+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Yeah, it means no more PGWP extensions. I'm part of some WhatsApp and FB groups, where people are updating that they are losing the statuses but no news about PGWP, TR to PR, or the most debated CEC specific draws (lamdas are still hopeful that there is gonna be a massive CEC specific draw)
Good. IRCC has been too forgiving to undeserving candidates for too long that many expected automatic PR. Those who followed rules, planned ahead, attained high points deserve PR compared to short thinking lamdas

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
I think, back of the napkin math stuff here, it is more short term profitable+stimulating for an economy to keep bringing to new international students instead of extending PGWPs of current ones.
New person: Brings a big amount of cash, purchases new stuff to settle down, travelling and exploration, new car, higher insurance etc.
Person already here: Basics and necessities only for survival.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I think, back of the napkin math stuff here, it is more short term profitable+stimulating for an economy to keep bringing to new international students instead of extending PGWPs of current ones.
New person: Brings a big amount of cash, purchases new stuff to settle down, travelling and exploration, new car, higher insurance etc.
Person already here: Basics and necessities only for survival.
Correct. Those who are still on PGWP upon expiry are at the bottom of the barrel. If you think about the 100+ ways of getting PR, these losers either aren't smart enough, motivated enough or aren't cunning enough. Basically a not very productive individual

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
But I don't understand why it has suddenly become so easy to get a Tourist visa for Canada. I know so many people who have come here on a visit visa, got a taste for 6 months and happily returned back.
Those who did not return "figured out" a way to get LMIAs. I am genuinely curious to see what the 2024 numbers will be like especially now because they have been so much information relayed back home.
Even Ask Kubeir is sounding a little bearish nowadays.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
But I don't understand why it has suddenly become so easy to get a Tourist visa for Canada. I know so many people who have come here on a visit visa, got a taste for 6 months and happily returned back.
Those who did not return "figured out" a way to get LMIAs. I am genuinely curious to see what the 2024 numbers will be like especially now because they have been so much information relayed back home.
If you pay 20-30K for LMIA, you don't have to study for 2 years + living costs and start earning instantly. Good for experienced professionals. The downside is if LMIA rejected then you are screwed.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
IRCC is using some AI tool to automate decisions for visit visas and people who would never get a vistor visa are slipping through.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
They came from other Western countries, where the norms are much closer to Canada's. India is a developing country with a different culture and norms, and everyone wants to escape it because of what a mess it is. Look at how minorities are persecuted, look at the rampant corruption, look at how unclean it is.
China of 90s and 00s (the duration where maximum Chinese immigration happened) was not really upto the western "norms". Iranians and Chinese do not have same culture as British and Scottish Old Growth Canadians.

And even Ukranians do not share same language and culture as Canadians. Eastern europeans have a distinct culture and norms. Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Regina have large proportion of Ukranian population.

So I do not buy the norm and culture part. Skin color may be but these are not the same people or even same culture. The fact they also like to live closely shows they have similar ghetto like behaviour that Iranians, Chinese and Indians have.

everyone wants to escape it because of what a mess it is. Look at how minorities are persecuted, look at the rampant corruption, look at how unclean it is.

Obviously bringing in lower and lower class people from a country with these problems is going to lower the living standards of people in Canada. Look at what a mess a lot of these international students made during Diwali celebrations in Brampton.
I fail to understand why do you claim these conditions to be specific to India? China has similar issue. Iran too. A large part of Africa as well. So should Canada shutdown immigration from these "undersiable" parts of the world? Even if you try to diversify, you will not be able to weed out such situations. And, no, europe with its aging population can not keep on sending its young folks to Canada.

And no once more, it is NOT obvious as why the folks coming specifically from India are the issue, and how come so called "diversifying" going to solve this? In Canada practically ALL communities display ghetto kind of behaviour by sticking close of their fellow ethnic folks.

As far as diwali celebration goes, I can claim how come stanley cup riot is A-okay but one conflict in diwali celebration suddenly breaks the nation.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
If you pay 20-30K for LMIA, you don't have to study for 2 years + living costs and start earning instantly. Good for experienced professionals. The downside is if LMIA rejected then you are screwed.
Bigger issue is you will be sharing the same employer with other "LMIA" seekers. Pray and hope no one makes a "How to get LMIA in Canada for Cheap" youtube video celebrating his LMIA. That will be the end of your LMIA dream.

• Haha
Reactions: Lord_Tony

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Bruh, I guess you are quoting the price range for 2018 and 2019. The LMIA cost is over 45K currently (way more $$$ for Trucking particularly) and the approval rate is around 75 to 80 percentage.

There are way too many scams happening especially in Brampton (hub for all the shady transactions) where dudes are being cheated over. There have been many disappointing stories revolving around LMIA.

Lately, LMIA has turned in to a massive money minting racket.

There was one guy who sold all his land, cattle, house in Punjab for LMIA (costed 50K as far as I remember) and he has not received a positive outcome. I guess he lost all his money. Although this was anecdotal but I am sure there is a lot of truth to it and also there are too many dudes who were cheated by crappy agents and have not gotten LMIA approval.

It is not everyone's cup of tea bruh. There's soo much stress in it (unless the employer is more reputed and is willing to file for an LMIA).

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Lord_Tony

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Pray and hope no one makes a "How to get LMIA in Canada for Cheap" youtube video celebrating his LMIA
Don't give Mr. Patel any ideas
There are way too many scams happening especially in Brampton (hub for all the shady transactions) where dudes are being cheated over. There have been many disappointing stories revolving around LMIA.
The fuck is happening in Brampton these days

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Brampton is messed up. I got an inspection notification from the city for my basement as some jealous indian neighbor complained.
My guess is it might be that Abraham guy who in this thread is always bashing Indians who bad they are, how bad the country is and fights often with @GandiBaat

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Who is the Abraham guy? Sounds Jewish
Oops, his name is 'Abhiram Kumar'; my bad I thought Abraham, tunnel vision I guess. He is the guy who is always telling bad stuff about India, and Indians and was bashing and gets bashed back by @GandiBaat

Last edited: