+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hey everyone, Ive refrained from commenting here for a few weeks, or maybe a month or so.

Im at 480 now. I need an all program fsw draw at either 480 or below. What are your thoughts on this?
It is the possible-impossible type situation to be honest. If IRCC reduces pool size, you've difficulties ahead. Is there nothing that you can do to improve your CRS? You are only 5-8 points behind, I guess there'd be some space for CRS improvement.

Reactions: Jazkh

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hey everyone, Ive refrained from commenting here for a few weeks, or maybe a month or so.

Im at 480 now. I need an all program fsw draw at either 480 or below. What are your thoughts on this?
The CRS cut-off score for the all-program draws has been hovering around 480 in recent weeks, so it's possible that you could get an invitation to apply with your current score. However, it's also possible that the cut-off score could go up, so there's no guarantee.

I wish you the best of luck in your immigration journey!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

So my thoughts are it depends on how badly you want PR. If it's a huge priority for you, then I focus on increasing your score. For example, learn French. If getting PR is important to you but not critical, then you can sit and wait and hope for the best.

gschostack

Star Member
Sep 12, 2021
I’m a doctor, and to get the equivalence of my diploma, I have to send it to the medical council of Canada. Both my diploma and history were translated by the medical council. This translations are valid for the express entry process, or should I translate them again?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
I’m a doctor, and to get the equivalence of my diploma, I have to send it to the medical council of Canada. Both my diploma and history were translated by the medical council. This translations are valid for the express entry process, or should I translate them again?
The translations that you have done through the Medical Council of Canada (MCC) are valid for the Express Entry process. The MCC is a recognized translation agency by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), so you do not need to have your documents translated again.

However, it is important to note that the MCC's translations are only valid for the purpose of getting your medical degree assessed by the MCC. If you are applying for a permanent residency visa through Express Entry, you will also need to have your documents translated by a certified translation agency. This is because IRCC requires that all documents submitted with an Express Entry application be translated into English or French.

You can find a list of certified translation agencies on the IRCC website. When choosing a translation agency, it is important to make sure that they are accredited by the Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council (CTTIC).

Once you have received the translated documents, you can submit them with your Express Entry application.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: gschostack

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #253– July 4, 2023

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

No Program Specified

Number of invitations issued:
700Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 700 or above

Date and time of round: July 04, 2023 14:23:38 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 511

Tie-breaking rule: July 01, 2023 09:31:32 UTC

If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #253– July 4, 2023

No Program Specified

700Footnote*

If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
Wow! That's a reduced draw size for "No program specified" draw. Let's see if that's a pattern they'll follow moving forward.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020

No Program Specified

700Footnote*

Looks like 1500 to healthcare and around 1500 to 2000 to STEM draws incoming tomorrow.
Will be interesting to see the Cutoff scores. With 500 itself the healthcare Cutoff went to 476, this might very well take it into the 450s.
I am in the STEM category with 464. Seems the wait will continue for some more time.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Looks like 1500 to healthcare and around 1500 to 2000 to STEM draws incoming tomorrow.
Will be interesting to see the Cutoff scores. With 500 itself the healthcare Cutoff went to 476, this might very well take it into the 450s.
I am in the STEM category with 464. Seems the wait will continue for while longer.
Have they said anything about the frequency of category draws yet? I'd not discard the idea that these category specific could be very infrequent draws (e.g. after every 2-3 months) too.

Also, wouldn't be unreasonable to expect that there are a lot more people in the pool with STEM NOC codes as compared to healthcare NOC codes. Next few weeks are going to be interesting to watch.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
Have they said anything about the frequency of category draws yet? I'd not discard the idea that these category specific could be very infrequent draws (e.g. after every 2-3 months) too.

Also, wouldn't be unreasonable to expect that there are a lot more people in the pool with STEM NOC codes as compared to healthcare NOC codes. Next few weeks are going to be interesting to watch.
Sean Fraser did mention that the first STEM draw will be on 5th July and another 1500 healthcare ITAs will be issued this week.
Going by the general draw size of 700, looks like these are incoming tomorrow.
What will come after this is anybody's guess.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Sean Fraser did mention that the first STEM draw will be on 5th July and another 1500 healthcare ITAs will be issued this week.
Going by the general draw size of 700, looks like these are incoming tomorrow.
What will come after this is anybody's guess.
That's right, Minister Fraser did mention that the first STEM draw would be on July 5th and that another 1500 healthcare ITAs would be issued this week.

It's anyone's guess what will come after this, but I think it's likely that we will see more category-specific draws in the coming months. IRCC has said that they are committed to attracting skilled workers to Canada, and these draws are a way to do that.

I'm also interested to see how the category-specific draws impact the CRS score. It's possible that the CRS score will rise as more people apply for permanent residence under these programs. However, it's also possible that the CRS score will remain relatively stable, as IRCC may adjust the criteria for these draws.

Only time will tell what the future holds for the Express Entry system, but I think it's clear that the category-specific draws are a positive development. These draws will help to ensure that Canada is able to attract the skilled workers that it needs to grow its economy.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
That's right, Minister Fraser did mention that the first STEM draw would be on July 5th and that another 1500 healthcare ITAs would be issued this week.

It's anyone's guess what will come after this, but I think it's likely that we will see more category-specific draws in the coming months. IRCC has said that they are committed to attracting skilled workers to Canada, and these draws are a way to do that.

I'm also interested to see how the category-specific draws impact the CRS score. It's possible that the CRS score will rise as more people apply for permanent residence under these programs. However, it's also possible that the CRS score will remain relatively stable, as IRCC may adjust the criteria for these draws.

Only time will tell what the future holds for the Express Entry system, but I think it's clear that the category-specific draws are a positive development. These draws will help to ensure that Canada is able to attract the skilled workers that it needs to grow its economy.
I hope they conduct category base draws regularly.
I started my journey in Jan 2021 with a CRS of 482. The draws stopped right then for close to 18 months and then when it restarted I was already down to 477 and then 472. And as you know the scores have never come down to this range after restart. Now the best I can get to is 467 and am at 464 cause of CLB 9. Luckily I fall under the STEM category. So hopefully 464 should do it this time