+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 - Cairo Visa Office

mff

Feb 5, 2015
Sorry this is the auto correct. I modified it :).

medwiz said:
media? You mean me?

Yes I can confirm that I received nothing... Last was the Change in ecas... The TLU and then change in the dates of the line

Background check... Very surprising and seemingly very random? Was there something in particular in the employment history that may have been unclear? Many different positions for example?

But I guess as they then asked for MR then this employment check has been successful isa

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is the point I was trying to verify, if MR is received, does it mean the background check is done?
Any thoughts?

A

medwiz said:
media? You mean me?

Yes I can confirm that I received nothing... Last was the Change in ecas... The TLU and then change in the dates of the line

Background check... Very surprising and seemingly very random? Was there something in particular in the employment history that may have been unclear? Many different positions for example?

But I guess as they then asked for MR then this employment check has been successful isa

xfaris

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Yes from my previous experience, when you get MR, then the decision has been made to issue the visa

AbdelAllah said:
This is the point I was trying to verify, if MR is received, does it mean the background check is done?
Any thoughts?

A

xfaris

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
mff was not added to that table

Aboudo2 said:
Below is the last update from earlier replies for the tracking by AbdelAllah , or not sure who started it,

Name App received Transferred 2 Cairo VO Start processing TLU
almohager 14-May-14 28-Aug-14 10-Sep-14 1-Sep-15
ramo morgan 8-May-14 13-Aug-14 28-Aug-14 1-Sep-15
Aboudo2 9-May-14 15-Aug-14 26-Aug-14
medwiz 8-May-15 13-Aug-14
xfaris 7-May-14 28-Jul-14 11-Aug-14
sabona2000 7-May-14 3-Jul-14
Roby2015 5-May-14 13-Jun-14 24-Jun-14
LifeXplorer 8-May-14 14-Aug-14 26-Aug-14 2-Sep-14
AbdelAllah 8-May-14 26-Aug-14

---------------------------
Updated: 7-Sep-2015

Congrats
Its always stressing being the first one getting backround checked

xfaris

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
The background check usually done when you write your job description, excatly as what is written per your NOC

medwiz said:
media? You mean me?

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Background check here is verifying authenticity of documents sent including calling previous employers.
Didn't get well your comment below bro, can you explain more please.
A

xfaris said:
The background check usually done when you write your job description, excatly as what is written per your NOC

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK got your point.
But I know also that some VO do call employers to verify if they worked in the company or not even if the Job Description is not exactly as NOC duties.

So my question was, if MR is issued, does this mean background check (not security check) is done already?

A

xfaris said:
I had a previous application which was rejected as my job description was written the same as NOC description in which they needed to clarify my job duties

The people I used to work with have left the company so when the Cairo office tried to contact the company, they didn't give them a clear confirmation that I have worked there before :(

medwiz

May 25, 2014
AbdelAllah said:
Any thoughts?

A
I think it is safe to say that once the MR is requested then yes the employment check has passed

They way I see it... When they first start processing your case in the VO... They start with the basic thing which is calculating your points again and checking your positive eligibility (same thing that was done in CIC nova Scotia)... That's when they also do the employment check as this is an integral part of determining eligibility.... Also the bank statement to prove you have settlement funds...

Next is to determine INADMISSABILTY.... Which is both medical and criminal... Hence the MR request and police certificate request... Which are usually requested at the same time

So makes. Sense I think to assume that our friend saboona has successfully passed the employment check inshallah...

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro, do you know why is this delay?
is CPC-O doing background check (verifying employment information) after Medical Request or after it?
Or may be because of security check?

A

AliMo said:
They used to be active but not anymore.
A big number of December 2014 are experiencing the same delay.
They seem to be completely freezing the processing of our files since receiving our medical results.
I've been waiting for for the PPR around 90 days, and have friends waiting for around 150 days as well.

Thanks a million, AbdelAllah, for the nice wishes:)

xfaris

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
You are totally right

medwiz said:
I think it is safe to say that once the MR is requested then yes the employment check has passed

They way I see it... When they first start processing your case in the VO... They start with the basic thing which is calculating your points again and checking your positive eligibility (same thing that was done in CIC nova Scotia)... That's when they also do the employment check as this is an integral part of determining eligibility.... Also the bank statement to prove you have settlement funds...

Next is to determine INADMISSABILTY.... Which is both medical and criminal... Hence the MR request and police certificate request... Which are usually requested at the same time

So makes. Sense I think to assume that our friend saboona has successfully passed the employment check inshallah...

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wonderful analysis bro, thanks.

A
medwiz said:

xfaris

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
According to our applications dates, I think they are finalizing the files backwards

It means that the turn will be on medwiz then xfaris(me) then Roby2015 then mff

Aboudo2 said:
Below is the last update from earlier replies for the tracking by AbdelAllah , or not sure who started it,

Name App received Transferred 2 Cairo VO Start processing TLU
almohager 14-May-14 28-Aug-14 10-Sep-14 1-Sep-15
ramo morgan 8-May-14 13-Aug-14 28-Aug-14 1-Sep-15
Aboudo2 9-May-14 15-Aug-14 26-Aug-14
medwiz 8-May-15 13-Aug-14
xfaris 7-May-14 28-Jul-14 11-Aug-14
sabona2000 7-May-14 3-Jul-14
Roby2015 5-May-14 13-Jun-14 24-Jun-14
LifeXplorer 8-May-14 14-Aug-14 26-Aug-14 2-Sep-14
AbdelAllah 8-May-14 26-Aug-14

---------------------------
Updated: 7-Sep-2015

Congrats
Its always stressing being the first one getting backround checked

medwiz

May 25, 2014
xfaris said:
According to our applications dates, I think they are finalizing the files backwards

It means that the turn will be on medwiz then xfaris(me) then Roby2015 then mff
Ya rab!

Just for the record my ecas is:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 8, 2014.
We started processing your application on July 9, 2014.
We transferred your application to the Cairo office on August 13, 2014. The Cairo office may contact you