+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

idiris

Aug 3, 2023
@idiris okay thank you
You are welcome
Don't forget When you go to your biometrics appointment, you must bring both of the following documents:

your BIL
your passport or The Refugee Protection Claimant Document
To proof your identity.
And also the appointment letter.

ibrahim0175

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Folks

I have applied for permanent residency for a single parent and its based on H and C grounds,its been almost 15 months but still havent received any update from cic yet,just received the AOR,no aip yet,told lawyer to inquire,he submitted a status query a month ago,still no update,involved local MP,still no luck,the only update they gave to local MP office is only criminality is passed, rest hasnt started yet,is it normal?are they purposely ignoring it since its a h and c application for parents?what else I can do from my end to have them atleast look at the file?dealing with cic is very frustrating,they dont care for peoples life,I would appreciate any expert opinion on this

Thanks

Jambol

Jun 24, 2021
Folks

I have applied for permanent residency for a single parent and its based on H and C grounds,its been almost 15 months but still havent received any update from cic yet,just received the AOR,no aip yet,told lawyer to inquire,he submitted a status query a month ago,still no update,involved local MP,still no luck,the only update they gave to local MP office is only criminality is passed, rest hasnt started yet,is it normal?are they purposely ignoring it since its a h and c application for parents?what else I can do from my end to have them atleast look at the file?dealing with cic is very frustrating,they dont care for peoples life,I would appreciate any expert opinion on this

Thanks
Hello ibrahim0175, the processing time is 20 month, and IRCC are very slow in processing now, so just relax and keep on praying for successful. My application is already 24 months and I'm still waiting for 2nd portal since May 2023.

Reactions: ibrahim0175

FNU

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Hello ibrahim0175, the processing time is 20 month, and IRCC are very slow in processing now, so just relax and keep on praying for successful. My application is already 24 months and I'm still waiting for 2nd portal since May 2023.
Hi Jambol, what was the grounds on your case? That’s weird that you are waiting for that long?

Reactions: Robin220

Jambol

Jun 24, 2021
Hi Jambol, what was the grounds on your case? That’s weird that you are waiting for that long?
Best interest of a child, establishment and hardship back home. I ordered for GCMS note, all that was there is Eligibility passed, medical passed, infor shearing in progress, criminality in progress, security not started.

Reactions: FNU

fagsey

Star Member
Dec 18, 2022
Folks

Thanks
Hi @ibrahim0175, i empathize with you but just as @Jambol has said the processing time is 20 month but that does not mean there aren't cases where it stretches over 20 month. since you have involved your MP i would suggest you wait till after 20 month and then send them a webform if you still haven't received your AIP, hopefully you will receive it before then. Mine is over 30 month and nothing has been passed yet so i guess things are a little slower with IRCC, we just have to wait it out and with prayer everything will be fine.

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
Hi @ibrahim0175, i empathize with you but just as @Jambol has said the processing time is 20 month but that does not mean there aren't cases where it stretches over 20 month. since you have involved your MP i would suggest you wait till after 20 month and then send them a webform if you still haven't received your AIP, hopefully you will receive it before then. Mine is over 30 month and nothing has been passed yet so i guess things are a little slower with IRCC, we just have to wait it out and with prayer everything will be fine.
You are waiting for 30 months for stage 1??? Why wont you file a writ of mandamus??

Reactions: Robin220

fagsey

Star Member
Dec 18, 2022
You are waiting for 30 months for stage 1??? Why wont you file a writ of mandamus??
@Kate_20 i would love to do that but i learnt it might take a few month to get it approve plus i will have to pay some money too so it just make sense to wait for them to decide the case, my mp is already on the case so i will give them a few more weeks to see what will happen

Reactions: Kate_20

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
@Kate_20 i would love to do that but i learnt it might take a few month to get it approve plus i will have to pay some money too so it just make sense to wait for them to decide the case, my mp is already on the case so i will give them a few more weeks to see what will happen
Good that makes sense, but do hold them accountable for the processing fee they take from applicants and not doing the work. Imagine if we dont do work whats going to happen to us, we will be fired! They deserve the same...it's not about approval it's about giving answer Yes/No. They say 20 months so do it in 20 months! You cannot play around especially with HC applications - BE HUMAN when you are processing Humanitarian and Compassionate application - and have compassion for not making people wait for years just to hear answer! Unacceptable. Also, what Im seeing recently is the copy- pasted refusal reasons which is also unacceptable. Imagine they are taking years to say NO and they dont even bother checking submission letter or docs they simply use copy pasted reasons when you request notes. Yet they take $$ and time.