+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

owenhargo

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-10-2014
Passport Req..
23-12-2014
nshivani said:
For FSW 2014, the testers are not included in the 50 professions that are released by CIC.
Unfortunately the person cannot apply
Thank you!

lut4rahman

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohan85 said:
I am working as an IT Consultant in one of the most prestigious companies in India. The reason why I want to go to Canada is 'Money'. I know that there are a lot of IT projects where consultants work on Contract basis and get around 60$ per hour. Me and my wife plan to work in the IT Sector with one of us working as a fulltime employee (for all the benefits) and one of us on contract (for all the money).

I am not very sure if going to Canada would be the wisest things to do. I've heard that Dubai also have very nice paying IT jobs. Dubai being closer to India and Indian culture would anyday be better on personal front. Reading all the discussion on the forum is confusing me! :'( :-\ :-[ ::)
Only few consultants might be able to make $60 per hour

shikha.kanwar

Nov 30, 2013
New Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Has anyone 3142 of 7th may got PER?

lut4rahman

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohan85 said:
I know at least 3/4 consultants who make 55-60$ per hour. Don't know if those guys are examples or exceptions!
Ask them if getting a job in Canada is easier or not :)

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well said, A_S. For the most part there are these 2 kinds of people - one that are tied up to a place for whatever reasons (stability, family etc. to name a few) and the other who want to explore the unknown. I'm hoping there are more of the latter here, because of the inherent bias of this being a forum of immigrant visa applicants.

Also agree that quoting salary here isn't most sensible. For some X amount is good, while for others Y amount might bring the same satisfaction. People here are from a wide variety of backgrounds and countries, and let's keep in mind everyone might have their own reasons for moving to Canada. For some people making slightly lesser in Canada (than what they already make now) is no big deal really! Plus a figure in one country cannot be directly comparable to a figure in another country (Purchasing Power Parity) since people here are from a variety of countries.

I do encourage those who are unsure to think through carefully about immigrating to Canada. Try getting inputs from friends / acquaintances about their initial struggles, and most importantly get a realistic idea of what life is going to be like in Canada. Best wishes! :)
A_S said:
Bro,
I wish you a very good luck.
I have seen forum members asking about the pros of cons of moving to Canada.Some even had a problem of why people were applying from UK or US. I could not stop myself from posting my view. I always believed there are 2 kinds of people, One a risk taker and loves to face unknown challenges and the other one who is happy and satisfied with his current life and accomplishments.
I left India when I had a good paying Managerial job in a MNC bank and moved to US to do my MBA. It was a sense of not being stagnant in life and reach out to the world made me leave india after working for a number of years and future prospects. America is a country of opportunities but the visa system is completely messed up. I had lot of struggles to ultimately get an H1B visa in my line of work , but still it is an employer specify visa and and I need a secure future. Canada offers me a better work permit which is not employee driven. I know it is gonna be a struggle in the initial days, but if you think of the long run, it's gonna start giving you returns not only for you but also for your present & future generations. I have better opportunities back in India, but I want to move ahead in life and challenge new boundaries. Once you live there for more than 3 years and get a Canadian Passport think of the benefits you would be getting from after you are a Canadian citizen.
So for all you guys still pondering whether to apply or not, depends on what you exactly want from yourself and life. I would also request everybody to stop quoting salary figures, because a lot of forum members though getting well paid in the US are willing to take the risk of moving to another country.

I do not mean to demean or hurt anybody's feelings, but everybody who is applying for Canada wants to take up the risk for a better future :) :)

jmyra

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/14
Nomination.....
08/12/14
File Transfer...
02/02/2015
Med's Request
20/02/15
Med's Done....
23/02/15
Passport Req..
01/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/15
LANDED..........
GOD WILLING MAY END / BEGINNING JUNE
Oscar7 said:
Besides that there is another important point. When one is planning to immigrate to a far away land like Canada one should try and adapt to multi-ethnic, multi-cultural habits in the truest form. Limiting a close knit circle to a particular nationality or race will be detrimental to widening one's outlook, which needs to be broadened especially when one is far away from home country. It helps in the day-to-day life. It should not matter if people are from China, Brazil, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, Russia, UK, Poland or anywhere else for that matter. Canada is full of immigrants and it encourages opening oneself up. One's experience will be much richer if they have friends that represent not just a handful countries but a variety of nations / races. That way it will be easy to get rid of stereotypes too, which often are local in nature. Many people return back to their home country complaining that the Canadian experience was not worth it, when actually it is they who still hopped around with their racist stereotypes limiting themselves (and their family) to one / two community groups rather than opening themselves up to a more global audience / perspective. Just a thought here!

By the way there is no issue in exchanging phone numbers of your fellow countrymen and women. Didn't mean to discourage you from doing that. Apology if I went a little overboard with the above. Cheers! :)

[/quote

I second that thought. Very well said.

dejohns

May 30, 2014
v_g1973 said:
Hello,
For 0111, how did you describe the main duties. In my case, I my boss has left the company and HR is not listening! I left the company 2 yrs back.
Dear all.....

Do anyone have any document showing the details of eligible occupations listed for FSW 2014? I do have the list but from where we get the details on each occupations listed?
Like --1114 Other financial officers-- what are they mean by this occupation? from where we can get the details on each of the occupation?

Pls help...

Jango1

Apr 16, 2014
aav said:
Does anyone out here from india make 17 lacs+ and have yet applied for PR...?
This is all very enticing to go for, but i am not sure for someone who is drawing decent salary, is it going to be possible to save or make more that what they make in india?

I am hearing Australia, Dubai, other than ofcourse US, are countries that offer high salary, whereas canada is actually a low paying country.

please anyone with good insight - help me with an answer.
Hi,

I left 35,000 pounds / annum in UK ~ 35 lacks / annum and came back to India to apply for Canada.
I realized in my experience so far that money will come and go, but social life is extremely important with the benefits from the country.
In UK, working on a work visa means you are just like a slave. If you don't wish to work and take a break, you are not meant to be living in that country. Racism was important factor for me, but again on work visa I could not get benefits that other british citizens could get. I was just fed up there earning money..

India: 17 lacks/ annum is a good salary with a Mediterranean weather..

But go through the difference between a 1st world country and a 3rd world country on google before you ignore canada, and a easy entry to USA too few years being in Canada on PR.

If in worst case, you loose your job, Canada Govt pays 60% of your salary till you find the other one, India won't.

For children free education until they are 18 in public schools. In India, kindergarten charge fees equal to Engineering college fees I used to pay 9 years ago.. 60,000 to 70,000 just for admission .. Man, are they doing PHDs or what ?

Maternity and paternity leaves can be taken up to 8 months.. In India, maternity I think max 3 months and concept of paternity almost negligible..

Very Importants **** Security

Security wise, Canada is the best, India is one of the worst (touch wood).. its just a hope the attacks stop.
On my return to India after 3 years, I saw many cops and army hiding behind stacked sacks with weapons in big cities almost every corner. I felt i was in afghanistan for a while until I got used to it.

Infrastructure, Roads, Traffic, Pollution, Population, GDP not equally distributed - rich get richer and poor get poorer.. Middle class like you and me are in the worst position..

I bloody can't think of driving a jaguar or a SUV in such a traffic, If I intend to own one in future.. because there is no way even for people too to walk. How can you take the pleasure to ride or speed for which they are meant for ??

Discipline of people in India..

I love my country India, no doubt. But when I have been to US and UK, I feel every Indian should visit the other side of the world to see, life is much more beyond then what we are living right now..

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Jango1 said:
Hi,

I left 35,000 pounds / annum in UK ~ 35 lacks / annum and came back to India to apply for Canada.
I realized in my experience so far that money will come and go, but social life is extremely important with the benefits from the country.
In UK, working on a work visa means you are just like a slave. If you don't wish to work and take a break, you are not meant to be living in that country. Racism was important factor for me, but again on work visa I could not get benefits that other british citizens could get. I was just fed up there earning money..

India: 17 lacks/ annum is a good salary with a Mediterranean weather..

But go through the difference between a 1st world country and a 3rd world country on google before you ignore canada, and a easy entry to USA too few years being in Canada on PR.

If in worst case, you loose your job, Canada Govt pays 60% of your salary till you find the other one, India won't.

For children free education until they are 18 in public schools. In India, kindergarten charge fees equal to Engineering college fees I used to pay 9 years ago.. 60,000 to 70,000 just for admission .. Man, are they doing PHDs or what ?

Maternity and paternity leaves can be taken up to 8 months.. In India, maternity I think max 3 months and concept of paternity almost negligible..

Very Importants **** Security

Security wise, Canada is the best, India is one of the worst (touch wood).. its just a hope the attacks stop.
On my return to India after 3 years, I saw many cops and army hiding behind stacked sacks with weapons in big cities almost every corner. I felt i was in afghanistan for a while until I got used to it.

Infrastructure, Roads, Traffic, Pollution, Population, GDP not equally distributed - rich get richer and poor get poorer.. Middle class like you and me are in the worst position..

I bloody can't think of driving a jaguar or a SUV in such a traffic, If I intend to own one in future.. because there is no way even for people too to walk. How can you take the pleasure to ride or speed for which they are meant for ??

Discipline of people in India..

I love my country India, no doubt. But when I have been to US and UK, I feel every Indian should visit the other side of the world to see, life is much more beyond then what we are living right now..
well said mate :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.