21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@ help101 ,

It is good that you made up your mind: going for graduate studies. Now proceed accordingly: send the study visa' application and wait.
If I was in your shoes, i would first send an email , asking if there would be no friction between these two applications. If possible , I would even call (although , I don't know if Buffalo will take your call and answer your queries). Then if all is okay, I send my study visa application along with a letter , explaining my case (that I have already applied for a PR , then got admitted into XX University et blah blah blah ...).

As for your application in April , it is too early for your AOR to come. If you went into trouble checking what it took for other applicants (to Buffalo), you will realize that your AOR & medicals may come around August if all is well. So, no worries , just wait and pray (if you are a believer). And yes, once you arrive in canada you must inform CIC Buffalo of your new status. And, in my humble opinion, that would not afflict any delay to your immigration case (just inform them as soon as you enter Canada).

Well , I hope you will forgive me for taking the place of ae03yy and answering your question , as far as I could.

Have a nice day.

nkusi

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
hi help101

Firstly, i want to advice you to consider Nkusi last post when he said "do not worry". When we worry it affect our health and people around us get also worried about us and the circle goes on as we willl be even more worried because no one succeed at removing this intra-pressure. But, at the bottom we cannot alter, speed up or do anything... If you see what i mean.

SO RELAX. AND KNOW it is how you react to situation that will make you blossom... start smiling to life even when you only have bread and tea to eat for days, weeks and don't know like me when income will nnext come. And above all trust Him! not what situations look like on surface for He can change things out in a second on His time.

Now thaat you read this take a deep breath and continue reading.

Your application was received at Buffalo but they'll take a 20 week minimum to get back to you with a File#. We all faced the same situation not knowing what on earth was going on. In 20 weeks from receipt (6-7mths) they will check your file and then send your AOR by mail. Since you would have moved by then i advise you to try tracking your Bank Draft and see if it's encashed. They only cash when they accept an application (i.e. if nothing's missing). When you will have confirmation from your bank it's encashed then ask to get a copy of the confirmation. On that confirmation lies there's different info such as the date they cashed. it's like a print image of the draft you sent with the application. There's also a File# (FN) and it starts with B 123456789.

That's your FN. Whenever you arrive in Canada and get settle or whenever you're ready and have a Quebec mailing address FAX the Study Permit, along with your new address and make sure you quote on a cover letter both your Client ID and Full Name and DOB, and FN.
Fax it to (716) 852-2477 or (716) 858 9591
They'll then be able to contact you at that address. Meanwhile have s.o watch the mail there just in case they send AOR+Med'l form

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
now regarding the Student Permit, there won't be any issue :) You have a dual intent as it regards immigration meaning you're looking at studying temporarily but also settle permanently as PR. That is completely fine now. Before, years ago, dual intent was no good at all for those in Canada on temporary permit. They cannot deny you because you applied for both a SP and PR. Now even more than ever, being a graduate student you'll gain more favor than undergrads.

The reason is simply that financially you're more capable to establish yourself and get a get a job than undergrads would. So get ready to submit your SP and be at rest the process will be fine.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Nkusi,

There is a phone # to contact Buffalo and it is avail on CIC webpage, but it is an voice automated system and only from time to times you can get s.o on the phone. However, at this point having Help101 call in or email/fax would be pointless. He doesn't have his FN and Buffalo is dealing with the backlog. Moreover, by calling they cannot verify his identity and will most probably tell him to wait for AOR which as we know contains FN.

i agree that Help101, you should send a copy of SP and new address when you'll have them. You'll need to have FN to do so and it is on both AOR and payment confirmation.

help101

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18, 2011
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2013
AOR Received.
October 27, 2011
File Transfer...
July 7, 2012
Med's Request
February 21, 2013
Med's Done....
February 27, 2013
Passport Req..
April 22, 2013
@nkusi and @ae03yy:
first of all, i really appreciate all the time and courtesy you took to answer my questions. all ur answers, advice and feedback are well understood, and trust me, i will definitely consider them as i move forward into my SP and PR visa process...

i also wanted to ask one more question: is it possible to do the medical exams before receiving the request for it? i was wandering if that will save me some time...

kind regards,
help101

stanka

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you will have confirmation from your bank it's encashed then ask to get a copy of the confirmation. On that confirmation lies there's different info such as the date they cashed. it's like a print image of the draft you sent with the application. There's also a File# (FN) and it starts with B 123456789.
I don't have anything like that on my confirmation. My is from RBC, where did you get yours?

Btw it has been around 2 month since my checks were cashed and still no AOR. Is this normal? I also can't see anything on ecas using my study permit.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Hello Stanka,

How have you been? It's been a whhile since you dropped a line but anyways.
Many use TD bank, some desjardins and others like me go with Scotia Bank. From them all I heard or actually read only good comments from TD. Now to answer you I have an account with RBC, but went with the worst choice, Scotia, to get BD. Their system is apparently not equipped to print a confirmation of BD being cashed. However, if you are convincing enough you can like me get through and havve a printed copy where lies and await the FN.
RBC in my sense should be able to get this printed copy you just have to be persistent and nice and look desperate at once... maybe and explain the teller what this paper represents and that you need this FN to further contact Buffalo.
Yet, don't be fooled cz you won't be avbble to access your ecas with it at least not yet. You see friend, only when the process starts up yes only then will you be able to see it online with Client ID or FN. To reach this point Buffalo website states:
"You will be sent a letter showing your file number and outlining the next steps in processing within 20 weeks of the date of your application's receipt at this office.
Please do not contact us during this period - except to notify us if there is a change in your mailing address or if you decide to withdraw your application.
"
(Retrieved from: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/processing_times-delais_traitement.aspx?lang=eng)

stanka

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ae03yy,

Thanks for your reply. ;)
This waiting just drives me nuts! I didn't expect it to be so long, but I guess we all didn't.
I actually have a printed copy that says both of my checks were cashed(processing fee and RPRF), I can see the amount that was cashed, the date, many other things, but I can't see a file number. :(
Maybe they gave me the wrong paper or something....

Yet, don't be fooled cz you won't be avbble to access your ecas with it at least not yet. You see friend, only when the process starts up yes only then will you be able to see it online with Client ID or FN.
Does the process "officially" start when they send me AOR or only when they receive medicals?

btw. ae03yy, could you please take a look at my question here, because it seems you have plenty of experience in this immigration business)))))
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/name-change-and-going-back-to-canada-t74298.0.html

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Do u see a barcode somewhere on the paper u got from RBC? And there's also a canadian flag if i remember correctly ... the barcode is underneath the FN and the flag along with the ministry name are above. By the way it might not be starting with B but E. some of us, wcikkk and I can't recall who else, had FN begin with E too.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
stanka said:
I'm still waiting for my PR, but as soon as I get it, I'm planning to go back to my country and have a legal name change. My name will be changed on all official papers from my country including travel passport.
My question is - will I have any troubles going back to Canada, because the name on my PR card will differ from the name in my travel passport and would it be possible to request a new card upon arriving to Canada?
That is so funny because I recently had to face the same issue. Here's my suggestion:
The best way for u is to see if you can'tt start the process now.
1-Can you travel back home now? If for instance your Home country is Mexico or USA, you could easily plan a trip and deal with the change now.
2-Can you design s.o in your Home country to do it? That's what I did, I asked my father to do this for me. If you can, make sure you write a letter authorizing the person and explain why
3-Is it necessary? What do you need to have modified and why wait to get PR/why do it now, is a question to consider as well.

What Buffalo needs to modify a name: When I initially applied for CSQ and later for PR, I wrote that my name is improperly written on passport. I received CSQ and saw the agent just copied the mistake from PP, so I wrote her a letter and emailed it to appeal. My mistake is on the first names and it makes people call me differently. I explained that when i got to Canada, they asked how I want my name to pop up in the database... which helped me address the issue all along. Now, I was asking the same favor so i can both recognize when s.o calls me and not feel frustrated.
Then she phoned me up and apologized on the phone she also commented that passport has to match with CSQ if not you won't be allowed in.
She changed it nonetheless, and then I decided to go to the root and modify Birth Certificate so my next PP will appear ok.
However, when I applied with Buffalo I did not had the conversation with that lady yet and so wrote a note to beg them to watch out and write it this way. Later after I had a 2nd CSQ with the proper first name printed. I emailed Buffalo to say i got 2nd one and ask they send AOR quickly. They didn't but 7 months later when I got my AOR alongside was a note stating.
We need to write your name as it appear on PP, but if you want a change in please present a Legal doc presenting that you changed. Finally, my father as i said had to run many places and still does cz my Birth certificate isn't modified yet... but he got a requete de changement de nom done at the Court and with that he did a new Certificat de nationalite and i then got my PP with my name properly written. I didn't need the PP maybe only the Request for amending my name or the Certificate of Nationality or the Birth Certificate amended or PP with any of the proof I just stated.

For your case, it might be different if it is your last name you want to modify due to marriage. You can keep your last name at birth as is and then change it when you are getting citizenship... I read many stuffs about that but if you wanna change best do it now so everything be accurate like PR Card, SIN#, Health Card, changing signature with banks. You can also wait like if you change last name and simply carry 2 passport one with old info just in case they stop u at the airport because they didn't recognize you from your picture and signature.

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nkusi said:
@ wcikkk

I used to worry at the beginning of this application. Asking myself if everything went well.... why Buffalo is not responding (reasonably, without meaningless automatic emails).....But fella, remember this : "Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness", "Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength." . So , do not let worries take you down. I have been there, and my message to you is threefold:
1. Keep your head cool, keep hope alive.
2. Plan for two or three alternative (feasible ones)
3. Show your situation to the One above all.

Unless there is a big big big problem between Ottawa & QC (and us be caught in their game) , I think our PR are on the way. I believe you will not have to get in trouble going back to renew your pp before the PR visa is in it .

Have a nice day, fella & keep ya head up.

Nkusi.
ae03yy,Nkusi. Thanks for your support and encouragement.

You are right worry doesn't solve anything. I just have to keep faith with Buffalo, and pray for better tmr.

ae03yy, I sent you a message.

stanka

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
Do u see a barcode somewhere on the paper u got from RBC? And there's also a canadian flag if i remember correctly ... the barcode is underneath the FN and the flag along with the ministry name are above. By the way it might not be starting with B but E. some of us, wcikkk and I can't recall who else, had FN begin with E too.
nooo what RBC did, they just printed out the webpage where I see all transactions and it also shows who cashed it, when and which amount was cashed. Very strange....

1-Can you travel back home now? If for instance your Home country is Mexico or USA, you could easily plan a trip and deal with the change now.
Unfortunately I have to fly all the way back to Europe.(((( That's very complicated.

2-Can you design s.o in your Home country to do it? That's what I did, I asked my father to do this for me. If you can, make sure you write a letter authorizing the person and explain why
Yeah, I can do that easily. I've done that already for the police certificate.

It seems like you've been through a lot with your name! :eek:
I'm afraid that if I will change my name now it will delay my application, I'm already behind my schedule. I was planning to become PR in May(lol how naive I was) and now my plans are ruined, cause it seems I will not get my PR before September.(((
I'm changing my name for family reasons and it also will be more convenient for Canada, with my current one I already had tons of troubles. People can't even pronounce it correctly.

I read many stuffs about that but if you wanna change best do it now so everything be accurate like PR Card, SIN#, Health Card, changing signature with banks.
Yeah, I agree, I wish I could do it now, but it's not possible.((((

Anyway, do you think I will be able to request a new PR card with my new name on it by simply showing, that I have legally changed it back in my country? Maybe I could call somewhere and clarify?

help101

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18, 2011
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2013
AOR Received.
October 27, 2011
File Transfer...
July 7, 2012
Med's Request
February 21, 2013
Med's Done....
February 27, 2013
Passport Req..
April 22, 2013
guys!!! guys!!!

i got good news. i just received the confirmation receipt from my bank. indeed, as you explained, i saw a B 1234 5678 9 on it. what should i do next? please!

hanisuliman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/6/2011
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
13/11/2011
File Transfer...
Detroit 17/02/2012
Med's Done....
15/11/2011
Passport Req..
30/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/2012
LANDED..........
2/4/2012
hello All,

I am boarding the train of Buffalo now. I did apply for PR at Buffalo last week though. So, hopefully things will get easy on all of you and me too.

One question: What is the next step for me ?

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
@ wcikkk

I read ur reply, plz send it whenever u r ready. Most of the time I'm home doing nothing these days, just looking for a job, so that will for sure give me somthg to do.

@ help101
Get your SP docx together and submit an application asap to the nearest consulate. About Med'l you should be good; however, they might ask you to redo it if it expires before PPR comes.

@ stanka
I sure had lots to deal w/ for change of name. You know we start a process thinking it takes x time but in my case what made it so complex is the situation in my Home country, Ivory Coast. As for ur question of waiting for PR, I don't think they will change unless you pay for new PRCard. Your Best option is that you call CIC Info-line or visit your local CIC to ask if you can/what you'd need... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp#on

@ hani
Dear friend, all you can do is wait for AOR+ Medical form to arrive in 6-7months from the date they receive it.

Good w-e to all!