Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
match,
i tried with File# just now and Client ID too. Nothing comes up with my Client ID but I was able to see "started processing your application on Feb 25, 2011" when i entered AOR . My timeline is as follow for Quebec application with Buffalo:
Mailed to VO: Aug 27, 2010
Appl'n rec'd: Sept 07, 2010
Med'l done: Oct 04, 2010 in anticipation; Furtherance Tests done on Nov 16, 2010
Bank Draft cashed: Nov 02, 2010

Processing QSW since Feb 25, 2011
AOR mailed: Mar 03, 2011
AOR+IMM1017S rec'd in Hull: Mar 08,2011

i would recommend you to go to your bank and request a printed copy of confirmation for your bank draft being encashed. I believe your BD was cashed in November and if you succeed to get a printed confirmation, you shall have your File# written on that
Hope it helps :) :) :) :) :)

match

Nov 3, 2010
thank you guys for your input and advice. i appreciate it. will definitely go get a copy of that BD transaction.

ae03yy, my timeline is almost exactly like yours, minus the medicals done in anticipation.

bigkev82

Sep 13, 2010
AOR and Medical request received by mail today March 10. Med exam already organised for tommorrow, let the next round of waiting begin!

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ssanndy said:
Question for all

How long did it take for you to recieve your CSQ?
and where did you apply from?
It took me around three months to get CSQ last year.

One of my friends filed the application last December, and the interview is set at the end of March.

If he passes interview, he will get CSQ right at that place.

We all stay in Montreal. I heard applicants from US take much longer. But it's all case by case.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@ssanndy ,

If you are a senior student (in your last year) , or you have been working in Quebec for a year (or more) , my advice is that you try the PEQ (Programme d' experience Quebecoise) . It takes weeks (3 -4, according to the QC immigration agent I talked to , in Montreal). However, I did not do it myself.
If someone did , they can inform you better.

If you go through the normal process (applying like any) it generally takes much longer .

Nkusi.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
SO COOL match, what's the date on the letter?

On January 27, I applied for CSQ from Hull, QC received it on August 24, 2010. Note I did not applied through PEQ.

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
match said:
FINALLY RECEIVED MY AOR AND MEDICALS!!!!

SO RELIEVED!
Congratulations!!

You must be extremely happy. ;D

I guess every August & early September applicant got their AOR+med EXCEPT me. :-[

I'm really worried what would happen to my case.

My lawyer's handling the whole process so I have no idea it actually arrived at Buffalo safely.

I trust her, but bad things keep staying around my head.

Last night, I had a dream of getting AOR, but no news today either..

And this crazy weather in Montreal deepens my frustration.

match

Nov 3, 2010
ae03yy, the date on the letter is feb 25th. same as yours!

wcikk, what does your lawyer have to say? i'm sure yours is also just around the corner, just have some faith, like ae03yy says! there is no reason why it shouldn't be.

the weather in montreal is so nasty! infact the envelope that the aor/medicals came in had spots of raindrops all over it.

bigkev82

Sep 13, 2010
@ssandy. As nkusi said, if you qualify under the PEQ, do it that way for sure. From what i've seen on other websites and from my experience, it should be about 2 weeks for the CSQ (including postal delays).

tisu09

May 2, 2010
Congratulation match!
wcikk, I think there should not be any problem with your application, just a little more patience. Have you tried to access your file using your client id (that in study permit/work permit)? I tried with mine and it worked.

Quoted from a previous post of Nkusi:
For anyone else (with a valid study permit) who want to try, here are instructions :

From the ECAS page, you are provided with the authentication form , demanding :
A. The identification type (scroll to the "Client ID Number" option)
B. Identification Number ( enter the 8-digit client ID of your study permit without the "-".)
C. your name , date of birth and Country of origin (just as they appear on your permit)

Nkusi.

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
bigkev82 said:
@ ssandy. As nkusi said, if you qualify under the PEQ, do it that way for sure. From what i've seen on other websites and from my experience, it should be about 2 weeks for the CSQ (including postal delays).
not eligible for peq... applying from the US

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Sorry wcikkk, i replied the same day you last posted here, but it doesn't show up. I just want to say: be calm, you'll get yours in shortly. I'm confident because you arrived at age 14.

Those that did the Med'l in advance should try calling Ottawa by 10am: i'll send the phone numbers i found again on Monday, because I left them at work. I strongly advice you to first contact Buffalo to ensure they have your medical reports if done by anticipation. I emailed buffalo on Wednesday, and gota reply the next day!
They didn't have it, so I called Ottawa and no one answered or return my voicemails. It was after 11am and in the afternoon that i tried calling. So, i prepared a fax to send a written request the next morning. So, yesterday I thought of calling again as it was 9am and someone picked up the phone. She checked the info i gave her and discovered the mistake: They attached my Medical results to an old application. She then said she will forward the results to Buffalo asap.

Hopefully I'll receive another mail from Buffalo in March asking to submit passport. And also, my new passport will be ready for pick up.
Let see how things goes anyway!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
any news Que100, ton40 of shiny visa?