+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
kollins said:
It doesn't have to be your HR .....any superior manager or head of other department may 3rite and sign it.....provided its same company.
You are safe.
Also ,try to get an affidavit in place too.
Cheers
Dear Kollins
The most credible person whom I know is in the Administration Department (Senior Vice President) . I being a VP in Finance Dept (NOC 0111/1111), can I get job responsiblities letter signed by him .. I have apprehension that HR manager won't look into my case with care and may spoil it if a call comes to him from CIC...
Further I will get the letter signed on companys' letter head ... Do I still need affidavit ..

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neel-here said:
They are just being careless... everybody they've send 2 copies as per Original package/ commitment.
JUST BLAST THEM ON E-MAIL, TEL... They must you two copies without any extra charges .. haq se :)
Hey neel thanks for the reply again , i have done my ECA may 2013 and i have received only one report for that, as u suggested i will email them or contact them and try to make them send another ECA report which i think would take time but in the mean time any help line or email where i can send my query about the situation and get a right solution from the CIC guys itself.

in the mean time since i have one original report with me thinking whether to send it with a cover letter explaining the situation and requesting them to consider it or start with fresh package and send it across then the pending item would be the IELTS copy from IDP bangalore.

please pm or drop a message in order to get 2nd copy of IELTS tell me the approach and number to reach out and also what documents we need to provide to convince IDP this is for CIC canada.\

Thank you all guys for the time effort.

Dont the CIC guys send an email if only one document is not in order," i.e applicant sent notarized copy which is true copy equivalent to original but should have sent the original) and ask the applicant to send the original copy quickly to CIC.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
capr13 said:
Hey Neel,
Good morning, thansk for the reply i was thinking of the same but i have received only one ECA report and do we receive two reports?

one report is with me and i checked whether i can get another one and the time required for getting the same they do provide for $165 international courier service.

My worry is if i send another set of package and will be it considered duplicate?

Dont they have any mechanism in place to consider such situations or procedure to send one original document. Anybody workign with a lawyer and a consultant what do they say in such situations.

Please help and thanks in advance.
If you order for another original copy of ECA report,it will be treated as original and not a duplicate.You are fine with this.....I'm saying it simply because I have been in your scenario before where i used the 2 copies initially issued and had to order for a third copy.
Also,remember that CIC can check the validity and correctness of any ECA you sent to them by looking it with WES online facility that they both shared.
Summary.......if you ordered for another copy of your ECA,it does not deprive it of the status of originality.
You are fine......you don't need a lawyer to interpret this for you as i have personally done it....and it was successful.
Cheers.

jpn

Jun 26, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014 PER................: 12-11-2014
Med's Request
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
kollins said:
It doesn't have to be your HR .....any superior manager or head of other department may 3rite and sign it.....provided its same company.
You are safe.
Also ,try to get an affidavit in place too.
Cheers
Thanks for earlier response.
If I manage to convince my boss and get reference letter from him. Do I still need to file the affidavit OR a single page ref. letter will suffice.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
googler said:
Hi

Is it okay to have an ECAS status (in process) before receiving PER e-mail? I checked my spam folder and I have received no e-mail from CIC.

Thanks
Yes......it's possible.
You are fine.
Cheers.

maverick11

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO - file transferred to WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2014
Nomination.....
09-02-2015
AOR Received.
19-03-2015
Med's Request
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Interview........
DM on 16-06-2015
Passport Req..
19-06-2015, Passport submitted 22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-07-2015
ashpillai said:
I know this is a digression but I would like to air my views on the "IIM" issue that arose recently. Why are we surprised that an IIM grad is considering FSW?? and why does it reflect poorly on India??
These arguments imply that it is understandable for non IITs and non IIMs to apply under the FSW program but when an IIM grad applies, it signals an aberration.
There is nothing wrong with India and there is nothing wrong with an IIM or an IIT applying for immigration under the FSW program. The decision is an intensely personal decision and is a multidimensional one. Agreed that job and career is a strong component for many but I am sure all you will agree that there are other equally if not stronger motivations at play.
I know people who have migrated even though they did not have any "usual" or "conventional" reasons to do so. People who were well off, in stable jobs, some in government jobs, couple of them in advanced stages in life.....
Even in my case, I have been asked by many why I would choose to sacrifice a cushy PSU job and uproot my life and voluntarily opt for such uncertainty and potential hardship..... In my case, the answer is that me and my husband love our life, each other and our kids! We want to spend this life not pushing files but on an adventure... one after the other! We want to give a chance to our children to live whatever life they chose for themselves.... We are not looking to immigrate because we could not make it here.... We have made it here and we know we will make it there too.... It is just that this world is so beautiful that the thought that we may die without seeing it together is scary!
I am not an IIM grad but I am sure like me, everyone here has their own unique set of reasons. I would say, FSW is a great equalizer.... A forum of adventurers.... Seekers.... Travellers .... True Romantics!!!
Dont you think an IIM can get sponsored by some MNC to canada......question is why would he go through the trouble of applying through FSW and then the wait.....yes the long undending wait...

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
dmitrych said:
Hi everyone,

after carefully examining current trends and cross-checking various ways to estimate when caps will be filled, I believe there's a really high chance FSW 2014 program will end accepting new applications earlier (on December 31, 2014) than the caps will be filled :)

Even for the hottest NOCs (1112, 2173, 2174), the projected last date when it should be safe to file an application is very far, in October-December - AND it's only if the current amounts of new applications received daily will continue as is towards the end without decreasing, which is a very conservative assumption: the amounts usually decrease over time.

Many applications were received in the first two weeks, - so even though the current official application counts are rather impressive - 106 apps out of 1000 for NOC 2174, for apps received by May 6-7, - it should not be a reason to worry, there's still enough left to fit all the existing applications and most probably all future applications until the end of the program.

I've noticed this several days ago, when the new caps were published, but wanted to cross-check and calculate everything for sure before posting.

So peoples who are worrying much about the CAP, read this post carefully and make urself a bit more patient...

God is great....

Thanks for the analysis and the post dmitrych ....:)

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
jpn said:
Thanks for earlier response.
If I manage to convince my boss and get reference letter from him. Do I still need to file the affidavit OR a single page ref. letter will suffice.
Your boss letter is the most preferred choice.
With your boss issuing you experience letter,you don't need any other proofs or affidavit again........just normal supporting documents for your employment is okay.
Cheers.

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That can apply to anybody.. if you have Job offer + LMO from Employer..... you can apply in 'Arranged Employment'. why trouble of applying thru FSW.. and why trouble of going thru IIM :p

For FSW Criteria its equal opportunity for all.. get ECA done.. and Pass 67 points 8)

Trivia :
IIM gives a PGDBM degree..ECA will fetch 22 points (unless you have any other higher/ Master's degree)
Any Recognised Univ. MBA (even, if it is in Jumri taliyaa :p) will give "Masters degree'.. ECA will fetch 23 points 8)

LOL ;D

maverick11 said:
Dont you think an IIM can get sponsored by some MNC to canada......question is why would he go through the trouble of applying through FSW and then the wait.....yes the long undending wait...

jpn

Jun 26, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014 PER................: 12-11-2014
Med's Request
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Hi Ashif_eee,

You are doing an excellent job by creating this blog.
Could you please freeze the header row in the spreadsheet to make it more convenient. Thanks in advance.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
SMFAHAD said:
Dear Kollins
The most credible person whom I know is in the Administration Department (Senior Vice President) . I being a VP in Finance Dept (NOC 0111/1111), can I get job responsiblities letter signed by him .. I have apprehension that HR manager won't look into my case with care and may spoil it if a call comes to him from CIC...
Further I will get the letter signed on companys' letter head ... Do I still need affidavit ..
Nope.....you don't need affidavit again because of his status in the company.
It all depends on your good personal and official relationship with the senior vice president.I can assure you that his letter of recommendation or reference carries more weight of security than the Human resources department.
I have a good personal relationship with my overall managing director who is the sole representative of my company to the outside world ......he issued my letters of reference because my human resources department are not to be trusted with confidential information of staff.......and it was fine with no issue.
Cheers.

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kollins said:
If you order for another original copy of ECA report,it will be treated as original and not a duplicate.You are fine with this.....I'm saying it simply because I have been in your scenario before where i used the 2 copies initially issued and had to order for a third copy.
Also,remember that CIC can check the validity and correctness of any ECA you sent to them by looking it with WES online facility that they both shared.
Summary.......if you ordered for another copy of your ECA,it does not deprive it of the status of originality.
You are fine......you don't need a lawyer to interpret this for you as i have personally done it....and it was successful.
Cheers.
Thanks kollins for your reply and please suggest after reading the below ,

My situation is as follows, i miss interpreted the document checklist where it says copies unless otherwise stated for ECA and sent a photocopy of ECA which was notarized.

Now i have to two options

1 solution/workaround ....Send just the ECA (orginal) which is with me with the UCI # i have and a cover letter explaining the situation ask for consideration of the same for the package i sent and reached Sydney 10th june.

For the above solution 1 or work around the helpful people around have commented that my first application will be opened as per the date received and if they notice the ECA report issue (" Which by the way they can look at WES online copy available specifically for them if they want to make an effort to make people feel good abt their efforts and time") then the worst case they would reject it and when they pick up the seperate package where i have sent the ECA they already have processed my package and probably sent it back to the address mentioned.

2 Solution/workaround.....Another suggestion is that i put everything back together of course by getting another original of IELTS prepare the package send it across with available original ECA report and a cover letter explain about the first application which reached on 10th may and why you are sending the whole package again.

In this above workaround i am worried about two things:
a....Application being considered duplicate and banned
b....Time taken to put things together and which might make the application chance bleak to make it into the cap.

Before doing any of the above i wanted to talk to CIC guys (So mail id , number or link or blog or post anything that would help) and also mail them and get to know what would be the best approach do they have any mechanism for the same to deal with cause it requires a lot of effort to put things together i am sure everyone has realized it.

What i was hoping is in my situation they should send me an email may be hold/return the whole application and ask me to send the original ECA with package again or just the ECA with the consideration that it has been processed earlier to be considered into another queue altogether.

Or easiest way is the ECA is notarized and they do have a copy of the ECA available online for them to view and they can ask local VO to cross check during that phase of processing.

I might be very optimistic but there should be tolerance defined for a mistake if you miss out application its different if you send a copy my mistake but have an original is another situation ( i m supporting myself ) but i guess every mistake a lesson to everybody on the forum.
So people learn and all the best and send a complete application in the first place.

I would write a long post about the DO's and Dont's and may be we can have it on the first post so that everybody can add and make it easy for people to refer inturn making life easier for others.

Thanks all, all the best and keep the effort on help others and yourself.

Nav2132

Sep 14, 2013
Brampton ON
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-10-2014
Med's Request
21-11-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2015
LANDED..........
10-02-2015
Its been just 20 days that my application has reached CIC.. and its like I am waiting from ages :) God Bless all applicants..! Good Luck ..!

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls see my comments in 'Green' below

capr13 said:
Hey neel thanks for the reply again , i have done my ECA may 2013 and i have received only one report for that, as u suggested i will email them or contact them and try to make them send another ECA report which i think would take time but in the mean time any help line or email where i can send my query about the situation and get a right solution from the CIC guys itself. - Unfortunately NOT !

in the mean time since i have one original report with me thinking whether to send it with a cover letter explaining the situation and requesting them to consider it or start with fresh package and send it across then the pending item would be the IELTS copy from IDP bangalore.-
Pls followup with WES first and wait for their response/ another ECA.. take your call after 1/2 days based on their response !

please pm or drop a message in order to get 2nd copy of IELTS tell me the approach and number to reach out and also what documents we need to provide to convince IDP this is for CIC canada.\ (see responses from other members.. they already answered it )

Thank you all guys for the time effort.

Dont the CIC guys send an email if only one document is not in order," i.e applicant sent notarized copy which is true copy equivalent to original but should have sent the original) and ask the applicant to send the original copy quickly to CIC. (Original ECA is Non negotiable.. they have volumes of Applications to be processed so no going back n forth and stuck with 1 Applicant 8))

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
kollins said:
Nope.....you don't need affidavit again because of his status in the company.
It all depends on your good personal and official relationship with the senior vice president.I can assure you that his letter of recommendation or reference carries more weight of security than the Human resources department.
I have a good personal relationship with my overall managing director who is the sole representative of my company to the outside world ......he issued my letters of reference because my human resources department are not to be trusted with confidential information of staff.......and it was fine with no issue.
Cheers.
Thanks Kollins Dear but your case is different, as we was the MD who knows in and out of the company ... In my case that CIC personnel may say how can an admin personnel (Senior Vice President) know what I am (Vice President) doing in Finance Dept ... Just my apprehension .. Bro I want to be sure as this is my last chance ...

Status
Not open for further replies.