Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
Sorry wcikkk, i replied the same day you last posted here, but it doesn't show up. I just want to say: be calm, you'll get yours in shortly. I'm confident because you arrived at age 14.
Thanks for an encouragement, ae03yy.
You are right. I've been in Canada since I was 14, and never left more than 6 months.
I believe once they open my case it won't take much longer.
I guess they just pushed my case back for some reason, but hope to hear from them soon.

Staying calm is the hardest thing these days.
If I don't get PR by August or September, I have to join the Korean Army. :(

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keep your spirits up wcikkk!! God willing the new week will start with good news for you!

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
Sorry wcikkk, i replied the same day you last posted here, but it doesn't show up. I just want to say: be calm, you'll get yours in shortly. I'm confident because you arrived at age 14.

Those that did the Med'l in advance should try calling Ottawa by 10am: i'll send the phone numbers i found again on Monday, because I left them at work. I strongly advice you to first contact Buffalo to ensure they have your medical reports if done by anticipation. I emailed buffalo on Wednesday, and gota reply the next day!
They didn't have it, so I called Ottawa and no one answered or return my voicemails. It was after 11am and in the afternoon that i tried calling. So, i prepared a fax to send a written request the next morning. So, yesterday I thought of calling again as it was 9am and someone picked up the phone. She checked the info i gave her and discovered the mistake: They attached my Medical results to an old application. She then said she will forward the results to Buffalo asap.

Hopefully I'll receive another mail from Buffalo in March asking to submit passport. And also, my new passport will be ready for pick up.
Let see how things goes anyway!

Thanks for the great advice ae03yy!

By the way when you called Ottawa did you use your file number from the AOR or your client ID?

match

Nov 3, 2010
Hello,

to those of you who have done their medical already:

i know we are all told to bring "passport size" photos to the clinic. i went and took them today, and they are kinda huge (apparently, that is the size for Canadian Passports). do you think it matter specifically what dimensions.

for those of you who did it in montreal, im doing it on Monday at the Clinique de Médecine Industrielle et Préventive du Québec on Guy/Maisonneuve. If you have already done it there, do you know if they care at all?

hanisuliman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/6/2011
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
13/11/2011
File Transfer...
Detroit 17/02/2012
Med's Done....
15/11/2011
Passport Req..
30/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/2012
LANDED..........
2/4/2012
wcikkk said:
It took me around three months to get CSQ last year.

One of my friends filed the application last December, and the interview is set at the end of March.

If he passes interview, he will get CSQ right at that place.

We all stay in Montreal. I heard applicants from US take much longer. But it's all case by case.
Hi, Under which CSQ program did you and your friend apply?

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
match said:
Hello,

to those of you who have done their medical already:

i know we are all told to bring "passport size" photos to the clinic. i went and took them today, and they are kinda huge (apparently, that is the size for Canadian Passports). do you think it matter specifically what dimensions.

for those of you who did it in montreal, im doing it on Monday at the Clinique de Médecine Industrielle et Préventive du Québec on Guy/Maisonneuve. If you have already done it there, do you know if they care at all?
Hi match, I did my medicals in anticipation from the same place. They simply cut the photos to the appropriate size. Good luck!

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hanisuliman said:
Hi, Under which CSQ program did you and your friend apply?
We both applied under Quebec skilled worker program, not PEQ.

Strangely, his interview will be placed in Hong Kong even though he lives in Montreal.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
wcikkk said:
We both applied under Quebec skilled worker program, not PEQ.

Strangely, his interview will be placed in Hong Kong even though he lives in Montreal.
In HK? Way bizarre dude! But yeah, pic size doesn't matter. And they don't have to be all identical, at least not where i did mine. :)

About Medical examination done in advance, when i phoned up the lady (Susan) asked for File# and verify my name, DOB. I then told her it was linked to my Client ID but the DMP told me the link would be made automatically to the file#. She checked and said they did the link but linked it to my old immigration application. Then assured me as i said earlier that she will send it again through and Buffalo should have it by Tuesday.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Tees Maar Khan said:
Hello Guys, I am doing Canada Immmigration with Lawyer. I like this forum.
Welcome on board man.
Where are you applying from, through which category, and what is your application status?

wcikkk, i came at age 15 so i undestand the distress of moving back to a country one is originally from but yet barely knows. I'm in Canada for about half of my life and did not travelled beyond 3 months elsewhere. I have DES from Trois-Rivieres, did some Cegep before moving to Niagara region for University+ESL.
It's hard to say this but whenever i was going back to my home country during summer/christmas holiday season, ppl were constantly thinking i'm a stranger. I was a foreigner back home and so these experiences allowed me to decide for applying and fighting to reside in Canada permanently. My sisters are here, my friends and souvenirs too and i have a job in my field here. I am used to Canadian/Quebec cultures..., etc.
So, u know we all hve different reasons to look for our shiny visa but you need to list your goals and not let an immigration agent allow you to look sideway... like fairooz said:[quote author=fairooz]
Keep your spirits up[/quote]
and you stated:[quote author=wcikkk] I believe once they open my case it won't take much longer.[/quote]

SO Keep believing, dreamming, hopin man. Cheering up your spirit!

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Hello & good

@ssanndy ,
sorry then you will have to apply in the mainstream . Apart from Buffalo , do US applicants have another office where they can submit their applications ? what are the processing times ? (if it is faster that Buffalo , go for it).

@ae03yy
I love your fight ! On every turn you got another show ... but calling Ottawa was a nice one ! Thanks for all the encouragements & good luck , fella ...

Any one with good news, fellas ?

Nkusi.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
thanks nkusi.

If you did Medical examination in advance, and need to contact Ottawa Ottawa to follow up with that call:
613-941-2170 (Sabrina)
613-941-6641 (Susan)
613-957-6114 (manager, cant recall his name)
or fax a written request with File#, name, DOB, Client ID to :
Health Management Branch
Canadian Building
Telephone: 613-957-6114
Facsimile: 613-941-2179

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Good news !

I just received my AOR & Medical exam form (I think it is this one in green letters and my pp photo on it , right ? )

I will have my medical exam in Montreal. I suppose it requires a reservation . Could someone suggest a good clinic/hospital (need something fast) ?

Has anyone tried this one ?
MediSys (http://www.medisys.ca/healthy-workplace/immigration-medical-exams-canada.htm)
Montreal Immigration Medical Exam (X-rays offered on-site)
500 Sherbrooke St. West, 11th Floor
514-499-2772

how is the service ? what is the cost ?? (around 250 CAD , i guess ?). Anyone , please , give me a real estimation.

@ all fellas who are waiting for the AOR ,
I have to admit that the Buffalo guys are doing what they can , really. They must be burried under a huge pile of applications. They opened my case on 4 March , and the AOR + medical forms were in post on 9 March ! That seems pretty fast to me. It seems they are quite efficient once the file is open.

Good day, fellas !

Nkusi.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
@ nkusi the document you mentionned baring ur pic is indeed the form to provide to Practitioner. For the complete list of Practitioners refer yourself to CIC, call 2-3 different ones to compare. Ask what to bring in with your form, fees, and if you're in hurry ask for timeline from the date of your test to Buffalo reception. Finally ask about waiting list, if any, to set a date with them.
But note $250 might be too much: i paid $165 in dntwn Ottawa, but the cheapest was around $140 of the 3 places called

match

Nov 3, 2010
nkusi,

i went to Clinique de Médecine Industrielle et Préventive du Québec (1665 st. catherine west; Dr. Cajal who is listed in the DMP list of the CIC website). I thought the service was very good. it was CAD 195, and they told me that results should reach ottawa within 10 days