+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

soccer_007

Oct 7, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html

Ministerial instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system

Canadian Experience Class

Number of invitations issued:
3,000Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,000 or above

Date and time of round: May 31, 2024 at12:48:30 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 522

Tie-breaking rule: March 19, 2024 at 18:58:58 UTC

If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I feel each country has its pros and cons. I don't know much about Punjab which gets joked about a lot in this thread or what it means, but I agree immigrants seem to bring problems from their countries here. I sometimes get very confused with some of the very poor behaviors of the Gaza supporters in Toronto or the USA universities, a lot of it seems to be deep-rooted with religious protectionism and hatred for other religions.

Leaving that part aside my bone of contention with Canada is the current pay level vs affordability/cost of living. As one of the folks in this forum pointed out, to have a living your dream kind of life - a decent-sized house, nice car, eat out or party, partake in themselves or send kids to sports and other classes, go on vacations.... for all this the family needs 400k CAD per year. I agree mostly with him/her who said that, in my research also a family needs 250k CAD as a hygiene factor to afford most regular stuff in Vancouver or Toronto. Earning such pay levels is not easy and most jobs don't give that. I feel firms seem to use the advantage of new immigrants or temp residents joining at lower than market pay to suppress wages overall.

But hey even in the USA other than a few fields IT, Hitech Manufacturing, Pharma, Biotech, Lifesciences, and Medical fields most other jobs suck concerning pay, if one has to live in NY or CA or WA it will be as bad as Canada or even worse. The USA has more problems if you ask me, health care, gun violence usually, now the political division is the worst we all have seen.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I feel each country has its pros and cons. I don't know much about Punjab which gets joked about a lot in this thread or what it means, but I agree immigrants seem to bring problems from their countries here. I sometimes get very confused with some of the very poor behaviors of the Gaza supporters in Toronto or the USA universities, a lot of it seems to be deep-rooted with religious protectionism and hatred for other religions.

Leaving that part aside my bone of contention with Canada is the current pay level vs affordability/cost of living. As one of the folks in this forum pointed out, to have a living your dream kind of life - a decent-sized house, nice car, eat out or party, partake in themselves or send kids to sports and other classes, go on vacations.... for all this the family needs 400k CAD per year. I agree mostly with him/her who said that, in my research also a family needs 250k CAD as a hygiene factor to afford most regular stuff in Vancouver or Toronto. Earning such pay levels is not easy and most jobs don't give that. I feel firms seem to use the advantage of new immigrants or temp residents joining at lower than market pay to suppress wages overall.

But hey even in the USA other than a few fields IT, Hitech Manufacturing, Pharma, Biotech, Lifesciences, and Medical fields most other jobs suck concerning pay, if one has to live in NY or CA or WA it will be as bad as Canada or even worse. The USA has more problems if you ask me, health care, gun violence usually, now the political division is the worst we all have seen.
I visited a small town in UK two months ago (Didcot). It is a village, far from London, slightly close to Oxford. Price of a decent home was 400k-500k pounds. Inflation, COL issues, etc are everywhere for lower-middle class and below. Most people are extremely ignorant about how global these issues really are(COL issues are in India, AU, UK, etc too) and blame it on someone/something. I've even seen my American colleagues complain about how much someone should earn to survive in X city - these things are so prevalent. I've a Senior PM from NYC who's going to be a lifelong renter despite earning $200k+ and similar comps for his wife - they don't whine though.

Canada is a great country, a nice peaceful one for us to live and enjoy. But Canada has a whiner's trap. Everyone whines, but no one does anything. For example, no houses = whining, rezoning of a golf course for housing = whining.

Canada's biggest issue is no real economy. That's a result of Canadians not doing anything. I've not seen a Punjabi coming in and deterring people from starting businesses or upskilling themselves. Housing is the only thing that's getting hammered because of immigrants, but people absolutely not innovating/working hard/etc has nothing to do with it.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html

Ministerial instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system

Canadian Experience Class

Number of invitations issued:
3,000Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,000 or above

Date and time of round: May 31, 2024 at12:48:30 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 522

Tie-breaking rule: March 19, 2024 at 18:58:58 UTC

If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
Good for those who got their invites! Cheers!

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Canada's biggest issue is no real economy. That's a result of Canadians not doing anything. I've not seen a Punjabi coming in and deterring people from starting businesses or upskilling themselves. Housing is the only thing that's getting hammered because of immigrants, but people absolutely not innovating/working hard/etc has nothing to do with it.
I agree on the economy part, although for Canada's defense, whenever Canada tries to innovate in a certain industry, the US just gobbles it up. Either they get bought up by an American company, or forced to go to the US or re-establish there to access more capital and market. I remember hearing from a commentary that big-shot Canadian politicians are disclosing the "properties" they own, while big-shot American politicians are disclosing the "company stocks" that they own, just goes to show you that even Canada's rich and powerful prefer to put their money in properties rather than businesses. I don't really get it, but that's how Canadians roll.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
From what I know about Canadian work permits, it's clearly written that "you must leave Canada by xxx date". What part of the word "temporary" do these guys don't understand!

When I was a student in Europe, people would've laughed and giggled at me if I decided to do a hunger strike to gain immigration status. But you're right. The pandora box has now been opened. Expect widespread hunger strikes all across Canada and then after a few days the Canadian government will cave in and grant PGWP extensions to all the diploma mill students and then eventually a PR too. This wouldn't be possible anywhere in the world, but somehow the government in Canada are not looking at the consequences of their actions and the precedent they're setting. This is such a slap on the face of people who work hard for their PR by working in STEM, learning French from scratch or strategically choosing their study permit courses to align themselves better with category based draws or CEC. What's the point of it all? Why even work hard when you can act like a bunch of toddlers and blackmail a foreign government into giving you a status?

We all have made sacrifices to get our PRs and it's extremely wrong that the government has caved in to this type of intimidation.

abhiram.kumar

Dec 7, 2018
Well whatever they do, the actual immigration minister can do jackshit or won’t budge. Like I said before, the math isn’t there. There are over 2 million temporary visa holders and over 160,000 economic class PR spots. He’s not going to extend their permits nor is everyone who wants PR, going to actually get it. The only way this works is if they increase their economic class quota to a million and they stop inviting people from outside. The Liberal idiots will be long gone by then. Everyone in Canada hates the liberals and they’re about to lose Quebec to the conservatives. Roflmao. That’s how pathetic they’re doing.

Reactions: Hopeful007

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
Well whatever they do, the actual immigration minister can do jackshit or won’t budge. Like I said before, the math isn’t there. There are over 2 million temporary visa holders and over 160,000 economic class PR spots. He’s not going to extend their permits nor is everyone who wants PR, going to actually get it. The only way this works is if they increase their economic class quota to a million and they stop inviting people from outside. The Liberal idiots will be long gone by then. Everyone in Canada hates the liberals and they’re about to lose Quebec to the conservatives. Roflmao. That’s how pathetic they’re doing.
They will probably keep on extending their work permits until they eventually qualify for a PR status. Who knew hunger strikes can be this effective in Canada. I wouldn't even be surprised if they increased the quota and directly granted them a PR. Nothing is out of question now.

abhiram.kumar

Dec 7, 2018
I agree on the economy part, although for Canada's defense, whenever Canada tries to innovate in a certain industry, the US just gobbles it up. Either they get bought up by an American company, or forced to go to the US or re-establish there to access more capital and market. I remember hearing from a commentary that big-shot Canadian politicians are disclosing the "properties" they own, while big-shot American politicians are disclosing the "company stocks" that they own, just goes to show you that even Canada's rich and powerful prefer to put their money in properties rather than businesses. I don't really get it, but that's how Canadians roll.
This is the biggest fallacy held by the Canadian government and Canadian businesses. Trying or aiming to compete with the US. It’s foolish and unproductive. Canada doesn’t have the population, geographical conditions and history to compete with the US. Neither do other western countries. This focus on trying to build a wide variety of industries on the scale of the US, has not resulted in any net benefit to Canada. In fact, it’s costed a lot of money to Canada for absolutely no economic advantages. As a relatively small country, the focus should have been to develop a globally competitive niche in natural resources, auto manufacturing, IT and nuclear. Canada has competitive advantages in these industries but instead of developing these industries further, the government is trying to throw money at everything with the expectation that something will work.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Stop scaring the new guy! :D There are some things out there impacting our image for sure. I've gotten nothing but love from fellow Canadians so far and things don't look as bad. But, I heard that Calgarians are more friendly compared to folks in BC or ON(been to BC and ON, but I found everyone welcoming, but my time there was limited). My friends and colleagues in BC and ON haven't encountered any hate either.

Tbh, in my list of things to worry about as an Indian immigrant(or any immigrant) - mosquito bites in Calgary >>>> immigrant hate.

Reactions: santosh.dh

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Well yes, because the LEAVE CANADA BY XYZ is becomes invalidated once they change status, see clause (5). Whether you transition from student -> worker -> tourist -> worker -> student, it's ok because it's nullifies the first leave by date. BUT that means you have to APPLY, so if a student was too lazy to APPLY for a work permit, their original LEAVE CANADA BY XYZ data remains valid.

Extension of period authorized for stay

(5) Subject to subsection (5.1), if a temporary resident has applied for an extension of the period authorized for their stay and a decision is not made on the application by the end of the period authorized for their stay, the period is extended until
  • (a) the day on which a decision is made, if the application is refused; or
  • (b) the end of the new period authorized for their stay, if the application is allowed.
This is incomplete understanding. This applies ONLY in extension scenario. A person may very well be eligible for more than one status. For instance someone
a. Arrives on a closed Work Permit P1.

b. Marries a Canadian or PR within Canada after arrival and obtains an open work permit P2 based on Spouse immigration application.
OR
b. Marries a Study Permit holder in Canada who arrived before them and obtains an open work permit P2 based on Spouse Open Work Permit.
OR
b. Obtains a LMIA based job offer with in Canada and obtains another closed work permit P2 based on that job.
OR
b. Obtains a PNP based work permit support letter and obtains another closed work permit P2 based on that.
PR
b. Is promoted by their employer and their job title / NOC changes signifiantly that they need a new work permit. P2 will reflect their new NOC and possibly a new expiry date. (I know this happened for me). P1 will still remains valid.

In any of these cases he will have two work permit P1 and P2 with two indepedent expiry dates and neither will cancel or invalidate other. Infact it is not even guarenteed that expiry date of P2 will always be after P1. Such a person can stay in Canada till either of their work permit remain valid.

As such the condition on these work permits will be contradictory as P1 will say "Must Leave Canada by XYZ date" while P2 will say "Must Leave Canada by PQR date". One of the dates will come before other. Since there is no extension involved clause 5 will not apply. And this means, there is a misrepresentation in conditions. Since a new work permit is issued independently, older work permit does not get invalidated nor its .

It depends, which people would wise up? If it's the immigrants and temporary residents, what are they going to do about it? vote the government out to change these policies? If it's the Canadians, then you have to make a case why this kind of "wreck" is disadvantageous to them, which is hard especially for the native born one who likely doesn't experience this kind of VISA hopscotching. For the Canadians, they consider immigrants to drive up the value of their properties, make sure that education is cheap for them, and pay income taxes to sustain their healthcare system, so it's not surprising they want more. Case in point, if we didn't have any rental housing crisis that affected the quality of life of native Canadians, IRCC wouldn't even think of reducing international student population.
Thankfully, functioning courts are there to address exactly these kind of situations. They will overturn such decisions and policies. It has happened in the past. They include "Certified Questions" in such cases for higher courts to comment and at times courts have found government policies and laws to be incorrect or interpreted incorrectly. Lawyers have a full time job to research such things.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Stop scaring the new guy! :D There are some things out there impacting our image for sure. I've gotten nothing but love from fellow Canadians so far and things don't look as bad. But, I heard that Calgarians are more friendly compared to folks in BC or ON(been to BC and ON, but I found everyone welcoming, but my time there was limited). My friends and colleagues in BC and ON haven't encountered any hate either.

Tbh, in my list of things to worry about as an Indian immigrant(or any immigrant) - mosquito bites in Calgary >>>> immigrant hate.
Well good old bribing always works. I typically wish my neighbours and exchange gifts on appropriate occassions. I am also allowing my neighbour to park his RV in my uncovered parking (which I am not going to use anyways, I have another covered parking). The building inspector dude told me that once storm drains should be cleaned (like once in 10 years or so), so I got them cleaned.

Total expense on me right now is much less than 1000 dollars. For retirees (that is all of my neighbours), it seems to be a very nice gesture. I have never heard of them complaining about my boy not sleeping and moving around during night. I still need to get some more rugs for muffling the sound but thats a project for another day.

Another simple thing is to keep your yard clean and nice. It keeps your house value up and it keeps their real estate values up.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Wow then you found some very good ones ,I worked for a big retailer you should see the behavior of the people there appalling nothing else to say ,man they don't even say a hi to you I am talking about people working in the same office one day I saw some one treating a Brazilian PM like crap because je has an accent,then I went to the next one that is even worse we have some one in my current work place who will only tell a hi to white people cool right, I am talking my personal experience, definitely not everyone is like that met plenty of good ones as well but sometimes I feel what kind of people are this after living for 2 years I still find this people weird.
Your and mine experiences are so so different. From work to my neighborhood - everything has been very lovely so far. Hope Canada gives you better experiences. Your workplace sounds like a terrible one for sure. I guess, I'm very cutthroat at work, so people don't try to pull anything with me.