+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Good Morning All and here is a GREAT NEWS!

Off to a great week.

With all the blessings of Allah, I have received my AIP today morning . Here is timeline:

1. Application submitted on June 05, 2023
2. AOR received on June 27, 2023
3. I called to enquire status a week ago and nothing was completed, I mean NOTHING. Info sharing, criminality and background checks were in process for ever.
4. AIP received today (AIP letter is dated September 05, 2024) however received today by email on September 09, 2024
5. Its my first H&C application, not a refugee claimant.
6. I have not used any lawyer at all and drafted my application myself.

Overall my application took 15 months to get AIP from the date of submission, and 14 months and a week from AOR date. Its long time but still well within processing timeline.

I have been requested to provide a lot of information in the decision letter like PCC, medicals etc. to be provided within 30 days.

I wish good luck to all those waiting and stay strong. A good news is coming soon with the blessing of Allah. Do not get discourage if no step has been completed in your case. AIP can come even though no step has been completed as in my case.

Good Luck All!
A huge congratulations!! Glory to God in the highest place!

Reactions: stallion1982

ibrahim0175

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Good Morning All and here is a GREAT NEWS!

Off to a great week.

With all the blessings of Allah, I have received my AIP today morning . Here is timeline:

1. Application submitted on June 05, 2023
2. AOR received on June 27, 2023
3. I called to enquire status a week ago and nothing was completed, I mean NOTHING. Info sharing, criminality and background checks were in process for ever.
4. AIP received today (AIP letter is dated September 05, 2024) however received today by email on September 09, 2024
5. Its my first H&C application, not a refugee claimant.
6. I have not used any lawyer at all and drafted my application myself.

Overall my application took 15 months to get AIP from the date of submission, and 14 months and a week from AOR date. Its long time but still well within processing timeline.

I have been requested to provide a lot of information in the decision letter like PCC, medicals etc. to be provided within 30 days.

I wish good luck to all those waiting and stay strong. A good news is coming soon with the blessing of Allah. Do not get discourage if no step has been completed in your case. AIP can come even though no step has been completed as in my case.

Good Luck All!
Congratulations may allah bless you brother,could you tell me the reasons you used in your h and c application?

stallion1982

Star Member
Mar 31, 2023
Congratulations may allah bless you brother,could you tell me the reasons you used in your h and c application?
Thanks Ibrahim!

My application is based on best interest of child (Canadian born) and establishment. I planned to apply for H&C back at the start of year 2023 and started my search on google, youtube etc. and than i came across this forum which i joined in March 2023. I spent alot of time going through the threads and developing my understanding regarding how to apply and write H&C application. Lawyers were asking $4,000 minumum which i could not afford so decided to do it myself. Eventually it is the life story of every body so why paying to a Lawyer if you can write A, B, C yourself (well, i used this argument to convince myself to write it myself as I can not afford a Lawyer lol so not recommended to all :). Being truthful and honest was the strong elements of my application.

Last edited:

ibrahim0175

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Thanks Ibrahim!

My application is based on best interest of child (Canadian born) and establishment. I planned to apply for H&C back at the start of year 2023 and started my search on google, youtube etc. and than i came across this forum which i joined in March 2023. I spent alot of time going through the threads and developing my understanding regarding how to apply and write H&C application. Lawyers were asking $4,000 minumum which i could not afford so decided to do it myself. Eventually it is the life story of every body so why paying to a Lawyer if you can write A, B, C yourself (well, i used this argument to convince myself to write it myself as I can not afford a Lawyer lol so not recommended to all :). Being truthful and honest was the strong elements of my application.
Thank you for your response and the details,I wish you all the best,take care

Reactions: stallion1982

mr.niceGuy10

Aug 25, 2024
congratulations could you share your timeline please and what was your h and c application reasons?
Good afternoon Ibrahim,

My timeline, H&C .

Best interest of the child.

Applied 10 June 2023

Biometric 15 July 2023

AIP 02 August 2024

Requested docs sent 07 august 2024

Waiting for final approval and portals...

Anyone with a timeline after AIP ?

Reactions: ibrahim0175

FNU

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Good afternoon Ibrahim,

My timeline, H&C .

Best interest of the child.

Applied 10 June 2023

Biometric 15 July 2023

AIP 02 August 2024

Requested docs sent 07 august 2024

Waiting for final approval and portals...

Anyone with a timeline after AIP ?
I applied June 30th, no update yet.

idiris

Aug 3, 2023
Hello, I would want to ask, if I already lost status, will I receive deportation letter after submitting H&C application?
submitting a Humanitarian & Compassionate application for permanent residence does not stop removal proceedings (deportation), and if the applicant is in Canada without status, it is possible that they will be removed before a determination on the Humanitarian & Compassionate application is made.

mr.niceGuy10

Aug 25, 2024
No you won't, 100% sure.
Apply for H&C doesn't affect anything on your current status.
The fact of "Applying for H&C" won't do anything... meaning if you have a removal procedure going on already, yes...you can get deported. If you don't have anything going on. during your H&C process and nothing will happen.