+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashpillai

May 4, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Med's Request
02-01-2015
Med's Done....
05-01-2015
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
maverick11 said:
Dont you think an IIM can get sponsored by some MNC to canada......question is why would he go through the trouble of applying through FSW and then the wait.....yes the long undending wait...
His Wish! Like any of us, I am sure he too has the right to exercise his will!

dmitrych

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Kyiv
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-09-2014
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-12-2014
CanDoIt said:
Hi Dmitrych,
Where are these charts in the spreadsheet? Can't locate this one!!
Hi CanDoIt,
I haven't included that estimate into the spreadsheet. Even though there's another estimate (for caps) in the spreadsheet, I'm still not sure if the spreadsheet is a good place for such information that's difficult to prove for sure.
The estimate on the image is still up-to-date, though.

gaurav jaswal

May 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2015
dmitrych said:
Hi everyone,

after carefully examining current trends and cross-checking various ways to estimate when caps will be filled, I believe there's a really high chance FSW 2014 program will end accepting new applications earlier (on December 31, 2014) than the caps will be filled :)

Even for the hottest NOCs (1112, 2173, 2174), the projected last date when it should be safe to file an application is very far, in October-December - AND it's only if the current amounts of new applications received daily will continue as is towards the end without decreasing, which is a very conservative assumption: the amounts usually decrease over time.

Many applications were received in the first two weeks, - so even though the current official application counts are rather impressive - 106 apps out of 1000 for NOC 2174, for apps received by May 6-7, - it should not be a reason to worry, there's still enough left to fit all the existing applications and most probably all future applications until the end of the program.

I've noticed this several days ago, when the new caps were published, but wanted to cross-check and calculate everything for sure before posting.
Hey dmitrych,

That was quite a bit of relief specially for people like who won't be able to send app until mid of july.

I am afraid there will be exponential increase in the number of applications since there are many who started preparing their application in may post cic announcement of 25k cap and a lot of them are stuck at ECA.

Thanks

Thanks

jpn

Jun 26, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014 PER................: 12-11-2014
Med's Request
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
kollins said:
Your boss letter is the most preferred choice.
With your boss issuing you experience letter,you don't need any other proofs or affidavit again........just normal supporting documents for your employment is okay.
Cheers.
thanks again Kollins

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Oscar7 said:
This is for those who are still working on their applications and have not sent it yet. Those who have sent, do NOT worry!!!!! To avoid situations like the below while using a CC, use DD instead. Point is DDs are 100% safe when made for 6 months validity.

I will use this example (and there are numerous others on this forum itself) to caution others from using CC as a mode of payment (since DD is risk free when made for 6 months validity). I am in NO way saying CCs are always unsafe, but credit card users from India and some other developing countries have a higher risk of RBI / Bank regulation issues coming in their way, at times.

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them,

....modified to.....

[size=14pt]Friends, Forumites, Future-Canadians, lend me your ears!
I come to bury your use of CC for payment, not to praise it.
Use DD (with 6 months validity) instead and your application will live 100% to see another step in the process.
[/size]
Oscar .....you are right!
Any applicants like myself who has seen his complete and perfect application returned because of credit card malfunction will never advice his or her enemies to use it.
Personally,I envy those applicants that uses credit card and get positive results but i think I PREFER THE ANXIETY OF DD to the uncertain nature of credit cards.
I once had a 500% complete and perfect application package returned because of credit card malfunction....which have been effective in other international transcations that i had earlier performed...including WES.
With DD,you have no thought of payment issues........if applicants can afford the anxiety....yes ANXIETY........please go for DD as your option of payment.
Cheers.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
SMFAHAD said:
Thanks Kollins Dear but your case is different, as we was the MD who knows in and out of the company ... In my case that CIC personnel may say how can an admin personnel (Senior Vice President) know what I am (Vice President) doing in Finance Dept ... Just my apprehension .. Bro I want to be sure as this is my last chance ...
A senior vice president is a reverred status and should be fine.
CIC did not say an administrative personnel can not issue it.
If the senior vice president have your vote of confidence,he looks like a senior status than HR and should be able to help you speak with HR or your direct boss to issue you the letter.
Like i said,your senior vice president's letter of reference is fine and okay for you.
Cheers.

dmitrych

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Kyiv
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-09-2014
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-12-2014
gaurav jaswal said:
Hey dmitrych,

That was quite a bit of relief specially for people like who won't be able to send app until mid of july.

I am afraid there will be exponential increase in the number of applications since there are many who started preparing their application in may post cic announcement of 25k cap and a lot of them are stuck at ECA.

Thanks
Well, two months have passed already, and according to the statistics, number of daily applications decreases.
It has been almost steadily decreasing in FSW 2013 as well, even though that time there were much more unexpected changes, including new ECA rules.
So I believe everything should be fine :)

Achiever 99

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/5/14
dmitrych said:
Hi everyone,

after carefully examining current trends and cross-checking various ways to estimate when caps will be filled, I believe there's a really high chance FSW 2014 program will end accepting new applications earlier (on December 31, 2014) than the caps will be filled :)

Even for the hottest NOCs (1112, 2173, 2174), the projected last date when it should be safe to file an application is very far, in October-December - AND it's only if the current amounts of new applications received daily will continue as is towards the end without decreasing, which is a very conservative assumption: the amounts usually decrease over time.

Many applications were received in the first two weeks, - so even though the current official application counts are rather impressive - 106 apps out of 1000 for NOC 2174, for apps received by May 6-7, - it should not be a reason to worry, there's still enough left to fit all the existing applications and most probably all future applications until the end of the program.

I've noticed this several days ago, when the new caps were published, but wanted to cross-check and calculate everything for sure before posting.
3 Cheers to our incredibly analytical and prediction talent in the forum.... ;D ;D

In my view out of 50 NOC's at least 25 will not even reach cap this year.

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Achiever 99 said:
3 Cheers to our incredibly analytical and prediction talent in the forum.... ;D ;D

absolutely, infact in 2013 also only 4100 applications were accepted out of total 5000. This year only 12-13 NOCs seems to be filled rest I believe will not reach there cap.

so over all not more than 18-20k applications to be filled by dec 2014.

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oscar7 said:
Although not having sent the original ECA with the application is always risky and no one can say what will happen if you send the original ECA later with the UCI number.

But my logic on how it might work at CIC bakes in their experience of working on such cases over multiple years. Here is how I think, it might appear to them:
1- First package received on the date it arrived, opened and received date stamped by the mail room clerks (Mike or who ever else it is).
2- First package then awaits its turn in the queue, and will only get opened for checking when packages of the same receiving dates are starting to get checked.
3- In the meantime, second package arrives which looks too much lightweight to be a complete package by itself. It anyway gets opened for date stamping. And voila!!!! Either the instruction of what to do with this is in a cover letter (or even highlighted on the envelope cover as well) and the mail room guys accordingly send this 2-3 pager package to get added to the original application by tracing the same using the provided UCI number, NOC category, passport details, date of birth details etc etc. PROVIDE AS MUCH DETAILS AS POSSIBLE.
4 - Moral of the above. If the original package has not been checked by CIO yet, there is a "TINY" hope that the material sent in second package might get added to the original package, based on the above flow. What really is the trigger is the latter package will only be a thin package with 2-3 documents and that "might" raise a flag basis multiple years of experience of handing cases at CIO.

It goes without saying, and at the risk of repeating myself, in no way my post suggests that one is going to be 100% safe if they have missed sending the complete package upfront / or a later 'new' CC / DD detail will get added to their application package. All I am saying is my common sense tells me that understanding from the second "smaller" 2-3 page package that this is a sign of "addendum" is not that difficult. Good luck, though!!!! :)
Thanks for the reply oscar,

My application reached 10th June 2014 signed by david and i think we are stuck at may 7th as of now or may 10th so i have good one month applications ahead of me so i was thinking the same on the envelope take a print out of all the details document and paste the same on the envelope itself with a clear transparent tape so that it catches attention with all the details and also an i would be sending only one document that is ECA original report with a cover letter explaining the situation i am into.

What do u suggest thanks i advance.
I would request the expert memebers like century,asifh_eee,kollins and all others to comment/suggest whether to send one document that is ECA original report with cover letter since my application is of June 10th 2014 which is not opened yet or send complete package again with the originals.

Everybody who has been through the same share experiences whether sending new application package worked or sending a document with cover letter worked out.
thanks again in advance.

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
kollins said:
A senior vice president is a reverred status and should be fine.
CIC did not say an administrative personnel can not issue it.
If the senior vice president have your vote of confidence,he looks like a senior status than HR and should be able to help you speak with HR or your direct boss to issue you the letter.
Like i said,your senior vice president's letter of reference is fine and okay for you.
Cheers.
Thanks Alot Bro !!!!

One final question relating to above, can you please guide what should I wirte in the letter ...
For instance :
I confirm that MR ABC is working in Finance Department and is performing the following duties :
1 ..
2 ...
3 ....

I can enclose more than one recommendations from my office senior personnels Right !!!

vivesehg

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
Hi Everyone,

How much time does the local VO provides to submit PCC from home country and other countries where you had stayed for more than 6 months? Is it 30 or 60 days?
There was a post from someone stating that the Manila office asked to submit PCC in 30 days.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
capr13 said:
Thanks kollins for your reply and please suggest after reading the below ,

My situation is as follows, i miss interpreted the document checklist where it says copies unless otherwise stated for ECA and sent a photocopy of ECA which was notarized.

Now i have to two options

1 solution/workaround ....Send just the ECA (orginal) which is with me with the UCI # i have and a cover letter explaining the situation ask for consideration of the same for the package i sent and reached Sydney 10th june.

For the above solution 1 or work around the helpful people around have commented that my first application will be opened as per the date received and if they notice the ECA report issue (" Which by the way they can look at WES online copy available specifically for them if they want to make an effort to make people feel good abt their efforts and time") then the worst case they would reject it and when they pick up the seperate package where i have sent the ECA they already have processed my package and probably sent it back to the address mentioned.

2 Solution/workaround.....Another suggestion is that i put everything back together of course by getting another original of IELTS prepare the package send it across with available original ECA report and a cover letter explain about the first application which reached on 10th may and why you are sending the whole package again.

In this above workaround i am worried about two things:
a....Application being considered duplicate and banned
b....Time taken to put things together and which might make the application chance bleak to make it into the cap.

Before doing any of the above i wanted to talk to CIC guys (So mail id , number or link or blog or post anything that would help) and also mail them and get to know what would be the best approach do they have any mechanism for the same to deal with cause it requires a lot of effort to put things together i am sure everyone has realized it.

What i was hoping is in my situation they should send me an email may be hold/return the whole application and ask me to send the original ECA with package again or just the ECA with the consideration that it has been processed earlier to be considered into another queue altogether.

Or easiest way is the ECA is notarized and they do have a copy of the ECA available online for them to view and they can ask local VO to cross check during that phase of processing.

I might be very optimistic but there should be tolerance defined for a mistake if you miss out application its different if you send a copy my mistake but have an original is another situation ( i m supporting myself ) but i guess every mistake a lesson to everybody on the forum.
So people learn and all the best and send a complete application in the first place.

I would write a long post about the DO's and Dont's and may be we can have it on the first post so that everybody can add and make it easy for people to refer inturn making life easier for others.

Thanks all, all the best and keep the effort on help others and yourself.
Personally,I would not advice you to send your only available original ECA copy as additional docments as a follow up to your first application package.There are so many reasons for this.......no single applicants have been a ble to give convincing evidence that additional document sent was considered.
Another issue is that each shipment is considered an application package once received and date stamped.
CIC are not humain enough to consider your non inclusion of your ECA report as a mistake.......instruction stated that they want originals........no compromise whatsoever!
Your first application may have been returned before they even open your additional document sent.....which means a futile effort.
I will only advice that you send it if you have 2 copies at hand for your ECA report.
In summary,my advice is that option 2 of sending a new package is the best option for now......don't worry about cap update.....Even though i can't give you verifiable evidence,I'm sure you will be in the cap.
My opinion is that the hottest NOCs will still be safe till August/September.
Pick up yourself.....get a new IELTS and ECA if possible and send a new application package........you can now decide to send additional document of ECA.
I wish you the very best.
Cheers

dmitrych

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Kyiv
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-09-2014
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-12-2014
Achiever 99 said:

can2174 said:
absolutely, infact in 2013 also only 4100 applications were accepted out of total 5000. This year only 12-13 NOCs seems to be filled rest I believe will not reach there cap.

so over all not more than 18-20k applications to be filled by dec 2014.
To clarify, I meant that there's a really high chance that none of the NOCs will reach the cap until the end of FSW 2014 program :)
In the worst case, maybe up to 3 hottest NOCs could reach it at the end of the year, but as for me it looks unlikely, given the current trends and estimates. CIC caps are really generous this year ;D

Though, let's wait and see :)

Edit: this message didn't account for the fact that FSWP 2014 will most probably end on April 30, 2015 (not in December 2014, as one might believe after reading what the cap update page says). By April 30, 2015, given the current data, it's possible that we'll get up to 6 hottest NOCs full, but likely less than that.

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kollins said:
Personally,I would not advice you to send your only available original ECA copy as additional docments as a follow up to your first application package.There are so many reasons for this.......no single applicants have been a ble to give convincing evidence that additional document sent was considered.
Another issue is that each shipment is considered an application package once received and date stamped.
CIC are not humain enough to consider your non inclusion of your ECA report as a mistake.......instruction stated that they want originals........no compromise whatsoever!
Your first application may have been returned before they even open your additional document sent.....which means a futile effort.
I will only advice that you send it if you have 2 copies at hand for your ECA report.
In summary,my advice is that option 2 of sending a new package is the best option for now......don't worry about cap update.....Even though i can't give you verifiable evidence,I'm sure you will be in the cap.
My opinion is that the hottest NOCs will still be safe till August/September.
Pick up yourself.....get a new IELTS and ECA if possible and send a new application package........you can now decide to send additional document of ECA.
I wish you the very best.
Cheers
My application reached on 10th june 2014.
Any body from the appicants who sent an additional package to support initial one and any success or failure please report. thanks all in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.