+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

redaed

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hi guys,
When my first son was born I had a valid work permit 2 years but not my wife and after I was without a valid work permit for a period .do you think I can have the child benefits since he was born?
Thanks

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Hi guys,
When my first son was born I had a valid work permit 2 years but not my wife and after I was without a valid work permit for a period .do you think I can have the child benefits since he was born?
Thanks
Without a status I don't think you can. We've talked alot about this and I sent the link from canada.ca
Your child can get benefits based on your status or your wife's if she has / had one

Olayint

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hello everyone, I have a question please, has anyone applied for work permit with AIP and with an expired passport? If yes, are you able to submit online? If it was paper application, how long did it take to get confirmation of receipt from IRCC? Thanks for your answers

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hello everyone, I have a question please, has anyone applied for work permit with AIP and with an expired passport? If yes, are you able to submit online? If it was paper application, how long did it take to get confirmation of receipt from IRCC? Thanks for your answers
My husband applied with the passport expired (His Consulate was closed because of Covid). Was a paper application and never received neither mail letters nor emails. He received the WP after 4 months of sent the documents

Reactions: Mhy0811 and Ayanna

Olayint

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
My husband applied with the passport expired (His Consulate was closed because of Covid). Was a paper application and never received neither mail letters nor emails. He received the WP after 4 months of sent the documents
Thanks for the reply, please did his previous work permit expire before he got the new one? I just need proof to give at work so I can have implied status.

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Thanks for the reply, please did his previous work permit expire before he got the new one? I just need proof to give at work so I can have implied status.
Yes you can work on implied status
My work permit expired on May I was on implied status for six months and also my passport it expired since 2017

Reactions: Naz786

Olayint

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Yes you can work on implied status
My work permit expired on May I was on implied status for six months and also my passport it expired since 2017
Thanks Ayanna, did you get confirmation of receipt from IRCC? You know the document that gives you application number just like AOR for H$C application? And did you apply online or paper application?

Olayint

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
yes I did
I applied on online I got my aor and payment receipt first
Wow! What date did you put on your expired passport date? Did you put a date like the passport isn't expired? Or how did you validate with an expired passport? Sorry about my questions, I'm trying to apply today and want to get it right.