+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - Cairo Visa Office

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ya rab, Inshaa Allah we will hear good news to you all soon.

A

medwiz said:
Ya rab!

Just for the record my ecas is:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 8, 2014.
We started processing your application on July 9, 2014.
We transferred your application to the Cairo office on August 13, 2014. The Cairo office may contact you

Roby2015

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
PER:13-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Yes you are right Bro.
Now they are processing files got PER in August, Hopefully we will have good news InshaAllah soon for July and June.
It seems who apply first, his file processed last (LIFO) :)
Wish all the best ;)

xfaris said:
According to our applications dates, I think they are finalizing the files backwards

It means that the turn will be on medwiz then xfaris(me) then Roby2015 then mff

Roby2015

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
PER:13-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Yes
Background checks is done before MR is issued, which might include security checks as well. Anyhow usually the security checks are done upon receiving the medical results and PCC.

Summary of the steps since the file is received by VO:
=========================================
Step 5: Application Received at Visa Office
After your application has received a PER, it is transferred to the relevant visa office. Further evaluation and an additional eligibility review is done at this stage.

Step 6: Visa Office Eligibility Check
After your application reaches the visa office an eligibility check is done. This might include background checks as well as security checks.

Step 7: Medical and Police Certificate Request
After the eligibility check the Visa office will request medical check ups and police certificates as needed by the Visa Office.

Step 8: Passport Request
Considering that there were no serious issues in the medical checkup and the police certificate requests, the Visa Office will request your passport.
Note: At this point your ECAS status should show as “Decision Made”

Step 9: Visa Issued
Hopefully your visa is issued and you receive your passport back with the Visa Valid for one year from the date of your medical test.

You may refer to the below links for more details:
=====================================
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/step-by-step-processing-of-fsw-application-by-cio-and-vo-t137628.0.html
http://www.fsw2014.info/the-stages-of-an-application/

AbdelAllah said:
OK got your point.
But I know also that some VO do call employers to verify if they worked in the company or not even if the Job Description is not exactly as NOC duties.

So my question was, if MR is issued, does this mean background check (not security check) is done already?

A

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bros, Al7amdule Allah I got an email from Cairo VO asking for "Schedule A", Police Certificate and Pay RPRF...

Al7amdule Allah

A

medwiz

May 25, 2014
AbdelAllah said:
Bros, Al7amdule Allah I got an email from Cairo VO asking for "Schedule A", Police Certificate and Pay RPRF...

Al7amdule Allah

A
El7amdelah congrats! When did they recieve your updated bank statement?

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks bro, they got it yesterday around 10 am by DHL.
A

medwiz said:
El7amdelah congrats! When did they recieve your updated bank statement?

medwiz

May 25, 2014
AbdelAllah said:
Thanks bro, they got it yesterday around 10 am by DHL.
A
Tayeb great... I think in most cases they immidately send the MR or PC and RPRF after receiving bank statement...

Except I think for one of our friends here (sorry I can't remember who) who is still waiting for a response after he sent bank statement... I think....

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I observed the same.
A
medwiz said:
Tayeb great... I think in most cases they immidately send the MR or PC and RPRF after receiving bank statement...

Except I think for one of our friends here (sorry I can't remember who) who is still waiting for a response after he sent bank statement... I think....

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My bro Aboudo, from the analysis I did on the process the Cairo VO follows, I think it goes as:

- Ask for Bank statement update.
- Contact previous employers (if needed), that is what happened to Sabona (Employment background check).
- Send request for Policy Certificate request, and Schedule A update (so they start security background check) AND MR and RPRF (so they gain time).

So I think your file is stuck in the calling previous employers stage, can you check with them if the embassy contacting them or not?.
Note: may be silly, but did you check your junk "spam" email folder?

Ya rab all goes well with you soon and the rest of our group.

A

Aboudo2 said:
That would be me !!
They received the bank statement Monday 19

Aboudo2

Nov 3, 2014
Thanks,
Yes, I did confirm with my employer and the company didn't get any contact from the embassy till now,
I am not sure what could be a problem...

I checked now and found the DHL had my name spelled wrong so I sent an email confirming if they received it

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, could be it, but you should have sent your file number or client ID so they map it to the bank statement.
A

Aboudo2 said:
Thanks,
Yes, I did confirm with my employer and the company didn't get any contact from the embassy till now,
I am not sure what could be a problem...

I checked now and found the DHL had my name spelled wrong so I sent an email confirming if they received it