+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

Tees Maar Khan

Mar 12, 2011
Hi friend. I am applied from Pakistan for Quebec and no medicals to now.

ae03yy said:
Welcome on board man.
Where are you applying from, through which category, and what is your application status?

wcikkk, i came at age 15 so i undestand the distress of moving back to a country one is originally from but yet barely knows. I'm in Canada for about half of my life and did not travelled beyond 3 months elsewhere. I have DES from Trois-Rivieres, did some Cegep before moving to Niagara region for University+ESL.
It's hard to say this but whenever i was going back to my home country during summer/christmas holiday season, ppl were constantly thinking i'm a stranger. I was a foreigner back home and so these experiences allowed me to decide for applying and fighting to reside in Canada permanently. My sisters are here, my friends and souvenirs too and i have a job in my field here. I am used to Canadian/Quebec cultures..., etc.
So, u know we all hve different reasons to look for our shiny visa but you need to list your goals and not let an immigration agent allow you to look sideway... like fairooz said:
and you stated:
SO Keep believing, dreamming, hopin man. Cheering up your spirit!

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys for your good wishes, lets hope our friend wcikk gets some good news soon as well.

ae03yy any news on whether Buffalo has received your medicals?

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your warm wishes guys.
I contacted my lawyer, and she's been contacting to Buffalo.
They've told her it takes 33 weeks to open the files, but some of her clients got their AOR much earlier, while some like me are still waiting.
It depends on whose desk the files are falling on. My guy could be a lazy bum who loves office chatting.
Anyway, it's quite relieving to know she actually cares of my case.

Here's a question for those who did med exam in anticipation.
Where did you go for the exam in Montreal?
I called few DMPs today, but only one is willing to do it without formal request.
Rest of them ask me to come with formal paperwork.
The one I contacted asks $230, which is quite expensive. (Clinique Médicale Métro Médic Centre-ville)
I live near Guy-Concordia metro. Any suggestion?

yegoo

Feb 26, 2010
Hi guys !!!

Its been a long time since my last post, I think was on Nov.

Just want to say thx for everything, all the advices, all the info, and all the support.

I am very pleased to announce that yesterday I got the long awaited e-mail from Detroit (Buffalo trasferred my file to them last Nov.) saying that the application for permanent residence in Canada appears to be ready for visa issuance.

I can only say, have faith, and never give up cuz the time will come for all of us !!!, wcikkk, fallsage, ae03yy I know you guys are next !!!

My time line was

App. Filed - July 13 2010
AOR Received - Oct 1 2010
Meds. Done - Oct 4 2010
File Trasferred to Detroit - Nov 20 2010
Add. Docts Required - Dec 9 2010
Fees and Passports requested - March 15 2011

Cheers to all of you !!!

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Congrats, yegoo!
I already know how happy you are at the moment!
Good luck to all of the guys still waiting :)

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yegoo said:
I am very pleased to announce that yesterday I got the long awaited e-mail from Detroit (Buffalo trasferred my file to them last Nov.) saying that the application for permanent residence in Canada appears to be ready for visa issuance.
Wow. Congratulations!!
You will be out of this forum pretty soon.
I hope to enjoy same hapiness soon.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Awesome yegoo. That must be a relief!

As for me, Buffalo said they got my med'l reports. fairooz, ton40 & fallsage what's up on your side?

@wcikkk, I did mine in Ottawa; it cost $165 and took me 1h approx. So, maybe call a few more practitioners if you decide to do it ahead. Now regarding, losing a Med'l file it is more unlikely to happen if you provide Client ID from WP... that's what my dmp suggested i do but since i had an old file for FSW there, it was also attached to that one. Good luck no matter what you decide!

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Congratulations , Yegoo !

Nkusi

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
ton40 said:
Congrats, yegoo!
I already know how happy you are at the moment!
Good luck to all of the guys still waiting :)
Thank you ton40 it was a pleasure corresponding w/ u throughout the process. Thks for bringinng me to this forum too and wish you folks all the success in moving plans and the resettlment challenge. Keep me updated whenever/where you end up comin on Facebuk, plz!

And.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats yegoo! It must be an immense relief! :)

Good to know Buffalo has your med results ae03yy, hopefully now your case will fly right through to the finish!

As for mine, I got a reply from buffalo today saying they have not received my results yet which I found to be a bit odd considering I did the tests in December. I'll call Ottawa tomorrow on the numbers you gave to find out whats going on

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy I must say you are a total GODSEND to this forum! :) I called Ottawa today to find out about my meds results, the lady I spoke to was a bit rude but in the end thank god she managed to trace my meds and said they'd be forwarded to buffalo by next week. Thanks again for your advice and for posting the numbers!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
fairooz said:
ae03yy I must say you are a total GODSEND to this forum! :) I called Ottawa today to find out about my meds results, the lady I spoke to was a bit rude but in the end thank god she managed to trace my meds and said they'd be forwarded to buffalo by next week. Thanks again for your advice and for posting the numbers!
Glad to know posting those numbers was helpful ! Surely, being in here for 15yrs helped to know the system but also teaching Fed'l public servant and being an eternal learner always ready to impact ppl around me... if you see what i'm saying!
Don't worry about that lady cz Public Servants don't like being disturb, that's also why they don't post phone numbers for VO online only fax#, email, and mailing address. They forget the pressure we are facing as applicants and the need to ensure things are moving accordingly. By the way, you'll get an email from Buffalo when they receive the reports so no need to be worried. Cheers!

yegoo

Feb 26, 2010
Thank you all for your comments !!! :D Feels great !!!

We went to take the pics yesterday and We'll send the passports tomorrow morning !!

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the passports back?

Thx Cheers!