+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****FEBUARY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hi there to anyone who can help!
My husband is PA and I am Canadian citizen/sponsor.
Our Application was received on February 19 of this year. We have done the medical exam, police checks.
The last time we have heard from them was June 19, stating our application was being transferred the London Visa Office.
My husband is a Polish citizen residing in the UK. He has a son living in Poland who we put on the application, but his son is not moving to Canada with us. CIC has requested a medical exam and visa photos done of him, but we are unable to do those. So we have sent a letter to Mississauga (in May, before they contacted us stating it has been moved to London VO) stating that we do not plan to bring his son to Canada and he is in full custody with his mother and we are unable to provide those documents. Unfortunately, we have not heard anything from them since. So naturally, we are a little paranoid our application is being 'put to the side.'
Does anyone have any information on this, or a contact number to contact the London VO regarding this? We're unsure if this silence is normal, but it seems from this thread similar people with our timelines are already stages ahead of us. I am wondering if we should just go ahead an contact the Mississauga office again but I have a feeling they will say it's all up to the London VO now.
Anyways, thank you kindly to anyone who can give us any insight!
Exactly my case, my husband has a son but he is not coming to Canada, we were asked his medical, just like you. We sent a letter explaining that there is no way we can get his medical done. After submitting my husband's medical they updated form " we have requested medical exam" to "we haven't receive the required medical exam" so I called my MP office assistant, she called and was told that they have received my husband's and we need to submit his son's. This was before the letter to explain. Till now the medical status is the same (we haven't receive the required medical exam), no update on background, on eligibility etc... But last month we got an email asking his interview language. I contacted the MP office again, she called and was told that my husband will do an interview they will send email to notify the date. Still online it says not interview required they will notify if it changes. There is literally no update on my file!! Imagine it was transferred to Ankara Visa office may 1st 2018, almost 4 months without any update!! My file was received February 13th 2018.
I am so tired of this, very tired:(:(.

It seems like it is ok that we did not submit my step son's medical since I explained, no so sure though
Hope that helps

Last edited:

krystianjess

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Exactly my case, my husband has a son but he is not coming to Canada, we were asked his medical, just like you. We sent a letter explaining that there is no way we can get his medical done. After submitting my husband's medical they updated form " we have requested medical exam" to "we haven't receive the required medical exam" so I called my MP office assistant, she called and was told that they have received my husband's and we need to submit his son's. This was before the letter to explain. Till now the medical status is the same (we haven't receive the required medical exam), no update on background, on eligibility etc... But last month we got an email asking his interview language. I contacted the MP office again, she called and was told that my husband will do an interview they will send email to notify the date. Still online it says not interview required they will notify if it changes. There is literally no update on my file!! Imagine it was transferred to Ankara Visa office may 1st 2018, almost 4 months without any update!! I am so tired of this, very tired:(:(.

It seems like it is ok that we did not submit my step son's medical since I explained, no so sure though
Hope that helps
Wow, our cases are so similar! Those updates are the exact same as ours... it's so frustrating but it is nice to hear that it's not only us going through this. I wish our application had stayed in Mississauga because it is much more simple to contact them there. At least you have a way to contact yours, we have search for a way to contact London but there only seems to be an email, which we sent a month ago with no response. It's unbelievably frustrating to see others process moving much more quickly then ours. :(
I hope you hear something soon. All the best.

Debdeb

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Wow, our cases are so similar! Those updates are the exact same as ours... it's so frustrating but it is nice to hear that it's not only us going through this. I wish our application had stayed in Mississauga because it is much more simple to contact them there. At least you have a way to contact yours, we have search for a way to contact London but there only seems to be an email, which we sent a month ago with no response. It's unbelievably frustrating to see others process moving much more quickly then ours. :(
I hope you hear something soon. All the best.
Very similar!! Find your local Member of Parliament in Canada to call them for you, that is what I did. Go talk to them, I found that helpful.
Yes it is very stressful, I have seen applicants after me who got their DM. The worse part they do not update my file it gives me more stress.
Good luck to us

Last edited:

Wambu J

Aug 25, 2018
Hello everyone,
We applied outland in Feb 2018..
We submitted my police certificate and Schedule A sometimes in april but it still shoes in the GC that the two documents have not been submitted to IRCC, done medicals and passes sometime in July, And i haven't heard a word since. We also did not get any communication of our application being transfered to a visa office, Any idea what could be going on or is anyone facing the same predicament. Should i re-upload the documents again via webform... just going crazy here with the wait.

Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results- You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents- We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. Help - Review of additional documents
Background check- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hello everyone,
We applied outland in Feb 2018..
We submitted my police certificate and Schedule A sometimes in april but it still shoes in the GC that the two documents have not been submitted to IRCC, done medicals and passes sometime in July, And i haven't heard a word since. We also did not get any communication of our application being transfered to a visa office, Any idea what could be going on or is anyone facing the same predicament. Should i re-upload the documents again via webform... just going crazy here with the wait.

Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility- We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results- You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents- We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. Help - Review of additional documents
Background check- We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision- Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Sounds like you didn’t submit those documents and they are waiting for them...After uploading those documents in GCkey you were supposed to complete the next step which is answering those secret questions in your GCkey account which is considered your electronic signature. After that the status should change from “not submitted” to “replacement provided...uploaded file IMM 5569” and that’s how you know that you submitted it. Would recommend you to complete this step ASAP and if your having problems with GCkey just submit your schedule A through web form or mail it to them as well as police certificate. Usually they don’t transfer the application to the local VO until they received schedule A so it’s probably still in Mississauga...

Wambu J

Aug 25, 2018
Sounds like you didn’t submit those documents and they are waiting for them...After uploading those documents in GCkey you were supposed to complete the next step which is answering those secret questions in your GCkey account which is considered your electronic signature. After that the status should change from “not submitted” to “replacement provided...uploaded file IMM 5569” and that’s how you know that you submitted it. Would recommend you to complete this step ASAP and if your having problems with GCkey just submit your schedule A through web form or mail it to them as well as police certificate. Usually they don’t transfer the application to the local VO until they received schedule A so it’s probably still in Mississauga...
Thank you so much. I just went in and did it. I cant believe i did not see that. This sets us back 4 months. Do you think i should call them and explain the situation, i just hope this won`t be grounds enough for a refusal.... I had included a paper Scedule A with my application but not a police certificate.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
I think you could call just to confirm that they received it and ask if there’s anything else they need just in case and also explain your situation...I would do it just for a peace of mind. But it takes a while to get a hold on agent because call center lines are always busy so better to call really early in the morning. I believe you’ll be ok and if status changed to ”replacement provided...uploaded file” (not “overdue”) it means system still let you to send it through which is good and in a few days your status on GCkey should change to “We received the additional docs you provided” or “we are rewieving additional docs you provided”.

Wambu J

Aug 25, 2018
I think you could call just to confirm that they received it and ask if there’s anything else they need just in case and also explain your situation...I would do it just for a peace of mind. But it takes a while to get a hold on agent because call center lines are always busy so better to call really early in the morning. I believe you’ll be ok and if status changed to ”replacement provided...uploaded file” (not “overdue”) it means system still let you to send it through which is good and in a few days your status on GCkey should change to “We received the additional docs you provided” or “we are rewieving additional docs you provided”.
I will call them tomorrow in the morning and ask if there is anything else they need. The status changed to replacement provided, so i am hoping it will be OK. Thank you so much for your guidance.

Reactions: Ukrainian girl

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
I will call them tomorrow in the morning and ask if there is anything else they need. The status changed to replacement provided, so i am hoping it will be OK. Thank you so much for your guidance.
No problem, I’m glad that I could help :)

caoroux

Nov 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
08-27-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
10-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2018
Has anyone here experienced having to send a copy twice to IRCC?

We sent an original copy of my husband and I's Marriage certificate on May 2018 when requested (by mail). That was before my husband was approved of being a sponsor. And yesterday, we received a request letter asking for a copy of a marriage certificate again which i uploaded through a GCKEY. I just find it very weird and a tad annoying as they already have our original copy. Just wondering if this is normal and had happened to anyone.