explanation that you suggested was in my mind. Actually we dnt have any proof that proves that out family had something going in in between as we belong to a community that get together for religious discourses every Sunday. And thus both the families came in contact with. As we both were out side of india, our family did get enough time to see each other in personon sunday. And thus most of the story taken forward like that. For not having reception, I can explain that we belong to a family in which we dnt have any customs to evo duct post marriage reception. And for honeymoon, I can prove that my health wasnt so good I could have enjoyed my honeymoon. I did have all the treatment in paper and thus I believe why may be convinced by these..

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
SenoritaBella said:
Desi girl gave very good suggestions and it appears you are also on the right track explaning things. If there are no pictures of when your families met, you can ask members of yours and her family who were directly involved in the marriage discussions to write a narrative of what they did, how the did it, what made them come to conclusion that you are suitable for each other, etc. Also, if your families are meeting even after the marriage, ask them to take pictures.
thanks
our family discussed the possibility of our marriage but the final decision was on our side. we do have photos of our engagement and wedding in which everybody seem to be happy and smiling... hope it works out right. :D

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Shining Moon said:
Wowww Desi Girl are you a mind reader or what?exactly same explanation that you suggested was in my mind. Actually we dnt have any proof that proves that our family had something going in in between as we belong to a community that get together for religious discourses every Sunday. And thus both the families came in contact with. As we both were out side of india, our family did get enough time to see each other in personon sunday. And thus most of the story taken forward like that. For not having reception, I can explain that we belong to a family in which we dnt have any customs to conduct post marriage reception. And for honeymoon, I can prove that my health wasnt so good I could have enjoyed my honeymoon. I did have all the treatment in paper and thus I believe why may be convinced by these..

SenoritaBella said:
Thanks SenoritaBella and Shining Moon! I was also going to say that it may also be good to include a letter from one family member from each side stating how the marriage came to be as SenoritaBella said. That can add more weight to the proofs but will the visa officers see it during the interview, we can't be sure but always better to have it with you anyways.

I didn't have a honeymoon either as I didn't have time off from work and there were other pressing responsibilities for the both of us but we were hoping to go this year. Now we can't go because the visa office is holding onto the passport since September :(

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
Desi-girl said:
Thanks SenoritaBella and Shining Moon! I was also going to say that it may also be good to include a letter from one family member from each side stating how the marriage came to be as SenoritaBella said. That can add more weight to the proofs but will the visa officers see it during the interview, we can't be sure but always better to have it with you anyways.

I didn't have a honeymoon either as I didn't have time off from work and there were other pressing responsibilities for the both of us but we were hoping to go this year. Now we can't go because the visa office is holding onto the passport since September :(
same here. i may want to go on to the honeymoon in south africa but they will need her passport to put a hold on :-X
but I am just waiting about the background/history for herself for stay in south africa. once I get all the documents, i will be sure as to what i should do further, further, they know that in India lost of people have arrange marriages every year. what is likely to be have is to get interviewed but that doesnt prove the genuine relationship fraud one.