Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Zero reason to give PR to under 400, unless they are skilled trade. If there is demand for their skill, they will get PNP.
I mean they gave PR's to CEC folks with 75. I still don't get how someone can score 75.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I mean they gave PR's to CEC folks with 75. I still don't get how someone can score 75.
That was only because of covid excuse. Only way they would meet the year’s target. Any draw now will be for next year so there is no rush on that.

Canada extends flight ban on Morocco

Any idea what the poor Morocco did to p*ss off Canada?
It’s probably same as India ban. Untrustworthy covid tests. They will probably extend until they can get a lab approved.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
44 year old.
IELTS (5.5L/5R/5W/5S)
1 year work experience in NOC B in Canada
No degree, no canadian partner, no canadian relative no nothing.

Thats what a CSR 76 CEC will look like. Basically, someone who came with someone else on a spouse open work permit or something and had a break up of their marriage or their partner passed away. Now they are getting by barely in Canada as a cook or farm supervisor or something similar.

Reactions: bluehorse and RSub

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
How is the now infamous 75 CEC different from the several <700 PNP draws and ITAs?
Low pnp score at least means the person is in demand. Imagine a 50 year old truck driver who has worked in a province in need. I am sure the UK would love to have him/her.

Reactions: Lc4life

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
44 year old.
IELTS (5.5L/5R/5W/5S)
1 year work experience in NOC B in Canada
No degree, no canadian partner, no canadian relative no nothing.

Thats what a CSR 76 CEC will look like. Basically, someone who came with someone else on a spouse open work permit or something and had a break up of their marriage or their partner passed away. Now they are getting by barely in Canada as a cook or farm supervisor or something similar.
That's sad. Basically, a freeloader gets a PR over someone who is young, ready to start a family, pay high taxes, and not depend on Gov money. That's sad on all levels. I don't mind cooks and farmworkers getting it because it helps the local economy especially rural parts of the country where nobody wanna go live. But the freeloaders who need bonner pills...Damn son.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Low pnp score at least means the person is in demand. Imagine a 50 year old truck driver who has worked in a province in need. I am sure the UK would love to have him/her.
The US is facing a truck driver shortage. Nike and Costco announced a huge shortage of sales is expected due to the lack of truck drivers who will transport products from the 62 ships waiting in California port. I keep saying Truck drivers are as important as a doctor in Western Countries.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Good! So how does that truck driver reasoning not feature in the collective thoughts around here when discussing 75 CECs. Actually, there's a huge truckdriver shortage in western Canada as well. Hardly a day I dont see a "Come drive for us" sticker behind a truck in the last couple months.

Reactions: RSub

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
The US is facing a truck driver shortage. Nike and Costco announced a huge shortage of sales is expected due to the lack of truck drivers who will transport products from the 62 ships waiting in California port. I keep saying Truck drivers are as important as a doctor in Western Countries.
At the same time these are very ‘endangered occupations’ at the risk of extinction in the near future due to the imminent automation of many mechanical processes. Self-driving trucks are already a thing in some very advanced societies

Reactions: Tristan-XI and RSub

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Good! So how does that truck driver reasoning not feature in the collective thoughts around here when discussing 75 CECs. Actually, there's a huge truckdriver shortage in western Canada as well. Hardly a day I dont see a "Come drive for us" sticker behind a truck in the last couple months.
Because that truck driver is in demand enough for a province to sponsor him, while a 75 CEC is a worthless piece of garbage.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
My stepfather is a truck driver in Texas. There is no lack of job, but no one wants it because it’s a pretty shit environment. The people he recruits to work with him are new PR who want a way to make good money fast, but they leave after 2 years when they have enough savings and go to a calmer job. If you want to make enough deliveries to make money as a truck driver, your hours are mostly graveyard shift. Anything other than that you will spend most of your time in traffic.

Reactions: RSub