+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I think they mentioned there was 23k expired COPRs, then if you count all the all program draws from last year, there would be around 30-50k backloggers, of which not all will get approved. Honestly I feel they are screwed even with Outland landings lol.
They are actually screwed if they insist on meeting the 401k target this year but no harm trying lol…I expect that more than 5000 of those pre-March expired COPRs would have been re-issued new valid COPRs by now since that’s basically the outland category seeing considerable movement for months now

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
They are actually screwed if they insist on meeting the 401k target this year but no harm trying lol…I expect that more than 5000 of those pre-March expired COPRs would have been re-issued new valid COPRs by now since that’s basically the outland category seeing considerable movement for months now
I am honestly intrested to see what will happen in the next week. The biggest question is if they will open the borders for everyone in September or they will extend the ban.

Reactions: Jaycejay
D

Deleted member 1050918

Shocking to read about the Canadian banking system; hard to believe really. Another thing Nigeria does better than Canada. The first was passport issuing lol:D
Get ready to be shocked a lot more when you land in Canada. You know it's a first world country, it's even a G7 country, but when you go there to live it doesn't feel like it lol. Canada felt like an eastern European country to me when I lived there.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Yes, there were threads for those expired who received their second PPR, I imagine some have landed by now, so they have already been counted.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
One example I noticed in how Canada is behind is with phone plans. My brother lives in the US, he usually told me how the transition went. In 2015 they were with limited data plans, but T-Mobile had 10gb for 40$. A year later when I went to visit, it already moved on to unlimited plans for 40$. I’ve never been to Canada so I’m not sure, but when I searched it, they still offer expensive limited data plans.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Currently, Ontario is at 82.3% with one dose and 74.5% fully vaccinated adults.

Purely from a vaccination perspective, 75% of the adult population needs to be fully vaccinated to move to the next stage of reopening.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
One example I noticed in how Canada is behind is with phone plans. My brother lives in the US, he usually told me how the transition went. In 2015 they were with limited data plans, but T-Mobile had 10gb for 40$. A year later when I went to visit, it already moved on to unlimited plans for 40$. I’ve never been to Canada so I’m not sure, but when I searched it, they still offer expensive limited data plans.
Telecoms in Canada are generally behind the rest of the developed world because of a lack of competition.
3 big companies dominate the telecom space - Rogers, Bell, and TELUS. Most of the smaller providers are owned by them. As such, there’s not much incentive for them to innovate or compete, especially on price. And customer service is… not great.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
So tomorrow is the day when the election is expected to be called. Looks like we are in for a lot in the next 45-60 days or so with the expected international border reopening, elections and hopefully resumption of all program draws, processing of existing applications etc.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
So tomorrow is the day when the election is expected to be called. Looks like we are in for a lot in the next 45-60 days or so with the expected international border reopening, elections and hopefully resumption of all program draws, processing of existing applications etc.
With elections now looking imminent, I don’t think they would want to extend the border reopening to fully vaccinated foreigners

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
With elections now looking imminent, I don’t think they would want to extend the border reopening to fully vaccinated foreigners
Who knows, at the end Canada also needs tourists as this is a big economy sector ;) I am still hopping that everything will go as planned. If there will not be FSW draws in September I think I will loose my hope at that stage :D

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
dude you have high expectation!