+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Simrankaur2626

Jul 6, 2022
I remember another important info.
the visa on my passport is a visitor visa and I have a trv.

Can the officer still deny me entry?

vancityrichard

Jan 24, 2024
I remember another important info.
the visa on my passport is a visitor visa and I have a trv.

Can the officer still deny me entry?
Yes, they can still deny you entry. Your travel document is for temporary residency. You plan on entering permanently. This is a reason that they could deny you for. They might not deny you, but they can. It's a risk you'd have to take should you choose to travel.

Ace...!

Mar 23, 2023
Yes, they can still deny you entry. Your travel document is for temporary residency. You plan on entering permanently. This is a reason that they could deny you for. They might not deny you, but they can. It's a risk you'd have to take should you choose to travel.
I'm a bit confused about this.
My wife (PA) and I (sponsor) are planning a one-week vacation in September. We have already everything approved except background check. She has a valid open work permit and TRV until August 2026. Could there be a risk for our application in doing so?

Mar 20, 2024
Hi everyone, I have an update on my application. I received the 2nd AOR as PDF file, that the sponsor is eligible for sponsoring the principle applicant. How much time does it take to get the AIP after this?
Thanks for you valuable information.

publichealthnerd

May 25, 2023
Hi everyone, I have an update on my application. I received the 2nd AOR as PDF file, that the sponsor is eligible for sponsoring the principle applicant. How much time does it take to get the AIP after this?
Thanks for you valuable information.
Assuming you are talking about the sponsor approval letter, I got my AIP the same day. But the timeline is completely different for everyone so I wouldn't worry too much if it doesn't come today.

Reactions: Software Cashier

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
I'm a bit confused about this.
My wife (PA) and I (sponsor) are planning a one-week vacation in September. We have already everything approved except background check. She has a valid open work permit and TRV until August 2026. Could there be a risk for our application in doing so?
Dual intent is legal in Canada but it is still a risk.

Jul 3, 2024
Hi All
Submitted inland spousal sponsorship application May 16, 2024 - received email from IRCC June 7th stating that Sponsor’s application has been received and no other correspondence since…how long does it normally take to receive the AOR?

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Hi All
Submitted inland spousal sponsorship application May 16, 2024 - received email from IRCC June 7th stating that Sponsor’s application has been received and no other correspondence since…how long does it normally take to receive the AOR?
That sounds like the AOR. Does it have your application number? If so, try linking the application to GCKey.

Jul 3, 2024
Hi, unfortunately it’s not the AOR it’s the confirmation of submission. I’ve contacted IRCC and they confirmed that the AOR hasn’t been sent as yet. Everything has been linked to GCKey.

thank you for your response!

Reactions: alex00

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
That sounds like the AOR. Does it have your application number? If so, try linking the application to GCKey.
Eh I seconded what alex00 said. That sounded like AOR - Does it look something like this? if yes, then it is AOR (ahh not sure if I could attach an image so I copied and pasted)

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about Application No. XXXXX
Correspondence Id: 2-88530600605
2 messages
Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre <Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca> Tue, Dec 12, 2023 at 9:15 AM
Reply-To: donotreply@cic.gc.ca
To: sponsor's email

UCI: XXXX
Application No.: FXXXXXXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.
This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
Dear Sponsor's name
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration
Canada (CIC) on 2023/11/20 on behalf of the following member(s):
PA's name

blah blah