+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Mahisharm

Jan 4, 2022
Hi @Taweda!
I am still waiting for CSQ forms as well. We are also waiting for medical forms. In our case, these didn't come with the AIP.
I called MIFI last week but didn't get an answer about it. I believe the person who took my call doesn't know anything about IRCC sending them a CSQ request.

According to IRCC this should be the process after AIP:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/humanitarian-compassionate-consideration/processing/in-canada/consideration-stage-1-approval-canada-request-selection-2.html

Also, this page says that they are processing CSQ requests received on June 25th, but I am not sure if our case falls into this category.
https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/refugees-asylum-seekers/refugees-recognized-in-canada

Also, I found this document, looks like MIFI should send the CSQ package once they are notified.
https://cdn-contenu.quebec.ca/cdn-contenu/adm/min/immigration/publications-adm/gpi/GPI_ch3_sect-3_8_Selection_humanitaire.pdf

I read that since 2022, the processing time for CSQ applications based on humanitarian grounds is 11 months.

https://www.ledevoir.com/societe/729705/immigration-un-document-essentiel-qui-se-fait-attendre
I received CSQ forms after 4 months because agent forgot to inform MIFI . After 2 months I send mail at Niagara about my CSQ then they confirmed me they are sending request to MIFI.

Reactions: eduardlh

FNU

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Hello everyone, does anyone know if I am gonna get new work permit by mail or I will use the old one if my work permit extension is approved?

Robin220

May 15, 2023
Hello
Can someone explain the indication of transferring H&C application from the HM-Vancouver to other department but from the same office? I mean my file is still with primary office which is Vancouver,
File already assigned to officer
Hello

can you share your timeline please

ibrahim0175

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Hi,

I am planning to apply for my parents PR under H&C grounds. I had a few questions that I was seeking answer to.

I am a single dad with young kids (one in KG). My wife passed away about 4 years back and my parents have been staying with since helping raise the kids. They are currently on Supervisa status.
1. Can I apply to change their residency to permanent on the above grounds even though they have Supervisa status.
2. Also, does a rejection of their H&C application lead to cancellation of their Supervisa.
No your parents existing supervisa wouldnt be cancelled but they will get hard time getting another supervisa/visitor visa if your h and c pr application isn’t approved,but since your wife is passed away and it sounds like your kids are very much attached to their grandparents,you have a strong ground,its called best interest of any children,I would say consult your situation with a good h and c lawyer,good luck!!

Ivy.998

Nov 10, 2021
Hi, tried to call auto agent yesterday and today. I got a message after entering all info "to serve you better, we are transferring to speak to an agent ". Anyone have same problem?

need-aip

Jul 11, 2024
Please understand that the employer can't ask you for updated SIN again and again as you can't do anything until the decision is made on your wp application. I suggest you to call IRCC and explain the situation, they will send you a letter on your email which you can share with your existing employer. Done and dusted :)
Hi
@MRawat
I received correspondence letter in my GCKey account.
validity of biometric information
Also Final decision made today
But the application still in process.
My questiion is my application will be approved after correspondence letter.

MRawat

Feb 16, 2024
Hi
@MRawat
I received correspondence letter in my GCKey account.
validity of biometric information
Also Final decision made today
But the application still in process.
My questiion is my application will be approved after correspondence letter.
Hi there,
Great, you will get approval letter followed by the work permit in couple of days.

Reactions: need-aip