Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
It has been exactly 5 and 1/2 months that I have submitted my application to Buffalo, NY. So far I have not received any communication from them, not even AOR.

This is making me impatient and the wait is really annoying. Worst of all I called CIC general office and they told me that they dont know anything about outside visa offices. This was another disappointment today.

My study permit is expiring in June this year and I have to leave Canada just because my PR is taking this long.

I am a little hopeless right now :(

Eng_Mtl

Montreal, QC

yegoo

Feb 26, 2010
ton40 said:
Yegoo, we did not receive passports yet! :eek:
Its been a little bit more than 2 weeks, but this week our online status was changed to Decision Made. Is yours changed?
Are you already there or you are in the US?
Hi Ton40, They just got the passports today, lets see how long its gonna take!, the Detroit web says 10 business days max. So if everything goes well I will get the passports back on April 8th or 11th, or before hope so!!

I live in Montreal since 2008 and we applied as a common-law partner fo the federal process, we got the CSQ separately.

As soon as you get yours let us know, can't wait for ours !!!!

Hope and faith for the rest of you guys!!

Cheers !!! Yegoo

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Eng_Mtl said:
It has been exactly 5 and 1/2 months that I have submitted my application to Buffalo, NY. So far I have not received any communication from them, not even AOR.

This is making me impatient and the wait is really annoying. Worst of all I called CIC general office and they told me that they dont know anything about outside visa offices. This was another disappointment today.

My study permit is expiring in June this year and I have to leave Canada just because my PR is taking this long.

I am a little hopeless right now :(

Eng_Mtl
Why don't u apply for Post-Grad work permit? it should give you lots of time b4 PR

bigkev82

Sep 13, 2010
I usually check ecas tuesday just to see if anything new appears. As of today it shows 'Your current mailing address' with the option to update this. Does anyone know if this indicates anything, ie are they ready to post something else even though i received aor and medicals by mail earlier this month? I am just intrigued with all the little random little things which seem to happen at long intervals.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bigkev82 said:
I usually check ecas tuesday just to see if anything new appears. As of today it shows 'Your current mailing address' with the option to update this. Does anyone know if this indicates anything, ie are they ready to post something else even though i received aor and medicals by mail earlier this month? I am just intrigued with all the little random little things which seem to happen at long intervals.
I had that too for about a week,but as off today it's gone. Ah the mysteries of ecas :)

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
nothin changed on my side though. Hopefully something good will happen for us all in April... especially for wcikkk!

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Maybe their system has a small problem. Normally when I logined in, there was a place I could update my address. Today, that place has gone.
And nothing new.
Best wishes for all of us~~~~

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
any news from medical?

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For my case,nothing yet. I faxed ottawa last week,no response. I emailed Buffalo again today, waiting to see what they say, if they still don't have it I'll call ottawa again. Hopefully I won't get the same rude lady. It's weird, she found my results, got my file number and then said Buffalo would have my meds in a few days but since then I haven't heard a word :(

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Yegoo,

Our passports were received by Buffalo on Mar-08, however just yesterday we found out that we forgot to send with them the note about our heigh and eye color ;D , probably thats why we are so delayed ;D We e-mailed them yesterday to add this info to our case and will see what will happen.
Good luck to all of us!!!

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Today I called the CMIPQ to ask if my exams were sent to Ottawa .
They told me it takes 15 days to send them. I took mine on 21 March , and they are to be sent to Ottawa around 3 April.

Just for those of us who are in great hurry , CMIPQ may not be the best option. 15 days seems not quite fast.

I wish the best to everybody .

Nkusi

firasj78

Star Member
Aug 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/10/2010
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
14/06/2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
to detroit 13/10/2011
Med's Request
28/03/2011
Med's Done....
14/05/2011
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
16/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2012
LANDED..........
18/02/2012
Received Medical request on Monday, they did not give file # from buffalo that starts with B, they used the # that is on the CSQ (EP000XXX). I went online to check on that # it says that is invalid and it has to have one letter only.
Is it possible that Buffalo did not issue the AOR yet?

Please advise.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy I cannot say this enough times, GOD BLESS YOU!!! :D

I just got a reply from Buffalo saying they've received my medicals! Thanks so much for all the advice you've given!

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I sent an email to Buffalo few days ago to check whether they opened my case.

They replied back today with usual phrases saying "it takes minimum of 30 weeks to issue AOR"

However, this time they added 10 digit number starting with B to the subject of the email.

Is this a file number?

I tried to access to eCAS with this number, but it didn't work.

Hope this is a good sign.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds promising wcikkk!

The subject line of the emails I've gotten from them follow the same format you mentioned though my file number is 9 digits long. Hopefully you'll be able to access ecas soon, did you try using your client id as well?