+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
I hope they conduct category base draws regularly.
I started my journey in Jan 2021 with a CRS of 482. The draws stopped right then for close to 18 months and then when it restarted I was already down to 477 and then 472. And as you know the scores have never come down to this range after restart. Now the best I can get to is 467 and am at 464 cause of CLB 9. Luckily I fall under the STEM category. So hopefully 464 should do it this time
I hope so too! I think it's important for IRCC to conduct category-specific draws regularly, as this will help to ensure that Canada is able to attract the skilled workers that it needs in specific occupations.

I understand your frustration. It's tough to see the CRS score rise when you've been working hard to improve your profile. However, I think it's important to stay positive and to keep working towards your goal.

I'm sure that you'll be able to get your CRS score up to 467 or higher. If you're in the STEM category, you have a good chance of being invited to apply in the next round of draws.

Just keep working hard and don't give up! I'm sure you'll be able to achieve your dream of living in Canada.

I hope these tips help!

Reactions: Shravan_Kumar

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I hope they conduct category base draws regularly.
I started my journey in Jan 2021 with a CRS of 482. The draws stopped right then for close to 18 months and then when it restarted I was already down to 477 and then 472. And as you know the scores have never come down to this range after restart. Now the best I can get to is 467 and am at 464 cause of CLB 9. Luckily I fall under the STEM category. So hopefully 464 should do it this time
Been there on the same boat as you do. Missed my ITA by 1 point in 2020. Decided to learn french as soon as they paused the draws. Lost 5 points 3x times in due to age, but still made it with a 510+ score :). Keep working on your CRS, will be worth it in the long term. I don't regret going over the board, but I do regret wasting my time in 2019 and 2020.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
So basically non-healthcare, non tech people are gonna have a way harder time getting an invite. Makes sense, they haven't closed the door to them but definitely the bar is a lot higher.

The outcome will be more tech talent to fill vacancies but that will probably depress wages to a certain extent although its hard to say - maybe more jobs will come to Canada due to availability of talent?

For those, non-tech, not healthcare less competition = higher wages in the long term

Reactions: RSub

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
At this point I'm making honor at the first part of your name haha.

Anyways, I got an Arrima invitation already, but I want to see If I can get that EE ITA.
ARRIMA is Quebec right? Trust me, if you can, go for EE. Your life will be 100X easier plus you won't be stuck in that regressive province

Reactions: Shadow09

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
ARRIMA is Quebec right? Trust me, if you can, go for EE. Your life will be 100X easier plus you won't be stuck in that regressive province
I do like quebec actually, but it is true about the processing times.

Anyways, I truly hope that the score descends to 480, but, still, I suppose that there is an Ontario tech draw nearby and I could also receive an invitation there

Reactions: Jazkh

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019

Anyways, I truly hope that the score descends to 480, but, still, I suppose that there is an Ontario tech draw nearby and I could also receive an invitation there
Thank you. Is that your score?

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020

It will be interesting to see how the OINP Tech draw looks like now. STEM will essentially take their target candidates. So I am assuming they will have their cutoff at a little lower range than the STEM Cutoff.
My assumption is a high 470 cutoff for STEM. Best of luck

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
It will be interesting to see how the OINP Tech draw looks like now. STEM will essentially take their target candidates. So I am assuming they will have their cutoff at a little lower range than the STEM Cutoff.
475 and above or 478 and above?

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
OINP's Feb 2nd tech draw invited everyone >= 481, then IRCC made a 481 draw at the end of March, by when only few got and accepted their province nomination. I assume the next STEM draw is likely going to sabotage OINP's May 5th tech draw as well.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
OINP's Feb 2nd tech draw invited everyone >= 481, then IRCC made a 481 draw at the end of March, by when only few got and accepted their province nomination. I assume the next STEM draw is likely going to sabotage OINP's May 5th tech draw as well.
Gives OINP more of a reason to align with the STEM cutoff and make sure their cutoff is below it. Otherwise EE will keep picking their candidates.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Gives OINP more of a reason to align with the STEM cutoff and make sure their cutoff is below it. Otherwise EE will keep picking their candidates.
Well being honest OINP has never been good at picking candidates.

I remember that during the pandemic they kept inviting people with score of 469 just because the last All programs draw was at that score. So many people like me with more than 469 didn't receive an invitation....

It was a disaster.... having a score too high for Ontario, but too low for express entry, and, meanwhile CEC with score of 75 were also receiving invitations. We were trapped in a hell.

Thank you. Is that your score?
it is yes.