+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Jambol

Jun 24, 2021
Experts opinion needed!!

my h and c application is in progress but I haven’t heard back from cic yet since i applied and now i am fearing for my life if I were to send back to my country of origin,so my question is can i apply to become a refugee/protected person
while my h and c application is in process
To answer your question, what is your current status?

idiris

Aug 3, 2023
To answer your question, what is your current status?
@Jambol is right

If IRB determined you to be a person in need of protection or a Convention refugee or if you received a positive decision on your Pre-Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA) from IRCC, you are a Protected Person and may apply for permanent residence with this application.

DaveAngel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Experts opinion needed!!

my h and c application is in progress but I haven’t heard back from cic yet since i applied and now i am fearing for my life if I were to send back to my country of origin,so my question is can i apply to become a refugee/protected person
while my h and c application is in process
Hi @ibrahim0175,

Let's say you can apply for a refugee claim without withdrawing your H&C application (but I think you need to withdraw it first).
You'll need a very good explanation for a question ; "why did you not claim when you arrived in Canada (at a port of entry)?" unless there's a very recent change in the situation in your country.

Good luck!

Reactions: ibrahim0175

ibrahim0175

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Hi @ibrahim0175,

Let's say you can apply for a refugee claim without withdrawing your H&C application (but I think you need to withdraw it first).
You'll need a very good explanation for a question ; "why did you not claim when you arrived in Canada (at a port of entry)?" unless there's a very recent change in the situation in your country.

Good luck!
Thank you for your reply,the change is very recent,less than a week or so and atleast 900 people killed because of a political unrest,shot on sight order has been issued

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply,the change is very recent,less than a week or so and atleast 900 people killed because of a political unrest,shot on sight order has been issued
Did you participate in the protests? Unless person applying had participated in protests and is being persecuted because of this it isn’t a reason for an asylum claim.

ibrahim0175

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Did you participate in the protests? Unless person applying had participated in protests and is being persecuted because of this it isn’t a reason for an asylum claim.
What do you mean I am not eligible?they are not caring who have participated and who havent,they are not even sparing small kids who were playing in their home at that time,just killing people randomly,just the fact that your political opinion doesnt match with their political opinion is sufficient for you to being killed….

idiris

Aug 3, 2023
What do you mean I am not eligible?they are not caring who have participated and who havent,they are not even sparing small kids who were playing in their home at that time,just killing people randomly,just the fact that your political opinion doesnt match with their political opinion is sufficient for you to being killed….
Where are you from?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Bangladesh
I would recommend sticking with the H&C application and not submitting the refugee claim unless the individual applying was directly involved in the protests and is being sought by police or similar. Good luck.