Mar 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
admontreal, I submitted the application on 24, Feb. it is our turn to wait for the FN.

admontreal said:
Good morning everyone.

@ ae03yy : I don't think we can pay RPRF online. The instructions to pay it are on Buffalo.gc.ca

@ wcikkk : I'm really sorry to hear that and I hope you'll get some news soon. that's not normal, you must contact your lawyer and your MP (député) to find out what's going on.

I sent my application to Buffalo about one month ago. If you paid by Post Canada order you can check if it was cashed out by Buffalo by calling Postes Canada on their number. You need the serial number of your money order and they'll tell you.

I think that all these delays were caused by the new System. A new applications processing software was being tested and things finally seem to move on !! ;D

Good luck to everybody

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did med exam in anticipation yesterday.

It took around 3 hours, and costed $195.

Hope to have AOR next week. PLS GOD

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Hello wcikkk ,

Did you have your breakfast before taking the medical exam ??

I am having my exam tomorrow , I have forgotten to ask them about this . Do I have to fast ??
My exam is at 13:30 ... it is gonna be a hell of a day !

Nkusi

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nkusi said:
Hello wcikkk ,

Did you have your breakfast before taking the medical exam ??

I am having my exam tomorrow , I have forgotten to ask them about this . Do I have to fast ??
My exam is at 13:30 ... it is gonna be a hell of a day !

Nkusi
They didn't mention it, so I don't think it really matters. I had a breakfast an hour before medical exam.

They just did simple things such as urine, blood sample, chest X-ray. You can have these tests with full stomach

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
yegoo, we sent our Mar-08 and they are still not back....we sent them with a prepaid postage for the fastest service on the way back, I am checking the tracking number every day, but its still not activated....
Good luck guys, I still check this tread frequently to see if there are any good news among the rest of you. I believe this will be very soon!

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
ae03yy said:
Awesome yegoo. That must be a relief!

As for me, Buffalo said they got my med'l reports. fairooz, ton40 & fallsage what's up on your side?

@ wcikkk, I did mine in Ottawa; it cost $165 and took me 1h approx. So, maybe call a few more practitioners if you decide to do it ahead. Now regarding, losing a Med'l file it is more unlikely to happen if you provide Client ID from WP... that's what my dmp suggested i do but since i had an old file for FSW there, it was also attached to that one. Good luck no matter what you decide!
nothing new. still wait...

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
same here! can barely stand the wait now: wish i could kick their ass!! sure would help to face all tha pressure. lol

wcikkk, any news of aor yet?

how did med'l exam go nkusi?

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
same here! can barely stand the wait now: wish i could kick their ass!! sure would help to face all tha pressure. lol

wcikkk, any news of aor yet?

how did med'l exam go nkusi?
Nothing yet. I need to kick their ass

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@fairooz ,

I went to the CMIPQ (http://www.cmipq.com/) .
The service was fairly okay. I had an appointment , but I arrived around noon. Tried to explain it to one nurse who almost ignored me , giving me a number instead . It was noon , I had to wait anyways (my appointment was at 13:30) ! Around 13:00 , it was my turn:
First , signing the forms (require 2 recent passport photos) + urine sample , then wait
paying the fee (195 $ cash) , and wait
Taking blood + wait
Chest X-ray + wait
Meet a doctor who checks blood pressure, heartbeats ..... (brief, he does the rest of the exams) ,and asks lots of questions too. And that was the end.

The place seems to be new, either undergoing some kind of renovation or the clinic just moved there. So, the system is not fully computerized yet. You are given a number as you arrive, and wait to get called .
the personel is friendly, which makes up for the long wait (indeed, you pass most of your time in the waiting hall) .
And the service is bilingual (English & French). French is my second language, so I went ahead and used that, but there were a couple of english speaking patients and they received treatment as well. I guess the clinic is bilingual . Some nurses are Latino , so they could help in Spanish too (just in case we have a latino fella among us)

Last , there is a lot of people ... While I was there , the waiting room was full (some 20-25 people waiting for the medical check). So , my advice , if you want to wait the shortest time, get there as they open and get No.1. I can't really predict how the appointment system works (the number I took was more profitable , as I ended up getting the check before the appointment).

Hope that helps someone .

Nkusi.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Hello , everybody !!

Any good news ?

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011

hadal

Dec 13, 2010
Nothing from my side yet! I did medicals two weeks ago. By the way, I have some questions for you guys;

1. Did we need to send anything to Buffalo after doing the medicals? Today, one of my friends told me that he has sent the confirmation of medical completion to Buffalo! He told me the doctor has asked him to do so!

2. I have not paid the RPR yet as I have not been asked up to this stage. Do you think that paying RPR at this stage and before being asked by Buffalo is an appropriate move? Will it faster the process?

3. Do you guys have any estimation that how long more do we need to wait before passport request?

Thanks
Hadal

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing yet on my side. ae03yy how long did it take for buffalo to get your meds results and inform you after you called ottawa? It's a been a week since I called ottawa and no news from buffalo, i'm wondering if i should call ottawa again next week?