+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 - Citizenship Applications

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So I applied for citizenship thru online, so I apply for adult for myself then I applied for my son who's 17 years form 5(2). I received my oath taking letter from email and will do on August 22. But on my sons application still in progress no update. Does it mean he will not do the oath taking with me? Does he need to wait for his letter of oath taking? Please help me , any idea what's going on on his application, I tried to call IRCC numerous time but no luck.
You applied online together ?

laylani105

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
in the instructions, it says I have to do mine first then do his on separate account. In online application there's no family options like you'll enter everything together...

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
in the instructions, it says I have to do mine first then do his on separate account. In online application there's no family options like you'll enter everything together...
I don't think you did it right. Both the application should be created within the same account. You first create your application then click the "Create an application" button and add your kids application within it.

Reactions: Alalac

alias.1

May 9, 2018
Hello, I had applied on 4th of February 2024,
Received AOR on 19th of February and Test Completed on 1st of April and update test results updated on portal on 4th of April. Since then there has been no reply or updates.
LPP is still showing as in progress. Anyone else facing similar issue? My application is at Vancouver office.
My test was marked as completed around the end of May and there's been no update on my LPP since. I believe my processing office is also at Vancouver.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
When you do your online application, did you do for yourself first (adult) and do your minor after in same account or different account?
It's a different account but you should have added his account to yours, and it looks like this step is missing, based on your comment

grenukappa

Sep 7, 2021
Sharing my group citizenship Online application timeline for reference:
Application filed: Feb 5, 2024
Background verification : Mar 5, 2024
Citizenship test: Jul 4, 2024
Scheduled for citizenship test: Jul 11, 2024
Citizenship Test Completed on Jul 18, 2024 and portal updated on: Jul 22, 2024
Prohibitions/Language skills/Physical presence: Aung 14, 2024 (All 3 completed on same day)
Citizenship ceremony: Status says "Not started"

vcjsdgv

Dec 20, 2018
Hello, I had applied on 4th of February 2024,
Received AOR on 19th of February and Test Completed on 1st of April and update test results updated on portal on 4th of April. Since then there has been no reply or updates.
LPP is still showing as in progress. Anyone else facing similar issue? My application is at Vancouver office.
i m in similar situation im also vancouver office

mickymots

Feb 23, 2016
I am curious if anyone had an interview and after that their physical presence is still pending?

My wife's application required her to go through an interview which she did on June 12th. Officer didn't have the passport copies (even though it was submitted) so she asked the copies and mentioned that she will not be able to complete 'physical presence' check at the moment. Language and Prohibition was marked complete shortly after but since then physical presence is still in-progress.

laylani105

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
That's what I thought too..not sure what to do now. I'm still gonna do the oath taking without him but I'm wondering what will happened on his application

It's a different account but you should have added his account to yours, and it looks like this step is missing, based on your comment

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
That's what I thought too..not sure what to do now. I'm still gonna do the oath taking without him but I'm wondering what will happened on his application
If he doesn't have the required physical presence days it will get rejected. You can start thinking on withdrawing and reapplying again.