+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
yes. Thank you. I was wondering if there were anyone who had this experience where their current permit expired in the middle of the H&C application process. I have booked an appointment with an immigration lawyer for next week to see my options,
I would appreciate it still if any of you know a lawyer who is specialize in this area (H&C grounds).
Thank you
From my experience, waiting for your decision on the h&c application is a fair reason to ask for extension of visitor status; how else could you possible maintain a valid status in Canada? Of course, contacting a lawyer or, at least, an immigration counsellor who will know the details of your case will be advisable.

Reactions: PositiveLIife08

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
From my experience, waiting for your decision on the h&c application is a fair reason to ask for extension of visitor status; how else could you possible maintain a valid status in Canada? Of course, contacting a lawyer or, at least, an immigration counsellor who will know the details of your case will be advisable.
But he can not guarantee staying in Canada before getting AIP.
Before that if he got out of status CBSA can deport him.

I wish you the best Messiboi. Hope everything will be ok with you. Keep us updated

Reactions: MessiBoi and Ayanna

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
every case different he is on study permit here plus he is from safe country he can go from proper channels get his PR then H&c
Cbsa or immigration doesn’t like people who manipulate the immigration System come as temporary residency workers or study permit apply for refugees PRRA or H&c

if you think I’m wrong please correct me!

MessiBoi

Jan 1, 2021
every case different he is on study permit here plus he is from safe country he can go from proper channels get his PR then H&c
Cbsa or immigration doesn’t like people who manipulate the immigration System come as temporary residency workers or study permit apply for refugees PRRA or H&c

Thats true. I will have a appointment with the lawyer and see my options. Sorry i didnt give my background info.
I came to Canada in 2011 with a study permit. I completed my studies (diploma) and got my PGWP. My PR got rejected because my work experience ( under CEC, that work experience needs to be at least 1 year and within 3 years) cross that 3 years marks by a few months. I applied for study permit again in 2016 for bachelors. Now i am done with university, so I am looking at my options.

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Thats true. I will have a appointment with the lawyer and see my options. Sorry i didnt give my background info.
I came to Canada in 2011 with a study permit. I completed my studies (diploma) and got my PGWP. My PR got rejected because my work experience ( under CEC, that work experience needs to be at least 1 year and within 3 years) cross that 3 years marks by a few months. I applied for study permit again in 2016 for bachelors. Now i am done with university, so I am looking at my options.
Ok now explain a lot there is light in tunnel
I think you have good arguments for H&c you need to find a good experience lawyer to help you for pr under H&c
Good luck
Some new good policy will be out this year for H&c 2019 and 2020

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
If you have a BA then you should be looking at express entry not h& C. Unless of course, you aren’t eligible

MessiBoi

Jan 1, 2021
Ok now explain a lot there is light in tunnel
I think you have good arguments for H&c you need to find a good experience lawyer to help you for pr under H&c
Good luck
Some new good policy will be out this year for H&c 2019 and 2020
Do you have the links for those policy that might come into effect? Thank you

Reactions: Ayanna

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW

You are not wrong! In my answers I always assume that if a person is asking about the h&c program, they know that this is their only option for whaever reason it could be. So I responded assuming this is the case. Of course, if any other immigrantion program is available for them, it should be considered, because h&c is a tough one and it should only be used as the last resort.