+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2024 - Citizenship Applications

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Guys
Were you ever able to see ghost update or an actual update anytime during the day other than early in the morning?
I don't want to keep checking for nonsense
I called and asked and the answer was...it can be anytime during the day depends on when the office opened your application

I'm not so convinced

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Guys
Were you ever able to see ghost update or an actual update anytime during the day other than early in the morning?
I called and asked and the answer was...it can be anytime during the day depends on when the office opened your application

I'm not so convinced
I have seen people say after 5 am or 7am.. personally majority of the times i have checked my tracker and noticed i had a ghost update or actual updates it was after 6am. my offices were scarborough then switched to mississauga via ATIP notes.

Reactions: Me2020

FMeg

Oct 2, 2018
Guys

I'm not so convinced
Out of all the ghost updates, the only one that came in the afternoon was the one before I got my ceremony invitation.

scientistatwork

Mar 29, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
Jan 24 2019
Med's Done....
03-05-2019
I agree that it won't hurt to call. I have experienced a very different timeline than my spouse (after the test), as only I was asked to submit finger prints.

In case it helps somehow, below are our timelines so you can see how different they look :). Hope you get an update soon!

My timeline:
Background verification: Jun 13
Language: May 30
Prohibitions: Jul 09
Physical Presence: May 30
Latest update: July 11 (previous latest update was Jun 15)

Spouse's timeline:
Background verification: Apr 19
Language: Jul 05
Prohibitions: Jul 05
Physical Presence: Jul 05
Latest update: July 09 (previous latest update was May 24)

This is very helpful. What number should I call and ask?
Also, did you receive oath ceremony updates?
PLMK.
Thanks!

JamCan56

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Was it crowded?
How long did you have to wait?
I got there around 7:20ish a.m. and was the 16th person in line. We got let into the building around 8:20ish and i saw an agent by 8:35. Had to get my photos redone though but the lady was kind enough to let me go and get them retaken at a store nearby and skip the line once I returned. Was out of there around 9:10. It was a bit crowded but they had all counters open and so the line was moving pretty quickly

mastershoo

Jul 12, 2021
It is really sad :( that my application has been stuck on Physical Presence since May with no movement at all. I really wonder what could be stalling the application (over 1220 days and never left canada since we came), called, submitted web forms and all came with the same feedback of "it is still within the processing time". I was hoping that my application would have been concluded by now, I have a company offsite event in Boston which this delay has impacted. Wondering if anyone has Physical Presence still ongoing plus would they feel pressured if I send another enquiry mentioning that this delay is impacting my ability to travel for a company event?

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
It is really sad :( that my application has been stuck on Physical Presence since May with no movement at all. I really wonder what could be stalling the application (over 1220 days and never left canada since we came), called, submitted web forms and all came with the same feedback of "it is still within the processing time". I was hoping that my application would have been concluded by now, I have a company offsite event in Boston which this delay has impacted. Wondering if anyone has Physical Presence still ongoing plus would they feel pressured if I send another enquiry mentioning that this delay is impacting my ability to travel for a company event?
We're in the same boat. I have a conference end of Aug. Send an urgent request with letters from work.
I was so happy to find the Prohibitions step got completed this morning. Not sure if the urgent request was a part of it but you need to do that. Hopefully, I find my ceremony scheduled next week

Reactions: JamCan56

FMeg

Oct 2, 2018

I think its the never leaving Canada part that's causing the delay. CBSA will only have a record of when you entered. If you've never left after your initial landing, they need to use the remaining things in your application to verify if you actually stayed here.

If you have traveled abroad a few times then they will have an easier time verifying if you've spent the reqd. days as CBSA will have more data points and IRCC can use that.

Reactions: Anonymoustd

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
I think its the never leaving Canada part that's causing the delay. CBSA will only have a record of when you entered. If you've never left after your initial landing, they need to use the remaining things in your application to verify if you actually stayed here.

If you have traveled abroad a few times then they will have an easier time verifying if you've spent the reqd. days as CBSA will have more data points and IRCC can use that.
i doubt it. it's case by case imo and also whoever is doing your application and how many apps they are doing, also applications get moved around to different offices. per my ATIP notes my app has been assigned to 4 offices. i have 1500 days never left. everything has been "completed" in 4 months i am just waiting on my oath date. there is no order or routine with how an app is completed. some do LPP together, some do them seperate..

FMeg

Oct 2, 2018
Its definitely case by case, I am just speculating the cause of the delay. I've read what I said on some comments by VIP members here too. Not much to do on the applicant's side anyway. You just have to wait.

The only thing that I sent extra with my application was a copy of all the pages of my passport. Applied on April 1st, my ceremony is this week.

FMeg

Oct 2, 2018
I am just trying to find out if anyone else in Toronto is going to the same ceremony. Its supposed to be an in person special ceremony organized by Cirque de Soleil for their 40th anniversary.

• Wow
Reactions: Alalac