+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Because that truck driver is in demand enough for a province to sponsor him, while a 75 CEC is a worthless piece of garbage.
No CEC can’t be a peace of garbage.
You need to have at least 1 year of SKILLED work experience to apply for CEC.
I am not sure who was that person with score 75 but he must be a hero suffered here for ages. Like someone who is 65 and somehow managing to get 1 year of canadian work experience.
Lets be kind to each other. People follow different path for immigration and go through different difficulties.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
No CEC can’t be a peace of garbage.
You need to have at least 1 year of SKILLED work experience to apply for CEC.
I am not sure who was that person with score 75 but he must be a hero suffered here for ages. Like someone who is 65 and somehow managing to get 1 year of canadian work experience.
Lets be kind to each other. People follow different path for immigration and go through different difficulties.
Well, there are many ways in which life "makes love tenderly" to us. Sometimes, it messes us up in very unexpected ways. A couple comes here on work permit and the spouse with more point passes away is just one possibility. So, yes, this particular draw has been a lottery for some of these folks.

But then, it also undermines the purpose of this entire exercise. It now creates two express entries : one for those who are in Canada and one for all other. Till now, Express Entry platform was common, CSR ranking was common. The system was fair in the sense, if you had good CSR score it would have invited you. Now, you need to have good CSR score and need to be in Canada to get an invite.

The possible kindness of unfortunate is coming out of an accident and at the cost of eligible folks whose only fault was that they were outside Canada. This is no kindness, this is unfairness.

From Canadian's point of view, unfair is acceptable so long their pragmatic goal of landing a certain number of immigrants per year is met. I mean, almost all of FSW folks can accept that the system right now is not fair to them and possibly live with it (they don't have any choice in this matter in the first place) but then when they hear the "extra suitability" of CEC from some weirdly entitled folks, it feels weird.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
I don't know why so many people are blaming the CECers for this fiasco or speaking ill of them. The IRCC and the Canadian government are solely to be blamed for the catastrophic delays and the complete lack of communication. The CECers are just unintended beneficiaries. Any anger should be directed towards the IRCC.

The IRCC is to be blamed on two counts at least:

1) For those awaiting ITAs, the IRCC is to be blamed for creating and maintaining an expectation that there would be regular draws. They maintain this illusion by still accepting profiles which means people spending a lot of time/money.

2) For those waiting for PPRs, the IRCC is to be blamed for not delivering on a de-facto promise - timely processing of applications unless there is adequate cause. The COVID excuse has been dead and buried for a long time now. The fact that they've provided no reasonable explanation or timeline to us only adds to this.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
I think that huge CEC draws was a political move. They stopped massive CEC invites long time ago. Last time they invited 4500 CEC was in JULY.
After they invited only 3000 in August twice plus 2000 on September 14.
We can see they reduce CEC invitations and I am sure they just concentrate to clear the backlog.
Right now the main program is backlog. They have so many applications to process so it is pointless to open FSW before the backlog is cleared.
I am inland EE PNP almost a year post AOR. Guess what? My Eligibility NOT started. So whats a point for them to invite more people if they are overwhelmed with processing old files?
But I see a positive note here-they reduced invitation so they can clear backlog. Once it is cleared they will open open draws.

Reactions: nns14 and PRANIT01

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I don't know why so many people are blaming the CECers for this fiasco or speaking ill of them. The IRCC and the Canadian government are solely to be blamed for the catastrophic delays and the complete lack of communication. The CECers are just unintended beneficiaries. Any anger should be directed towards the IRCC.

1) For those awaiting ITAs, the IRCC is to be blamed for creating and maintaining an expectation that there would be regular draws. They maintain this illusion by still accepting profiles which means people spending a lot of time/money.

2) For those waiting for PPRs, the IRCC is to be blamed for not delivering on a de-facto promise - timely processing of applications unless there is adequate cause. The COVID excuse has been dead and buried for a long time now. The fact that they've provided no reasonable explanation or timeline to us only adds to this.
Blame is a strong word I don't think anyone blames CEC for their troubles.
I think the main issue is their show offs and entitlement like "finally "
I pay taxes so I deserve it more than you.
I think ghat is what triggers people.
I personally don't have anything against them .I believe everyone who works hard / smart irrespective of what ever they do deserves a fair chance to succeed in life. So I don't have any issues with them .Even Ircc their country their rules but the silence is the issue.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Well, I am a CEC stream applicant and I have no power to control who gets invited or who gets processed first. None at all obviously.
That said, I do not agree when someone whose application is under CEC says "We pay taxes so we deserve to be invited" or "We deserve faster processing because we are more suited for Canada because we are living here". That is what ticks me off.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I think that huge CEC draws was a political move. They stopped massive CEC invites long time ago. Last time they invited 4500 CEC was in JULY.
After they invited only 3000 in August twice plus 2000 on September 14.
We can see they reduce CEC invitations and I am sure they just concentrate to clear the backlog.
Right now the main program is backlog. They have so many applications to process so it is pointless to open FSW before the backlog is cleared.
I am inland EE PNP almost a year post AOR. Guess what? My Eligibility NOT started. So whats a point for them to invite more people if they are overwhelmed with processing old files?
But I see a positive note here-they reduced invitation so they can clear backlog. Once it is cleared they will open open draws.
I once ran some numbers.

To process a PR application, very simplistically, Canada has to spend money. The fee does not fully fund the process. Now they are left with few choices :

1. Increase fee to the point they break even. I think Australia follows this pattern.
2. Lower number of immigrants and reduce their processing burden and hence cost.
3. Increase the budget.
4. Let the applications pile up. Let processing take time.

2 will not sit well with many businesses here... They need people. Not to mention, Canada herself needs people because wages here are not super high so they have to dangle the carrot of easy PR to lure young workers.

3 will not sit well common people in Canada and especially old peole who want every penny for their care. And they vote.

so, its 1 or 4. they took 4. Because obvious comprison is with US whose PR process is so shit that if you apply, there is a thin chance your grandkids may get PR. So 4 it will be. PR applicants cannt vote so perfect!

Reactions: ita_drgen and upon

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I once ran some numbers.

To process a PR application, very simplistically, Canada has to spend money. The fee does not fully fund the process. Now they are left with few choices :

1. Increase fee to the point they break even. I think Australia follows this pattern.
2. Lower number of immigrants and reduce their processing burden and hence cost.
3. Increase the budget.

2 will not sit well with many businesses here... They need people. Not to mention, Canada herself needs people because wages here are not super high so they have to dangle the carrot of easy PR to lure young workers.

3 will not sit well common people in Canada and especially old peole who want every penny for their care. And they vote.

so, its 1 or 4. they took 4. Because obvious comprison is with US whose PR process is so shit that if you apply, there is a thin chance your grandkids may get PR. So 4 it will be. PR applicants cannt vote so perfect!
The Conservatives were ready to go with option 1

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
The Conservatives were ready to go with option 1
Indeed. It is an option but Liberals want to continue with 4. Because you know the classic liberal communist move? We all suffer equally!

• Haha
Reactions: upon

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
My current score is 468
Will loose points in January due to age
What are my chances
I think once they resume the ITAs to FSW, you have a more than decent chance. At 463, its not very low. If they are going to invite 400K PRs next year, you stand a more than a decent chance to be invited. Not in the first few rounds but still very much there. If there are rounds of 5000 folks each 14 days, you stand a pretty decent chance.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html#wb-auto-4

Look at page 4 and 5.

Reactions: Tristan-XI

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
I once ran some numbers.

3. Increase the budget.

Actually not. They are almost on track to land 401 000 this year. In June and July they broke records with EE landings in history. Right now they process and land people with the fastest speed ever.

Reactions: Lc4life