+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

bigkev82

Sep 13, 2010
nkusi, i also went to the clinique de médecine Industrielle et Préventive du Quebec. I agree with match in that the service was good. It is really quick to get an appointment as well, i called last thursday afternoon and had an appointment the following morning at 9am (i know it is really mean to tell you, but i paid only $185, their prices went up to $195 today, sorry!). They seemd to be busy (waiting room was full with about 20 or so wanna be immigrants) and the whole process took me about 3 hours.

C

canworker

Hi guys,

I have been working in Montreal since 2009. Yesterday my employer made me full time job offer. They are happy to initate my immigration process by sending the permanent job validation request.

I have only basic level of french skills.
1 -Does this make any impact on my application
2 - my application is in process under FSW 2 what will happen to this application
3 - what is the average time of job validation, CSQ and then federal process.

Company lawyers are looking into more details and perparing the application

Please provide your advise

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
canworker said:
Hi guys,

I have been working in Montreal since 2009. Yesterday my employer made me full time job offer. They are happy to initate my immigration process by sending the permanent job validation request.

I have only basic level of french skills.
1 -Does this make any impact on my application
2 - my application is in process under FSW 2 what will happen to this application
3 - what is the average time of job validation, CSQ and then federal process.

Company lawyers are looking into more details and perparing the application.
Since ur employer are willing to employ u regardless of ur french level, u are ok, ur application will be under Arranged Employement which is the highest priority case both with BIQ and CHC. after the submission of ur file u shld get ur CSQ within 60days while the CHC-part shld not be more than 3months. u have nothing to do cos ur employer will pull the strings for u. but they must make ur application fool-proof , cos authorities will verify if the job offer is genuine or not. congrats for the job offer

Please provide your advise

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got CAIPS notes from Ottawa.

It says no cases were found at Buffalo.

I think Buffalo hasn't opened my application yet.

The letter stamped on 9 March, so I guess there's longer waiting ahead of me.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
After a careful review of the AOR package , I came to realize that Buffalo did not mention the Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF).
If I'd like my case to go faster , may I submit a RPRF bank draft at the same time as the medical exams ?

Does anyone know about how this can be done ? (or may be it is not a good move ?)

Thanks in advance.

Nkusi.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woohoo!! I just got my AOR and medicals! :) Turns out the reference number on the bank draft and the file number are not the same. I just emailed buffalo to find out if they got my medical results or not, fingers crossed they did!

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@fairooz ,

congratulations !
Looks like we are on the same timeline .

Nkusi.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
congratulations! nkusi & fairooz.

nkusi, I went to the clinic that you mentioned above. The service is great. And they will send your result to Ottawa the next day or in 3 says (sigh, I forget sth.) it costs $256.96 in total (tax included).
It's more expensive than others. But I can't speak French and the place is closer to my apt.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
nkusi said:
After a careful review of the AOR package , I came to realize that Buffalo did not mention the Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF).
If I'd like my case to go faster , may I submit a RPRF bank draft at the same time as the medical exams ?

Does anyone know about how this can be done ? (or may be it is not a good move ?)

Thanks in advance.

Nkusi.
In my AOR package, it didn't mention the RPRF either. But we can pay online when they ask for passport and then send them passport and the print of receipt or the proof we already paid together. That's what I plan to do.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Congrats to all that received AOR and med'l.. I'm surprised File no were not the same as B123456789 on BD but oh well as long as you got yours now.
Regarding RRPF, you can mail Buffalo to pay that or wait for them to request it. It's the same thing. But no you won't be able to send medical with RPRF together. Medical results are sent to Ottawa by DMP and then Ottawa submits reports to VO within 3 mths normally.
That's why if you want to send RPRF, you'll have to do so by mailing VO directly and then wait for them to request ppt(s).

wcikkk, was your money cashed at least? You should contact your lawyer, i'M GETTING WORRY TOO

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning everyone.

@ ae03yy : I don't think we can pay RPRF online. The instructions to pay it are on Buffalo.gc.ca

@ wcikkk : I'm really sorry to hear that and I hope you'll get some news soon. that's not normal, you must contact your lawyer and your MP (député) to find out what's going on.

I sent my application to Buffalo about one month ago. If you paid by Post Canada order you can check if it was cashed out by Buffalo by calling Postes Canada on their number. You need the serial number of your money order and they'll tell you.

I think that all these delays were caused by the new System. A new applications processing software was being tested and things finally seem to move on !! ;D

Good luck to everybody

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
My fault, I checked CIC website. I don't think we can pay online. Soooory~~~ :eek:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

C

canworker

Thanks mate. I am working for billion $ company having more than 5000 employees in Montreal.

Can you provide the critical sections in the applicatio package to make file free of errors

Cheers

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Regarding the RPRF , here is what Buffalo says :

"The Right of Permanent Residence Fee in these classes may be paid at the time of application or at any time during processing."
(http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais_buffalo.aspx) .

So , I guess for the time being I will worry for the medical exams alone. The RPRF will get some priority after the medicals are gone.

Thanks for everybody who suggested the clinics for medical exams . I think I am going for "clinique de médecine Industrielle et Préventive du Quebec". With hope that they don't have too long delays in sending the results to Ottawa ... Any information about how long it takes for them to get the documents to Ottawa ?

Nkusi.