+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

byn2013

Apr 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
namaste said:
I completely agree with you. We (my spouse and me) have been in the US for about a decade and yet, we can't help but feel like slave to the system without an opportunity to get to a stable and secure life. We are both successful and paid well in our fields but the uncertain visa situation and a never-ending game of cat and mouse when it comes to immigration status is driving us away. Sometimes it's more than money. We would like to start a family, be able to visit our home country when we wish, buy a house and above all have a socially and economically stable and secure life. It's a risk going to a new country and starting over but it's a risk that comes with a huge payback if successful.

Oh, and I would much rather have armies with weapons around me (as long as it's not a war zone) than have every other nutcase with deadly weapons everywhere.
i do not live in the US, but i had the same experiences in other country. it took me 13 years to erase the unstable mentality cuz by working visa. while u r working u have good salary, if u r fired you have to go home or rush to get the new sponsor. do not want to think again :)

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What you can expect to get in India after 5 years ? .... it can be best address by Modi Sarkaar .. Good days are ahead ! :)

Most of the pros (Canada) and cons (India) mentioned in the thread revolves around the fundamental difference of being in a developed country vis a vis developing country. At this point of time, comparing India to Canada would not be an apple-to-apple comparison .. so lets avoid it.
May be 10 yrs/ 20 yrs down the line or when India becomes a developed country some or Many of us would repent on our decision to move to Canada 8)

So who's the "risk-taker".. the one migrating to Canada or the one residing back ?
I thought life in India is riskier guys..& gals ??

papmanindia said:
Rohan,

As rightly said by someone on this forum. That not only for money but for better lifestyle and for next generation and for money too. Think abt five years down the line in India and in canada, What u get in Canada after 5 years, will you be able to get in India.

Just a suggestion, senior member who are already in Canada and experience may have better view on it.

I dont like India at all, just because of our politicians. It is a lawless country with lots of complex laws. I dont want my generation to raise here.

SDNY

Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NY/CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-7-2014
AOR Received.
Aug 7th 2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug 27 th 2014
Interview........
waived until now
CC charged on June 19th 2014
NOC 3142
app date: may 7th

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
SDNY said:
NOC 3142
Congrats!!

indicansri

Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
Med's Request
03-12-2014
Med's Done....
11-12-2014
Passport Req..
16-03-2014
Hi everyone,
My application reached Nova Scotia on 18th June. Since I will be in the US for about an year, my visa office is CIC-Ottawa.
Can someone knowledgeable please comment on:
1. On average, especially for NOC 2173, how soon after application being accepted are credit cards being charged?
2. If there is rejection or any additional information that CIC may need, do they contact via email?

This is my third consecutive attempt and with god/allah/sai baba blessings, I'll hopefully succeed this time.

Best wishes you all and kudos again to those maintaining the spreadsheet!!

maddyphysio

Star Member
May 26, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
--
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER : 11 August
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
Med Done
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting for it..
VISA ISSUED...
By God's Grace Very Soon
SDNY said:
NOC 3142
Many Many Congratulation for CC charged..

SDNY what is your App Filled date.. ?

In SS its 5 May 2014 and I think you have written here 7th May 2014...

so please clarify this..

I am also 7 May applicant of 3142...

Thanks in Advance..

shaarav

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER received 17-10-2014
Jango1 said:
NOC 2132 Mechanical engineer, my friend..
Hi Jango,

Mine too is NOC 2132...app reached 18th june...which city r u working now...i'm in Bangalore....

thetwo

Jun 21, 2014
Hey guys, just finalizing my application and I have a question regarding the Schedule 3 - Economic Classes - Federal Skilled Workers form:

In section 12) Your Work Experience,

Do I need to provide all the occupations that I worked in in the last 10 years even if I don't want to necessarily claim points for the experiences? Main reason being it will take time to get all the experience letters and I want to submit my application ASAP. I already have 67+ points and the primary occupation that I will be applying under, I will have the experience for that listed which was in 2010, so can I just enter that one and not my current or previous ones if I don't need to claim points for them?

Or should I list all the occupations and just not provide experience letters for the jobs that I don't want to claim points for?

Please help.

Thanks!

rb107f

May 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
rohan85 said:
I am working as an IT Consultant in one of the most prestigious companies in India. The reason why I want to go to Canada is 'Money'. I know that there are a lot of IT projects where consultants work on Contract basis and get around 60$ per hour. Me and my wife plan to work in the IT Sector with one of us working as a fulltime employee (for all the benefits) and one of us on contract (for all the money).

I am not very sure if going to Canada would be the wisest things to do. I've heard that Dubai also have very nice paying IT jobs. Dubai being closer to India and Indian culture would anyday be better on personal front. Reading all the discussion on the forum is confusing me! :'( :-\ :-[ ::)
Hello rohan85, at the end of the day, after all the suggestions and comments provided in this forum, it is all up to you to decide, considering all factors . Migration is one the biggest decision in your life to take so be careful on it....

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
thetwo said:
Hey guys, just finalizing my application and I have a question regarding the Schedule 3 - Economic Classes - Federal Skilled Workers form:

In section 12) Your Work Experience,

Do I need to provide all the occupations that I worked in in the last 10 years even if I don't want to necessarily claim points for the experiences? Main reason being it will take time to get all the experience letters and I want to submit my application ASAP. I already have 67+ points and the primary occupation that I will be applying under, I will have the experience for that listed which was in 2010, so can I just enter that one and not my current or previous ones if I don't need to claim points for them?

Or should I list all the occupations and just not provide experience letters for the jobs that I don't want to claim points for?

Please help.

Thanks!
The checklist, point no. 12 states that the principal applicant must provide, 'Letters of reference from all your employers for the past 10 years.'

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

If you want to save time, you can list all occupations, but perhaps not send those letters, except the one you do want to send. This can be explained in the cover letter.

That way, CIC will award you the points for what you send them, and if it asks later, you can be ready for those others.

This is just my personal take on the matter. Others might add.

Regards

abcpunjab

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
In Generic Form Question 13 (c) ...Provide the name of current spouse ..... here family name of spouse has to be pre marriage??? cos current name include my surname..... so help me in this

gs123

May 2, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
04-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
abcpunjab said:
In Generic Form Question 13 (c) ...Provide the name of current spouse ..... here family name of spouse has to be pre marriage??? cos current name include my surname..... so help me in this
Provide the name as mentioned in her passport.

thetwo

Jun 21, 2014
nskatcv said:
The checklist, point no. 12 states that the principal applicant must provide, 'Letters of reference from all your employers for the past 10 years.'

If you want to save time, you can list all occupations, but perhaps not send those letters, except the one you do want to send. This can be explained in the cover letter.

That way, CIC will award you the points for what you send them, and if it asks later, you can be ready for those others.

This is just my personal take on the matter. Others might add.

Regards
Thanks nskatcv!

OK, I will plan to list all employment and just mention that in the cover letter.

Another question, within the last 10 years, I was a student for 4 years and working part-time, should I mention under occupation student and part-time job or leave it blank or something else?

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
thetwo said:
Thanks nskatcv!

OK, I will plan to list all employment and just mention that in the cover letter.

Another question, within the last 10 years, I was a student for 4 years and working part-time, should I mention under occupation student and part-time job or leave it blank or something else?
part-time work won't do any good. no need to mention that.

Status
Not open for further replies.