+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 - Citizenship Applications

JamCan56

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
I finished the virtual oath ceremony yesterday and received an email today to download my citizenship certificate. However, when I tried to download it, I encountered the following error:

"Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship."

Has anyone else experienced the same problem while trying to download their certificate?
It's normal! Mine was available 2 business days after

Reactions: kish1910

kish1910

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Vaughan
I finished the virtual oath ceremony yesterday and received an email today to download my citizenship certificate. However, when I tried to download it, I encountered the following error:

"Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship."

Has anyone else experienced the same problem while trying to download their certificate?
Received the e-certificate today. Thanks all! timelines are updated in the signature.

USCAN2019

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Hello, can anyone help me understand if my application processing is slow or not? My application has not been updated since April 16 2024.

Citizenship Application Status:
ID:
PR->Citizen->OCI
App Type: Online
Applicant: Family (3), includes minor
Physical Presence: 1117 Days
App Sent: Feb 23, 2024
App Delivered: Feb 23, 2024
AOR Date: March 01, 2024
Tracking Link Date: April 6 2024
Test Invite Date: April 11 2024
Test Interview Date: April 11 2024
Test Completed Date: April 12 2024
Finger Print Request:
Finger Print Received Date:
Background Complete Date:
April 4 2024
Language Complete Date:
Prohibitions Complete Date:
Physical Presence Complete Date:
Decision Made Date:
Oath Letter Date:
Oath Date:
Any update on your application? I have same timeline.

Bekkie

May 15, 2024
Fingerprints, how long is the average time the RCMP takes to process that and send it to the IRCC processing office?
It will be on Monday a month for us waiting for it to be received by the IRCC, as per online tracker it looks like it has not been done yet as its still saying waiting on you.
Called the RCMP today to inquire on this, but was very unhelpful. Said they cannot say may be much longer than a month. And will be contacted when ready. Altough the person who took the fingerprints said max 2 weeks. And all documentation was taken and he checked that it will be sent to the office as requested. Or it is protocol to be notified too?

I was really hoping they would be able to look on their end if this was processed or whats the status somehow.

We are just worried that the 30day window may not be just on fingerprint should be taken, but also on the point it should be received at the immigration office in 30days.
(Fingerprints were done the very next day after the letter was received.)

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Fingerprints, how long is the average time the RCMP takes to process that and send it to the IRCC processing office?
It will be on Monday a month for us waiting for it to be received by the IRCC, as per online tracker it looks like it has not been done yet as its still saying waiting on you.
Called the RCMP today to inquire on this, but was very unhelpful. Said they cannot say may be much longer than a month. And will be contacted when ready. Altough the person who took the fingerprints said max 2 weeks. And all documentation was taken and he checked that it will be sent to the office as requested. Or it is protocol to be notified too?

I was really hoping they would be able to look on their end if this was processed or whats the status somehow.

We are just worried that the 30day window may not be just on fingerprint should be taken, but also on the point it should be received at the immigration office in 30days.
(Fingerprints were done the very next day after the letter was received.)
Mine showed completed..after 30 days exactly

LargeLanguageModelBot

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
I decide to provide a data point here, in case useful to some folks.
I applied last year but decided to withdraw (I posted a separate thread on this forum before) because I missed one trip abroad. Fast forward, I applied again.
My timeline is exactly as reported here as some other folks did: BG check passed, citizenship test passed, etc. However, I see those other folks getting LPP completed while mine is not. From the ATIP notes that I read, it was the same day that IRCC asked me for an interview through Microsoft Teams as other people were getting LPP completed.
Therefore, I guess that some junior clerk would go through all the applications, approve the trivial ones, and hand them over for an interview by a senior officer. However, the interview was backlogged too much, and I waited for 40 days before I received an interview notice, I finally got an interview about two months after IRCC decided to interview me.
Then I had an interview with the IRCC officer the other day. The officer said that the only reason that I got interviewed was that I had applied and withdrawn before. All the other criteria are good: 5 years of taxes, continuous work experience, and a lot more than the required physical presence -- due to my first miscalculation, my physical presence is well above 1095.
The interview was short (about 3 mins), and the officer said that she would expect me to get an oath notice very soon. I'm still waiting, and hope the oath ceremony will be soon.

Takeaway: 1) the backlog is real, especially when it comes to interviews or senior officers. 2) I don't think ATIP notes have accelerated anything, as I see my timeline as similar to those who required ATIP notes every week. 3) please double and triple-check your travel history before submission. You can see that even though my case is simple, a withdrawal on file did slow down my process significantly.

Last edited:

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
I decide to provide a data point here, in case useful to some folks.
I applied last year but decided to withdraw (I posted a separate thread on this forum before) because I missed one trip abroad. Fast forward, I applied again.
My timeline is exactly as reported here as some other folks did: BG check passed, citizenship test passed, etc. However, I see those other folks getting LPP completed while mine is not. From the ATIP notes that I read, it was the same day that IRCC asked me for an interview through Microsoft Teams as other people were getting LPP completed.
Therefore, I guess that some junior clerk would go through all the applications, approve the trivial ones, and hand them over for an interview by a senior officer. However, the interview was backlogged too much, and I waited for 40 days before I received an interview notice, I finally got an interview about two months after IRCC decided to interview me.
Then I had an interview with the IRCC officer the other day. The officer said that the only reason that I got interviewed was that I had applied and withdrawn before. All the other criteria are good: 5 years of taxes, continuous work experience, and a lot more than the required physical presence -- due to my first miscalculation, my physical presence is well above 1095.
The interview was short (about 3 mins), and the officer said that she would expect me to get an oath notice very soon. I'm still waiting, and hope the oath ceremony will be soon.

Takeaway: 1) the backlog is real, especially when it comes to interviews or senior officers. 2) I don't think ATIP notes have accelerated anything, as I see my timeline as similar to those who required ATIP notes every week. 3) please double and triple-check your travel history before submission. You can see that even though my case is simple, a withdrawal on file did slow down my process significantly.
Thank you for sharing!
And good luck!!
What is your office?

Emily.bio.88

Jan 13, 2020
My spouse and I applied on the 23rd of February, and everything has been green since the 22nd of April. However, we are still waiting for the oath. I am frustrated because we need our passports as we have found a job in the US. Our life are uncertain right now, and I am feeling very stressed out. We have two more months left in our current job.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
After LPP becomes green, I received oath invitation today in two weeks. Not bad! So the only difference between me and the other folks here is that I waited two more months for an interview.
it happens, someone i know waited around the same time for interview they applied in march interview for august.