+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

MessiBoi

Jan 1, 2021
Hi everyone.
New to this.
I am planning to apply under H&C ground. I am not applying for refugee. I just wanted to know what happens when your visa (mine in study permit) expires while the H&C application process is underway. I know I wont be able to apply for work permit until the Stage 1 AIR. Seeing that it will take alot of time to reach to this stage 1, and my visa will end way before I reach this stage, what are the chances of getting visitor visas approved if my current study permit ends. Thank you,

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone.
New to this.
I am planning to apply under H&C ground. I am not applying for refugee. I just wanted to know what happens when your visa (mine in study permit) expires while the H&C application process is underway. I know I wont be able to apply for work permit until the Stage 1 AIR. Seeing that it will take alot of time to reach to this stage 1, and my visa will end way before I reach this stage, what are the chances of getting visitor visas approved if my current study permit ends. Thank you,
Are you eligible for visitor status?

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi everyone.
New to this.
Applying for h&c it’s basically to buying a lottery you could get a approve or not only God knows
as your status If it’s get expired you will facing removal order and Cbsa will be involved if it’s bad cbsa officer will detain you and will deport you
You will be banned for life

But there is new policy for 2021
Visitors, students and workers whose valid temporary status expired, or expires, between January 30, 2020 and May 31, 2021 will have until August 31, 2021, to restore their status.

Last edited:

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Applying for h&c it’s basically to buying a lottery you could get a proof or not only God knows
as your status If it’s get expired you will facing removal order and Cbsa will be involved if it’s bad cbsa officer will detain you and will deport you

Visitors, students and workers whose valid temporary status expired, or expires, between January 30, 2020 and May 31, 2021 will have until August 31, 2021, to restore their status.
I did not know about this new policy. But even in this case, they will need to have a route for maintaining a valid status - would visitor status be the one?

MessiBoi

Jan 1, 2021
Are you eligible for visitor status?
Yes, I will be eligible to apply apply for visitor visa when my current permit ends next year. I am more concern of if the H&C application will impact the decision of whether I will be approve for the visitor visa. I dont want to be out of status in the middle of the application ( and knowing stage 1 will take a long time).

MessiBoi

Jan 1, 2021
Applying for h&c it’s basically to buying a lottery you could get a proof or not only God knows

Before my status expire, You mean I wont be able to apply for visitor visa in the middle of the H&C application?

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Yes, I will be eligible to apply apply for visitor visa when my current permit ends next year. I am more concern of if the H&C application will impact the decision of whether I will be approve for the visitor visa. I dont want to be out of status in the middle of the application ( and knowing stage 1 will take a long time).
Why don't you consult a lawyer?
Here we might help with our own experiences but you can't 100% follow them. Each file is different. Make yourself a favor and look for a good lawyer.
Good luck

Reactions: Ayanna

MessiBoi

Jan 1, 2021
Why don't you consult a lawyer?
Here we might help with our own experiences but you can't 100% follow them. Each file is different. Make yourself a favor and look for a good lawyer.
Good luck
yes. Thank you. I was wondering if there were anyone who had this experience where their current permit expired in the middle of the H&C application process. I have booked an appointment with an immigration lawyer for next week to see my options,
I would appreciate it still if any of you know a lawyer who is specialize in this area (H&C grounds).
Thank you

Reactions: Me2020