Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One question, guys.

What does it say on your eCAS status?

Does everyone have "In Progress" ?

Mine still only shows "Application Received", and "We received your application blah blah"

I heard some of you have "We started to review your application" phrases.

Does it mean Buffalo haven't started processing my file?

By the way, I also heard the same story about quota from my lawyer. It's been slow due to the limitations on the number of visas that can now be issued.

help101

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18, 2011
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2013
AOR Received.
October 27, 2011
File Transfer...
July 7, 2012
Med's Request
February 21, 2013
Med's Done....
February 27, 2013
Passport Req..
April 22, 2013
nkusi,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply!

See, I DO want to go to Canada and start my studies while I can wait for my PR application process in Buffalo. But my concern is that, if I go to CANADA as a student, Buffalo can jeopardize my application process by saying "that I will have to wait until I am done with my studies before I they continue my PR application process".

This is REALLY what I am worried about. Please tell me: "would this ever happen to me if I go to CANADA for studies while my PR application is in process in Buffalo"?

I really want to avoid as much waiting pain as possible.

nkusi said:
@ help101 ,
When I applied for my CAQ & study permit, I already had the CSQ. They told me that these are two completely different files.
However, i don't know if that is the case for the PR visa application (a.k.a. federal visa). If someone else have been there , they will give you better advice.

In your case,I guess you will need to determine what comes first in your case: Immigration or study.

If you are in hurry with your immigration, send the federal application file now.( I guess you do not want to waste another 3 months with an idle CSQ before sending it to Buffalo). meanwhile, contact your school and tell them to postpone your inscription (for example , tell them that instead of Autumn 2011 , you will come in Winter 2012). It is like changing your reservation schedule.

If you are in hurry with school (may be there is a juicy scholarship ? ) , then come in Canada, get an address here and (from Canada) send your file to Buffalo, just as you would, from US. You may loose 3 months of waiting , but you will be ok, i guess . I am a student , and have applied from within Quebec.

Hope this helps your case a little bit.

help101

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18, 2011
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2013
AOR Received.
October 27, 2011
File Transfer...
July 7, 2012
Med's Request
February 21, 2013
Med's Done....
February 27, 2013
Passport Req..
April 22, 2013
ae03yy,

what exactly do you mean by "depending of the level studying"... are you saying that my PR application process may be delayed because of ???

ae03yy said:
@ help101
The decision is yours, you can definitely get both applications in, but depending of the level studying may delay the processing of PR application.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Hello , wcikkk !

Since March 4, 2011 my ecas shows the same:
The first page shows:
  • my current address
  • (Application status) "In Process"

and when you click on that status (for more info) , there appears a sentence :
"We have started processing your application on March 4, 2011". , followed by links for more explanations again ....

Nothing has changed since that date. Hopefully ,some good change will come soon.

Have a nice day, fella.

Nkusi

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Hi wcikkk,

Mine is same like nkusi. "In Process" - "We started processing your application on xx".

@help101
i meant if you're pursuing a 2nd or 3rd degree like a PhD, your application won't be delayed at all. Friends of mine got their PR while ddoing graduate studies.
From my view if you hve CSQ, you better come to study with CAQ.. complete all requirements and get your Study permit. Then come here and study, visit places, meet ppl, make friends. You may discover you dont like Quebec and wanna settle elsewhere or just be home sick. Your CSQ is valid for 1 yr anyways
So, you can submit the application whenever you get here within the 1 yr timeframe if as i said you don plan on doing graduate school. They will most likely take time but being in school you won't feel the stress of waiting.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@ae03yy ,
Hi wcikkk,

Mine is same like nkusi. "In Process" - "We started processing your application on xx".
I guess the ecas will look the same until we get the PR. Isn't it ?
After all, I know pretty well that they got my medic 1.5 months ago.
They got the RPRF cheque a month ago.
And nothing is mentioned on ecas . So , I guess the ecas' appearance will not change , right ? May be, that is the sore purpose of CAIPS (getting the applicant updated on every step) ??

Nkusi.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
you're right friend. Speaking of CAIPS, any news yet? mine is past due...

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
you're right friend. Speaking of CAIPS, any news yet? mine is past due...
Well now we'll all have to wait for the postal strike to resolve before we get anything in the mail, including CAIPS :(

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
i m getting confused here cz i was ready earlier that s.o. got his caips notes. so why not us? i ll try calling cic tomorrow to check it out.

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my CAIPS notes this afternoon.

The date of stamp is June 8, so I guess the affect of postal strike wasn't significant.

I remember some of you posted how to read CAIPS notes, but I think they changed the format of CAIPS.

Bunch of information, but not so sure what's going on.

It seems my case is still on hold after they opened it.

I will ask another one around the first week of July.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
That's truly saad, and unfare to you. Now, could you plz educate me on what would happen if you'd go back? I wonder if you can still return...
Caips note sample: http://www.caipsretriever.com/sample_caips_file.htm or http://www.caips.ca/sample.shtml
Caips note codes:

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG. Mine looks totally different from those samples you posted. There are no three or four-letter codes.
I wish I can upload my CIAPS to share with you guys, but too many pages to scan (more than 10 pages)
If I don't get PR at the end of this year, I have to go back to my country since the passport will expire.
I won't be able to renew my passport without PR, which means I would lose 1 year of my life AND few thousands of dollars for nothing.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
wcikkk i sent you a message hope you got it! Keep up the faith no matter what the situation is.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@ wcikkk

I used to worry at the beginning of this application. Asking myself if everything went well.... why Buffalo is not responding (reasonably, without meaningless automatic emails).....But fella, remember this : "Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness", "Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength." . So , do not let worries take you down. I have been there, and my message to you is threefold:
1. Keep your head cool, keep hope alive.
2. Plan for two or three alternative (feasible ones)
3. Show your situation to the One above all.

Unless there is a big big big problem between Ottawa & QC (and us be caught in their game) , I think our PR are on the way. I believe you will not have to get in trouble going back to renew your pp before the PR visa is in it .

Have a nice day, fella & keep ya head up.

Nkusi.

help101

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18, 2011
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2013
AOR Received.
October 27, 2011
File Transfer...
July 7, 2012
Med's Request
February 21, 2013
Med's Done....
February 27, 2013
Passport Req..
April 22, 2013
ae03yy,
thank you very much for your advice. i'm going for a master degree and i've already submitted my PR application to buffalo in april. given my situation, do u think going to canada as a grad student will not affect my PR application process at all? by this i mean, once i arrive in canada with a study permit, will buffalo ever ask me to send them my new visa documents showing my current legal status in canada again??? this is what i am afraid of...

up until now, i haven't received any update (not even my AR) yet :(
i am starting to worry now and i wanted to email and ask. please show me how i can send an email to inquire a status of my PR application in buffalo?

merci infiniment

ae03yy said:
@ help101
i meant if you're pursuing a 2nd or 3rd degree like a PhD, your application won't be delayed at all. Friends of mine got their PR while ddoing graduate studies.
From my view if you hve CSQ, you better come to study with CAQ.. complete all requirements and get your Study permit. Then come here and study, visit places, meet ppl, make friends. You may discover you dont like Quebec and wanna settle elsewhere or just be home sick. Your CSQ is valid for 1 yr anyways
So, you can submit the application whenever you get here within the 1 yr timeframe if as i said you don plan on doing graduate school. They will most likely take time but being in school you won't feel the stress of waiting.