+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've been in Canada for 10 years, but spent first 6 years in Ontario.
The reason I transferred to the university in Quebec from university in Ontario was that I knew it was the easiest and the only way to get PR for international students at that time.
For someone like me who has mandatory military duties back in home country, it is the only way to get PR and settle in Canada.
If you have more than 1 year job experience in Canada, nowadays it would be easier and faster to get PR under other PNP or CEC rather than under QSW.

But I don't have any work experience, so I still feel grateful to Quebec that they gave me an chance.
However, their processing system has recently been outrageously inefficient, and if I don't get PR by the end of November I have to go back to my country, which means I would've spent my time and money for nothing.

After getting PR, I don't intend to stay in Quebec. There are many reasons why I want to move out. But first of all, I can't bare this frech-oriented culture. As an Asian, I've never felt any discrimination against skin colour, but I often see/experience harsh discrimination against non-french speakers. In my field, no one can get even interview offers without perfect command of french language. Also the fact that wage rate is relatively low while taxes are highest in North America made me re-think about this province.

I've enjoyed my staying in Montreal, but I think it's time to move out for future plans. I don't think this is the place to build my career path. I really do hope Buffalo makes some real progress under new system.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Freedom do you know about PEQ? Well if you know it, you also know CEC. They are about the same with the main difference that CEC is not for those who want to live in Quebec and dealt by Buffalo from day one.

In fact PEQ is an attempt made by the MICC to copy CEC. You see I had originally applied through FSW in November 2007 while in my last year of study. Back then there were only two ways to get PR, unless you get married: FSW and QSW.
Then within weeks of me applying CIC introduced CEC as a new way to immigrate. The goal is simple: Do you have Canadian Experience... if yes your case will be done within 1 yr... and to convince us all to apply they removed the point system in motion before and left 2 criterias: language & work/study experience. Then many applicants withdraw their application for FSW to apply to Canadian Experience Category. Not me I stayed and received negative decision after 23 months in Oct 2009.
When CEC started Quebec promised then they will do the same but took too long to do so. I again applied after first denial to QSW in January 2010. The VERY next month PEQ started.. My file took 7-8 months to be finalized with MICC while with PEQ (programme experience du quebec) is aiming at handing CSQ within 1-2 months.

Of course by the time CEC was rockin high, other provinces wanted to be having some power to attract immigrants like Quebec was and it resulted in the creation of PNP. The Provincial Nomination Program unlike Quebec was at first processing and giving a certificate of selection for free and still now most won't charge a fee like Quebec does.

About CEC, you first need to not be willing to live in Quebec. If you recently did Post-education in Canada and worked with PGWP for 1 yr...If you can prove your language abilities in English / French by doing a test... YOU QUALIFY. Now, if you didn't study here hat's still okay because you can show you know Canadian life through a 2yrs of work experience in Canada. Within 6mths to 1 yr you would be PR holder. And so those that got CSQ through PEQ can see the similarities and understand what CEC is about.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Yes! I has been regretting. We should have applied for provincial immigration in Manitoba. It's much faster. But at that time, Quebec immigration was faster and McGill is a famous school. That's why we moved to Montreal.
However, we didn't know the applications of graduate students would not be accepted until they finish all their courses. Then we waited for another two years before receiving our CSQ.
What happens in Buffalo is what I didn't expect.

Do I love Quebec? I think the answer is YES! If i get my PPR, I'll love it more. :p

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Que100 and ans, have u got any news laterly?? I haven't heard from you guys in months now!

Eng_Mtl

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2017
Nomination.....
SA Email March 19, 2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hello Everyone,

My study permit is expiring on July 31, 2011. And now I am still waiting on my PR should I apply for visitor visa ? or should i go back to my country and wait for PR process to complete ?

Please give me suggestions regarding visitor visa conditions and what do I have to show to get one. Do i need to leave Canada to get it stamped on my passport ?

Thanks

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Are you still a student? if you are, just renew your study permit online. If you are a student in QC, you have to get a new CAQ first, then renew your study permit.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Hello , Eng_Mtl .

In Canada they have the work visa for new graduates, called "Post Graduation Work Permit" (PGWP). I do not know the whole process, but try this link
http://www.canadavisa.com/post-graduation-work-permits-for-international-students-in-canada.html

May be that would be a beginning point , then you can start chasing complete information and applying as soon as possible . It also looks like you get some kind of extension of your study permit ...

.....you will need to submit your application for a Post Graduation Work Permit before your Canada Study Permit expires and within ninety days of receipt of written confirmation that you have satisfied the requirements for your program (the issuance of your final grades). If necessary, you can always request a one-time Bridge Extension on your Study Permit....

Also, here is the CIC link that talks about the work permit for foreign Students in Canada
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work-students.asp

Try to put some emphasis on the third kind of work permit.

Good luck , fella !

Nkusi

help101

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18, 2011
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2013
AOR Received.
October 27, 2011
File Transfer...
July 7, 2012
Med's Request
February 21, 2013
Med's Done....
February 27, 2013
Passport Req..
April 22, 2013
Hello, I'm new to this forum.

I have a quick question. I received both CSQ (first) and CAQ (second). At the moment, I am still living in the US. My application is still pending at Buffalo as a QSW applicant.

I'm supposed to start classes in September 2011 with my CAQ and study permit. However, is it a good thing to leave US and go start my studies in Canada while my PR application is still pending at Buffalo visa office?

Please advise me :-(

Thank you and God bless

help101

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18, 2011
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2013
AOR Received.
October 27, 2011
File Transfer...
July 7, 2012
Med's Request
February 21, 2013
Med's Done....
February 27, 2013
Passport Req..
April 22, 2013
Please help :(

I heard rumors that once your PR application is pending, it is not a good idea to move to Canada. I thought Buffalo is also in charge of handling application for users who currently lives in Quebec, Canada right? If that's the case, then all I need is a "change of address" once I arrive there. Am I making the right decision here? :(

gedubruk

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong / Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
Nomination.....
16-08-2010
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
Med's Request
16-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03- 2011
Interview........
16-08- 2010
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I just would like to share some info with everyone. I contacted my lawyer today, she told me that base on the conference with Buffalo Program Manager recently, from now on Buffalo introduce quarterly quotas system.

I quote:
"Regarding the quarterly quotas, please be informed that Buffalo now issues visa’s quarterly, therefore this quarterly batch is from (April, May, June) and the next would be (July, August, September), and on"....

So in my understanding, if we don't get answer by end of quarterly period, we need to wait couples more months for the next one. :( sigh... .... but who knows, finger cross and keep hoping

Eng_Mtl

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2017
Nomination.....
SA Email March 19, 2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
They have updated my eCas now showing the correct address. So eCas does shows sign of life after all this chaos.

Just waiting on my Medicals now.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@ Eng_Mtl
Eng_Mtl said:
They have updated my eCas now showing the correct address. So eCas does shows sign of life after all this chaos.
Just waiting on my Medicals now.
That is good news. At least we know that something is not stuck .
And, when did you send your medicals ??

@ gedubruk ,
........this quarterly batch is from (April, May, June) and the next would be (July, August, September), and on.....
1. What do these quarters (April-June , July-September) refer to : the application date or AOR/Medical .... ??
2. Does this means that they are going to approve/refuse visas at the end of quarters only ?? No approval/ rejection within the quarter ? (that would sound quite strange)

@ help101 ,
When I applied for my CAQ & study permit, I already had the CSQ. They told me that these are two completely different files.
However, i don't know if that is the case for the PR visa application (a.k.a. federal visa). If someone else have been there , they will give you better advice.

In your case,I guess you will need to determine what comes first in your case: Immigration or study.

If you are in hurry with your immigration, send the federal application file now.( I guess you do not want to waste another 3 months with an idle CSQ before sending it to Buffalo). meanwhile, contact your school and tell them to postpone your inscription (for example , tell them that instead of Autumn 2011 , you will come in Winter 2012). It is like changing your reservation schedule.

If you are in hurry with school (may be there is a juicy scholarship ? ) , then come in Canada, get an address here and (from Canada) send your file to Buffalo, just as you would, from US. You may loose 3 months of waiting , but you will be ok, i guess . I am a student , and have applied from within Quebec.

Hope this helps your case a little bit.

Have a nice evening , ya all.

Nkusi.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
what is new at Buffalo, really? lol
I wonder how many they are accepting for Quebec... 13-15 per quarter if so that manager should just have them take us all: we're a gang of 13 candidates eager to land. I try to animate this thread not to say I try not to dream of kicking their %$?!6..............lol
No, seriously! pal it's aint fair.

@ help101
The decision is yours, you can definitely get both applications in, but depending of the level studying may delay the processing of PR application.

gedubruk

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong / Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
Nomination.....
16-08-2010
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
Med's Request
16-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03- 2011
Interview........
16-08- 2010
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
@nkusi,

I am not really sure what it is base on, but I guess base on Medical as that is the last one we need to do... and I guess the idea is like what you said in second point (they don't reject or issue visa before the end of period), not really sure why are they doing these, cuase for me seems that won't help them speeding the process ????

@ae03yy

hehe you are rite I hope we all belong in that "very super duper limited quota" they choose each time. it seems that most of us has similar time line and even some with similar situation (talking about our temporary permit which will finish soon :(

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
You 'd better be kidding me .... :eek: :-\
I am not really sure what it is base on, but I guess base on Medical as that is the last one we need to do... and I guess the idea is like what you said in second point (they don't reject or issue visa before the end of period), not really sure why are they doing these, cuase for me seems that won't help them speeding the process Huh?
No visa before the end of a quarter ? That would be ridiculous ! ??? :mad:

@ae03yy ,
pal , you taught me how to wait.
When i come to this forum, I was sooooo frustrated &*#@8%@&^+$#...... Buffalo' processing time showed 6-9 months.....
But when i heard of 30 weeks for just an AOR ...oh, boy !

Now, all i got is a prayer and waiting for a miracle ( hopefully , that is coming very very soon ... :D :D)

nkusi