+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

laroly_rola

Star Member
Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
Where did you get this information? The average processing time is currently 11 months for inland non-QC, which means approximately 50% of applications are processed within 11 months.
Nice! Last time I checked it was 12 months, it went down to 11 now. I check here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

and it used to say that they based that calculation on 80% of the applications they have processed. Now it just says “most applications”

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Application: common law (Inland spousal sponsorship)
Sponsor: PR
Submission date: February 26/ 2024
AOR: March 14
Biometrics letter: April 8
Pre arrival letter: April 17
AIP/ SA: April: 23

nothing after this. Today is August 20/2024. Please let me know if it’s normal. I’m really concerned about this now.
It is completely normal. It took months for the Background check to be done. For me, it was early Jan 2024 until June 2024 for my background check to show completed after other things were done.!

ArpitP

Jul 11, 2024
Application: common law (Inland spousal sponsorship)
Sponsor: PR
Submission date: February 26/ 2024
AOR: March 14
Biometrics letter: April 8
Pre arrival letter: April 17
AIP/ SA: April: 23

nothing after this. Today is August 20/2024. Please let me know if it’s normal. I’m really concerned about this now.
we have the same timeline. I am also been waiting since April 23. No update since then. I have seen only one applicant from January get a P1, P2 and COPR. Have you heard of any other getting P1 for Jan or Feb applicant?

NBosprey

Jan 19, 2024
If I have this right, the processing time they show is what to expect if you apply now. When we applied in February the processing time was 10 months (not really a huge difference). However, processing times vary, some people have gotten it in 5 months others its 2 years. Generally from what I have seen on this forum, it seems a good chunk of people get PR between the 9 - 11 month mark with a long period of hearing nothing beforehand. Not hearing anything for many months is par for the course.

Reactions: publichealthnerd

Karam Brar

Apr 29, 2023
we have the same timeline. I am also been waiting since April 23. No update since then. I have seen only one applicant from January get a P1, P2 and COPR. Have you heard of any other getting P1 for Jan or Feb applicant?
Have you received any update on your file?

izziestxx

Jun 28, 2024
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-03-2024
AOR Received.
18-04-2024
Hello, how are you?

Quick question, my partner and I were trying to fill out the IMM 5710 for Open Work Permit application but we cannot get it to upload. There was only three spots for Employment and someone advised us to print the same page and fill it out, merge it and then upload.

How did you guys resolve this issue? Thank you, we appreciate it!