+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What do you mean I am not eligible?they are not caring who have participated and who havent,they are not even sparing small kids who were playing in their home at that time,just killing people randomly,just the fact that your political opinion doesnt match with their political opinion is sufficient for you to being killed….
You have to show that you are personally being persecuted. It appears that this is also for your parents. H&C is also not a way to circumvent the PGP process. Both H&C and asylum application have significant longterm consequences especially asylum claims. If your parents are visiting and are denied H&C they may no longer be able to easily visit Canada. If they claim asylum and are denied they will face difficulty traveling to many countries.

FNU

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Hello everyone, is there anyone here who has deportation order and H&C application without PRRA? Is it possible stay here without PRRA while your H&C application in progress?

ibrahim0175

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
You have to show that you are personally being persecuted. It appears that this is also for your parents. H&C is also not a way to circumvent the PGP process. Both H&C and asylum application have significant longterm consequences especially asylum claims. If your parents are visiting and are denied H&C they may no longer be able to easily visit Canada. If they claim asylum and are denied they will face difficulty traveling to many countries.
Ok thanks for the heads up,so my question for you is what is the option if the govt doesnt open the PGP program for all?what should I do now?leave my mother and allow her to go back to her home country to die in the hands of these dictators and murderers?

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Ok thanks for the heads up,so my question for you is what is the option if the govt doesnt open the PGP program for all?what should I do now?leave my mother and allow her to go back to her home country to die in the hands of these dictators and murderers?
IMHO, you are being dramatic. Is your mother participating in protests? Doing roadshows against the government? Is she affiliated with the opposition party? Is she a journalist writing an expose on the government? According to various news outlets 150 people have been killed in protests in Dhaka. Let's assume they are fudged the numbers and real number is 10x so 1500. More die in accidents and mishaps. Unless you belong to hindu or christian minority in Bangladesh there is no fear of religious prosecution. If you are Rohingaya then you could provide valid documents and apply for refugee status.

Since your mother is here, clearly she is not related to protests. It seems like, you are just trying to use the current situation in your country to have her slip-in. IRCC can easily reject your application and advise to apply for Super Visa. H&C is a means of last resort. How can Canuck or anyone else in this forum be responsible or answer about "What will the Bangladeshi government do?".

I would suggest you be tactical and not emotional. Present all the documentation and rationale in your H&C application. Consult a lawyer if need be, and present the base case forward. Otherwise you'll have to wait for next government to take any decision on PGP.

ibrahim0175

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
IMHO, you are being dramatic. Is your mother participating in protests? Doing roadshows against the government? Is she affiliated with the opposition party? Is she a journalist writing an expose on the government? According to various news outlets 150 people have been killed in protests in Dhaka. Let's assume they are fudged the numbers and real number is 10x so 1500. More die in accidents and mishaps. Unless you belong to hindu or christian minority in Bangladesh there is no fear of religious prosecution. If you are Rohingaya then you could provide valid documents and apply for refugee status.

Since your mother is here, clearly she is not related to protests. It seems like, you are just trying to use the current situation in your country to have her slip-in. IRCC can easily reject your application and advise to apply for Super Visa. H&C is a means of last resort. How can Canuck or anyone else in this forum be responsible or answer about "What will the Bangladeshi government do?".

I would suggest you be tactical and not emotional. Present all the documentation and rationale in your H&C application. Consult a lawyer if need be, and present the base case forward. Otherwise you'll have to wait for next government to take any decision on PGP.
First of all,I am not being dramatic here and I am not trying to have her slip in,I am just exploring all possible options to keep her here since PGP is not open for everyone and my mother’s homecountry is not very safe at the moment,and I never said canuck/anyone in the forum is responsible for what bangladesh govt will do,I have just asked for experts opinion here, and honestly speaking if killing 1000+ people in a week by govt forces isnt a valid cause for asylum claim,I am not sure what else is a valid cause,and what you are suggesting here is I should just send her back,start doing the odd math calculations and assume that nothing will happen to her,really?,if it were your mother,I think you would do the same like how I am exploring all possible options to keep her here

again I am not here to argue with anyone,just asking for experts opinion and if you dont like my comments,feel free to ignore it….

Cathamkent23

Jul 29, 2024
Hello Folks,

I would like to know if i am qualify to submit an application for both PRRA and H&C but i am not sure if i am eligible to send a request after NEGATIVE decision on my refugee case i confused at the last NEGATIVE decision which one will be count for 12 month bar, RAD dismissal or JR dismissal i mean federal court decision ? to be eligible to send H&C APPLICATION ???? THEN what about PRRA CAN I APPLY RIGHT AWAY AFTER JR DISMISSAL ???

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Hello Folks,

I would like to know if i am qualify to submit an application for both PRRA and H&C but i am not sure if i am eligible to send a request after NEGATIVE decision on my refugee case i confused at the last NEGATIVE decision which one will be count for 12 month bar, RAD dismissal or JR dismissal i mean federal court decision ? to be eligible to send H&C APPLICATION ???? THEN what about PRRA CAN I APPLY RIGHT AWAY AFTER JR DISMISSAL ???

Hi @Cathamkent23,

I hope I can help you with your questions.

1. PRRA is something you cannot apply. It is offered to you by CBSA.
2. You cannot apply for H&C within 12 months after you receive a negative decision on your refugee claim or appeal, unless you apply based on the best interests of a child ground.
3. If you submit your JR and H&C applications at the same time, your H&C application will be processed after the result of your JR.

Good luck!

Cathamkent23

Jul 29, 2024
Hi @Cathamkent23,

I hope I can help you with your questions.

1. PRRA is something you cannot apply. It is offered to you by CBSA.
2. You cannot apply for H&C within 12 months after you receive a negative decision on your refugee claim or appeal, unless you apply based on the best interests of a child ground.
3. If you submit your JR and H&C applications at the same time, your H&C application will be processed after the result of your JR.

Good luck!
Thank you for your reply buddy.
My negative RAD decision was July 2023 and JR dismissed just last week just to be clear I have to count 12 months since RAD July 2023 or will count from July this year, for single person?
And can you please recommend me a good lawyer?