Biometric Status: In Progress

PA Eligibility Marked Complete (Tracker): March 25th, 2024
Sponsor Eligibility Marked Complete (Tracker): March 25th, 2024
Pre Arrival Services Letter: March 19th, 2024

OWP Submitted: April 13th, 2024
Biometric updated in IRCC portal: April 9th, 2024
OWP Correspondence Letter: May 22nd, 2024
OWP Approval: Waiting

I gave my biometrics on April 8th, 2024 as requested for my PR application. I applied for OWP on April 13th. My biometric is reflecting as COMPLETED in my IRCC portal for OWP. However, in PR tracker it is still reflecting as IN PROGRESS although its been more than a month. Any idea why Biometric status is not updated? Since I see everyone in this forum have got their biometric status updated in a day or two.

Mar 20, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am from Ontario and it seems there is a lot of drag in processing the applications. I doubt that IRCC is delaying the AIP as my wife is pregnant and we mentioned the due date in the application. It’s too hard to believe that I’m wrong, as the process is struck at background verification. She lived in only one country and at one address. They did it when she is visiting Canada on a visitor permit.

We are struck without the health card and I tried everything that’s possible to reach out to IRCC. But nothing worked.

Any suggestions to trigger the application?

Thank you for your valuable information.

Last edited:

richardrocks

Jun 6, 2024
Hello everyone,

It seems there is a lot of drag in processing the applications. I doubt that IRCC is delaying the AIP as my wife is pregnant and we mentioned the due date in the application. It’s too hard to believe that I’m wrong, as the process is struck at background verification. She lived in only one country and at one address. They did it when she is visiting Canada on a visitor permit.

We are struck without the health card and I tried everything that’s possible to reach out to IRCC. But nothing worked.

Which province? Alberta enrolled my husband in the health plan just days after arriving retroactive to date of arrival with just the initial 6 month TRV document issued at the border. They extended it 2 years when the OWP was issued. Never needed the AIP or AOR letters.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

It seems there is a lot of drag in processing the applications. I doubt that IRCC is delaying the AIP as my wife is pregnant and we mentioned the due date in the application. It’s too hard to believe that I’m wrong, as the process is struck at background verification. She lived in only one country and at one address. They did it when she is visiting Canada on a visitor permit.

If you have questions about healthcare coverage, you need to let others know which province you are residing.

Mar 20, 2024
Which province? Alberta enrolled my husband in the health plan just days after arriving retroactive to date of arrival with just the initial 6 month TRV document issued at the border. They extended it 2 years when the OWP was issued. Never needed the AIP or AOR letters.
I am in Ontario.

izziestxx

Jun 28, 2024
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-03-2024
AOR Received.
18-04-2024
Hello! My partner and I submitted our application last March and I know this thread is for February applicants, but I am looking for some answers and probably some updates since we haven't heard anything from IRCC since last month. I'm hoping to know if there is progress with your applications? Thank you!

publichealthnerd

May 25, 2023
Hello! My partner and I submitted our application last March and I know this thread is for February applicants, but I am looking for some answers and probably some updates since we haven't heard anything from IRCC since last month. I'm hoping to know if there is progress with your applications? Thank you!
I haven't heard anything from IRCC since mid-April, which is when they accepted my medical. Everything except my background check has been complete since then.

Reactions: izziestxx

QRG437

Aug 20, 2024
Application: common law (Inland spousal sponsorship)
Sponsor: PR
Submission date: February 26/ 2024
AOR: March 14
Biometrics letter: April 8
Pre arrival letter: April 17
AIP/ SA: April: 23

nothing after this. Today is August 20/2024. Please let me know if it’s normal. I’m really concerned about this now.

laroly_rola

Star Member
Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
Application: common law (Inland spousal sponsorship)
Sponsor: PR
Submission date: February 26/ 2024
AOR: March 14
Biometrics letter: April 8
Pre arrival letter: April 17
AIP/ SA: April: 23

nothing after this. Today is August 20/2024. Please let me know if it’s normal. I’m really concerned about this now.
This is completely normal! Right now, 80% of inland applications outside of Quebec are taking around 12 months to complete according to IRCC.
December applicants are just starting to hesr about portal emails and eCOPR, so we’re still like 2 months away from hearing something I’d say

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Right now, 80% of inland applications outside of Quebec are taking around 12 months to complete according to IRCC.
Where did you get this information? The average processing time is currently 11 months for inland non-QC, which means approximately 50% of applications are processed within 11 months.